PDA

View Full Version : I must have EVERYTHING!

Shorty
10-28-2013, 12:34 AM
Are you a scavenger in games or do you play through without worrying about collecting every little knick knack and health pack possible?

I scour every single area as best as I can looking for items, whether they might be relevant or not. The idea of missing a really cool item or weapon or extra ammo because I didn't look hard enough drives me nuts!

What about you?

Skyblade
10-28-2013, 12:39 AM
I turned back 50 hours of FFXIII because I missed a weapon (which I could have bought, I just didn't like the idea of having something no collected). I don't like things to go missing.

Which is part of why I hate games like FFXIII which have treasures that are permanently missable. You should always be able to go back and look around at an area from long ago and still find an item if you never found it the first time.

Slothy
10-28-2013, 12:57 AM
I find endlessly searching for every little collectable item in the world to be completely and utterly boring. Too many games to play to have time for that nonsense.

Elskidor
10-28-2013, 01:13 AM
It depends on the game. If all those extra objectives are keeping me entertained then heck yeah I'll do it. I try to get as much as I can, but I eventually get bored though. When it comes to Final Fantasy, some of them are just way too much of a pain to waste that many hours on unless your just having a blast. Collecting a bunch of pointless cards in FFVIII...NO WAY. FFXII and FFX I really tried to get as much as I could, but there came a point when I realized I was having no fun, and it felt like a chore, and that's when I usually pull the plug. Oddly enough that's what mmos are all about. You are always out to finish that last task, which leads to another task, and you're never done chasing that imaginary pointless objective. I'm out of the mmo gaming for now so I can laugh about it, but I know when I get back into it those pointless tasks will have me wasting a way forever.

Jessweeee♪
10-28-2013, 01:19 AM
In games like Dragon Age where the coolest stuff could be anywhere, in any little bush or low level corpse, then I search every corner of the game. Otherwise I loot everything in front of me and don't go too far out of the way unless I know for a fact that something useful/valuable is there.

Also omg the cards in FFVIII were not pointless they broke the damn game.

Elskidor
10-28-2013, 02:18 AM
No, but I couldn't stand doing it. I didn't find it worth the trouble.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-28-2013, 02:43 AM
It depends on the game for me, honestly. I've always loved the first Kingdom Hearts enough that I almost always try to get everything in every single playthrough. This is partially to extend the game, but I also like to see how quickly I can manage to get everything. I think my quickest time is 23 hours for (as far as I know) completing everything possible in the game. Otherwise, I will just scavenge for ultimate weapons for every character in FF games and that's about it.

Agent Proto
10-28-2013, 02:55 AM
Eh most of the time, I don't really bother. I usually play mostly for the story considering that's more important to me than having all the items possible in a game.

Shorty
10-28-2013, 06:21 AM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7914255/Lucky%20Pumpkins%20(2013)/lp_ijeif.png

Calliope
10-28-2013, 06:25 AM
I am a scavenger in games, and although I can't claim it, I found your bubble metal king slime pumpkin xDDDD

black orb
10-28-2013, 06:30 AM
Are you a scavenger in games or do you play through without worrying about collecting every little knick knack and health pack possible?
>>> I tried to that in Xenoblade but I failed miserably..:luca:

Freya
10-28-2013, 06:48 AM
CLAIM

Pike
10-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Well, going back to the original point of the thread xD I usually don't care about picking up all the little extra doodads. I've got too much of a backlog to worry about it most of the time.

Ayen
10-30-2013, 06:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZRGhfnIzFY

I grab an item if I see it on the screen and some times when I don't need it. While playing Zelda recently I maxed out my rubies and yet, every time I see a ruby appear I have to grab it whether I need it or not. Force of habit.

Psychotic
10-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Fuck that for a laugh. I've never cared a great deal as it is, but ever since I got a full-time job any notion of doing that sort of thing has gone right out of the window.

Iceglow
10-31-2013, 01:15 AM
I guess it depends. I used to be a scavenging monster! I could search endlessly for one single item. These days not so much, more my bag is going through a game on the hardest setting possible. Solo Legendary runs or Veteran difficulty CoD runs are the preference for this. In GTA V I doubt I'll ever 100% everything because I just don't have time to be trying to find all those collectibles.

Del Murder
10-31-2013, 05:52 AM
I try to get all the treasure and do every quest but I stop short of trying to get every little thing for a platinum trophy. Usually if there is a checklist or a completion percentage then I will try to fill it out. There's too many other great games to play to spend my valuable time on just one.

Cosmiccandy
11-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Depends on genre of the game. In a (good) survival horror title or something like Metro 2033 it is heavily encouraged you pick up absolutely everything you can, and I will. In an RPG I am usually just fine ignoring optional superbosses and ridiculous equipment and so on. I also dont hoard my healing supplies and end the game with 80-something mega potions. Godammit, they're there to be used.

I remember discovering I had lost access to the Zodiac Spear in FFXII, and it didn't bother me one fucking iota. I beat the game and turned a blind eye to the more ridiculous hunts and rare monsters. I guess when it comes down to it I really just play roleplaying games for the story more than attempting to become the supreme master of the universe. Character progression is fun to a point, but it gets to a point where I say its not worth it. Thats what turned me off of World of Warcraft very quickly. Its probably why my favourite RPG titles are stuff like Dragon Age and Suikoden

escobert
11-03-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm a scavenger. This would be best represented in Fallout 3 where by 20 to 30 hours I have several hundred stimpacks, several thousand rounds for each gun I carry and more caps then I could ever spend.

Quindiana Jones
11-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Oh God, the Fallout games. They highlight my scavengry (totally a word) in the best possible way. Especially with The Pitt add-on in 3. Having several hundred thousand rounds of ammunition for my favourite gun because of the sheer quantity of rounds I'd gathered over the course of the game and straight up refused to sell out of principle; just embarrassing really. xD

I'm also ridiculously organised about my goods. This chest is for projectile weapons, this one for melee weapons, this is for clothes, this is for armour, this is for food, this is for medicine, this is for crafting ingredients, this is for food ingredients etc. etc. In any and every game that has a storage option, I will spend way more time than is healthy organising that box.

escobert
11-03-2013, 04:33 PM
I too spend far too much time organizing my inventory and storage boxes in games.

In GW2 you are given 1 bank window to start with. I now have 4 and they're almost full. Ia lso carry around 45/105 of my inventory slots full at all times :(

Shaibana
11-04-2013, 06:28 PM
i am not a trophy hunter, but i will go back half a map for that bit of ammo i forgot to take and i always make sure that my inventory is neadly organised.
my OCD nerves are really starting to tingle now that i dont know hot to organise my backpack in Pokemon Yellow (on pc)

in games like The Last of Us i would search every corner of every room for stuff.
besides that i play games for the story

Raistlin
11-05-2013, 11:39 PM
I like to have all the major items, but I'm not an OCD completionist. I don't have to have everything, but I generally do have to explore everything. In FFXII, for example, I spent a lot of time exploring every new area and finding all the chests and discovering what new creatures were around. But I didn't bother with getting some of the best weapons, which required a bit of repetitive grinding.

Shaibana
11-06-2013, 01:09 PM
I like to have all the major items, but I'm not an OCD completionist. I don't have to have everything, but I generally do have to explore everything. In FFXII, for example, I spent a lot of time exploring every new area and finding all the chests and discovering what new creatures were around. But I didn't bother with getting some of the best weapons, which required a bit of repetitive grinding.

i have no patience at all in FF to explore everything, mostly becaus of all those creatures that are in the way.. its like a long walk through the grass in Pokemon, ill just activate some repels!
since the walks in FF from 1 part of the story to the next are already too long, i do not feel like doing some extra exploring at all.