PDA

View Full Version : Awesome deaths in video games

Ultima Shadow
10-29-2013, 03:23 AM
Share your most hilarious deaths in video games stories.:greenie:

My personal favourite one that I can remember was one I also mentioned back in that old Skyrim thread. Basically... I had an epic battle against a gang of bandits. After killing most of the gang with arrows and magic, I have a melee-showdown with the bandit leader. We are both at very low health, the next hit that connects will kill - either me or him. That's when I notice a MUDCRAB aproaching the bandit leader from behind. And right before the bandit leader is about to attack, it kills him.

...and I go: "ok, I took down the whole gang, so I'll just kill this little crab in one hit and be on my way..." the crab takes one hit, survives it, hits me back and kills me.

Quindiana Jones
10-29-2013, 07:27 AM
Waterwheel. :mad2:

Psychotic
10-29-2013, 08:22 AM
Ha, that reminds me of this video: Triumphant Mud Crab - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqaFGemOxW0)

Iceglow and I were playing GTA online and I had the idea to go right up Mount Chiliad, and then we can jump off the peak and do a sweet parachute jump down the mountain and into the valley. It took us a long time to get there, and a long time to drive all the way up, but we did it. And then right as the jump came, Steve, the big goon, jumps off a rock, falls maybe 15 feet to a ledge beneath him, and dies before he ever had a chance to open the parachute. That's my boy. :) (my parachute jump was fucking awesome in case you care)

Jowy
10-29-2013, 08:29 AM
Waterwheel. :mad2:

the fires from hell didn't boil as hot as my blood when that happened.

Quindiana Jones
10-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Speaking of GTA:O, I decided to tail someone in a helicopter with my own helicopter. I followed them for about half an hour before they finally stopped in the middle of the city, hovering in place. I decided to get up right above them, as I planned to bail out the chopper and parachute away badassily as his helicopter was bombed by my own. It would have been magnificent.

Unfortunately, I am a banana, and forgot to account for the time it takes for your character to stop falling and start parachuting. I jumped out of my chopper, and started wailing on the button to release the parachute. Nothing happened. I fell into his helicopter blades and was propelled at about a billion miles per hour into a nearby skyscraper. The guy probably had no idea how the hell I managed to fall onto his helicopter. xD

Then mine hit him. :radred:

Pete for President
10-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Does anyone remember the still screens with the poems after dying in Tenchu 2? That feel :cry:

Old Manus
10-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Every death in Resident Evil 4

UHUHUUUUUUUU~

Grim Reaper
10-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Ha, that reminds me of this video: Triumphant Mud Crab - YouTube

Iceglow and I were playing GTA online and I had the idea to go right up Mount Chiliad, and then we can jump off the peak and do a sweet parachute jump down the mountain and into the valley. It took us a long time to get there, and a long time to drive all the way up, but we did it. And then right as the jump came, Steve, the big goon, jumps off a rock, falls maybe 15 feet to a ledge beneath him, and dies before he ever had a chance to open the parachute. That's my boy. (my parachute jump was smurfing awesome in case you care)

Speak friend and enter.

Does anyone remember the still screens with the poems after dying in Tenchu 2? That feel

We could use some of your type.

UHUHUUUUUUUU~

Bless you.

I Took the Red Pill
10-29-2013, 06:53 PM
You can spawn a helicopter with a cheat in GTAV, so you can get above any point you wish pretty easily. Trevor also conveniently has an ability that allows him to become invincible for a few seconds by clicking in both the left and right stick. So with this combination you can freefall from the smurfing clouds, activate the special ability at the last second, and survive the fall. This leads to some hilarious incidents, as the citizens of Los Santos watch a man fall from thousands of feet up onto the pavement, brush himself off, and go about his business.

One time, however, I was out in bumsmurf Los Santos, trying to miraculously land in the back of a pickup truck that I'd left idling in the dirt road. I smurfed it up, of course, and managed to land exactly on the train tracks. Poor old Trevor barely had two seconds to stand up before THWACK, nailed by an oncoming train and dead instantly.

Sephex
10-29-2013, 07:15 PM

UHUHUUUUUUUU~

That grunt inspired me to make this video:

1syEgykMyYM

Grim Reaper
10-29-2013, 10:29 PM
You can spawn a helicopter with a cheat in GTAV, so you can get above any point you wish pretty easily. Trevor also conveniently has an ability that allows him to become invincible for a few seconds by clicking in both the left and right stick. So with this combination you can freefall from the smurfing clouds, activate the special ability at the last second, and survive the fall. This leads to some hilarious incidents, as the citizens of Los Santos watch a man fall from thousands of feet up onto the pavement, brush himself off, and go about his business.

One time, however, I was out in bumsmurf Los Santos, trying to miraculously land in the back of a pickup truck that I'd left idling in the dirt road. I smurfed it up, of course, and managed to land exactly on the train tracks. Poor old Trevor barely had two seconds to stand up before THWACK, nailed by an oncoming train and dead instantly.

Gotcha.

Ayen
10-30-2013, 06:02 PM
After winning a duel on Dark Souls I neglected to turn the camera as I turned around and ran right off a ledge.

Jinx
10-31-2013, 03:15 PM
Aeris' death, if only because it meant she was no longer in the game.

Cosmiccandy
11-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Years ago while playing GTA San Andreas I realized you could save yourself from falls of ridiculous height so long as you were in a vehicle, even a push bike. So naturally I jumped off the tallest building in the game with a push bike and survived without so much as a scratch.

But I wasn't satisfied so for my next daring maneouveur I attempted to jump off the building, spawn a monster truck in mid-air using a cheat code and attempt to climb into it saving myself before I hit the ground and died. I looked around desperately for it, but I couldn't see it and I died. I then said aloud "Where did it g-" and before I could finish the sentence, the monster truck abruptly landed on my dead body. I dont know why, but I literally laughed for a solid minute afterwards until my muscles started to ache. I dunno, other people don't think it was that funny when I tell them about it but that was my personal "most awesome death".

Does anyone remember the still screens with the poems after dying in Tenchu 2? That feel :cry:

"The moon will not brighten this long night."

My god the Tenchu series is criminally underrated.

Del Murder
11-04-2013, 03:22 AM
Hamlet in Illusion of Gaia.

Vermachtnis
11-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Ultima Online + Beetles + Poor Taming Skill = Shenanigans
My best memory from that was there was some guy in the mine with me and he said, "You got killed by purple donkey!" Cause it turns out, he hadn't patched yet and the beetles looked like Purple Llamas...or donkeys.