PDA

View Full Version : [LR] Lightning Returns: Endangering Species since 2013

Freya
10-30-2013, 07:12 AM
In Lightning Returns there are only a limited number of humans. No new babies are being born! It's a terrible problem. There also aren't any new creatures being born either. What does this mean? There are only a limited amount of creatures in a species. Yes. You can wipe out an entire species.

48204In Lightning returns there will only be so many of each creature. Once you defeat near all of them, when there is only one left it's referred to as the Last One. The Last One will be extraordinarily powerful and hard to defeat. Once you do, the species will be eradicated. They actually become extinct.

Of course Square Enix made sure to inform us (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/fang%E2%80%99s-back-lightning-returns-ffxiii) that not every species will fall victim to your monster poaching skills.

Are you going to go on a vicious hunt to eradicate all lifeforms? What do you think about this addition?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-30-2013, 07:39 AM
I kind of like the idea that a species can be exterminated. It brings a more realistic approach to random battles. I remember in older games when I would grind and think "could there really be a never ending amount of imps in this forest?". Than again, I appreciate those fantasy aspects of it so it's not a complaint.

Maybe there will be some sort of goal in extermination. Kind of like how in Final Fantasy X, you could try to get 10 of every creature for the battle arena.

Del Murder
10-30-2013, 09:06 AM
I would feel bad for making it extinct, unless it's undead or some kind of demon spawn

Elskidor
10-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Sounds like an interesting concept. Guess time will tell.

Jinx
10-30-2013, 04:50 PM
I would kill all the species.

NeoCracker
10-30-2013, 06:34 PM
I would kill all the species.

The game needs an in-world version of PETA that will attack you and dump buckets of animal blood on you.

LadyJuxtaposition
10-30-2013, 07:48 PM
The first thing that came across my mind is Lightning is God since she can decide which species to eliminate or will get a second chance. If there are undead and zombies in the game, I hope they are extinct first before anyone else.

Jessweeee♪
10-31-2013, 04:43 AM
Neon pink skeleton guy whoa.

Also I think this might be really neat o:

Vermachtnis
10-31-2013, 05:06 AM
Yes. I am going to kill everything, everywhere. For all time.

Skyblade
11-02-2013, 07:10 PM
But since you supposedly get some time manipulation to forestall/rewind the ever-ticking clock, could you wind back time and find the species alive again?

Also, if there are only a limited number of monsters, this game had better do away with random drops. There's no way I'm going to save reset endlessly for each monster just so that I can pick up a rare drop from each one I killed.

Silent Warrior
11-08-2013, 05:54 PM
NeoCracker: I like you.

On topic: Huh. This is a very interesting feature. I don't think it'll 'make' the game, but it's definitely a nice touch. Good on 'em.