PDA

View Full Version : Misinterpretations

Ayen
10-31-2013, 11:51 AM
Have you ever grossly misinterpret something in any Final Fantasy game you've played? When I first played Final Fantasy VII because Tifa was like a mother to Marlene I thought she was her mother and that she was married to Barret and that was why Barret and Cloud didn't get on so well. Because Cloud and Tifa had the whole childhood upbringing and you could tell there was some feelings there. Turns out the I was so far off the mark I didn't even hit the target. I kinda wish that was the case though because looking back that could have been an interesting little side story. Now that I have said that I'm probably going to start seeing some TifaxBarret things now and if that wasn't a thing before and becomes a thing now because of this then I'm not sorry.

Bolivar
10-31-2013, 10:28 PM
Inb4 kuja dude looks like a lady

Slothy
11-06-2013, 01:36 AM
Inb4 kuja dude looks like a lady

My god this. Is there anyone alive who thought he was actually a dude when he first shows up?

I didn't make the same misinterpretation as you ToriJ but I was terribly confused by the whole thing with Marlene and Tifa and Barret at the start. So this guy has a daughter, but he's clearly black and she's not. And is there something going on between Tifa and Barret or not? Is the girl her kid and he's a step father? Is she adopted? Is she just some orphan kid he's taking are of who calls him dad? I don't think I jumped to any conclusions right away, but I felt the beginning was a bid vague on some things. Mind you, it explains it all eventually, but I'm not sure that Marlene being Barret's adopted daughter was the sort of thing they needed to be vague on. Although I can see not drawing attention to it either. It just left me confused a bit until all of their relationships became clearer.

Mercen-X
11-06-2013, 04:36 AM
So... quadrangle... Tifa is married to Barret but still has feelings for Cloud. Cloud starts dating Aerith but still has feelings for Tifa. Cloud and Barret despise each other due their connections to Tifa and Tifa despises Aerith due to her connection to Cloud. Cloud and Barret are forced to acknowledge a grudging respect for each other while Tifa fights to maintain her dislike of Aerith despite how lovely and enthusiastic a person she is. Of course, the only part of that not to occur in the game as we know it would be Cloud and Barret jealous over Tifa. Did anyone else go cross-eyed reading this?