PDA

View Full Version : EoFF's Top Games of the Generation

Shauna
11-01-2013, 01:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OfS3wRI.png
Disregard 3DS/PS Vita in image, I apologise for this oversight. xD

Console Generation Seven.

It has been a long ride since its beginnings in 2005, but in a few short weeks the eighth generation will be picking up steam with the release of the PS4 and the Xbox One. It is an exciting time for us as video game enthusiasts – it has been almost ten years since we last saw the whole industry shift forward like this. Despite this, we should take a moment to look back and appreciate what this generation has given us before we get too caught up in what is to come.

The past decade has brought a lot to the video game industry, such as the introduction of Blu-Ray and the, uh, failure of the HD-DVD; and the "popularisation" of motion controls. But, more important than any technological innovations are the games themselves, right? This generation has seen the rise of indie games, the release of more first person shooters than you can shake a stick at, and many games heralded as “The Best Game This Year/Generation/EVER”.

This leads us to the topic at hand. We, the members of Eyes on Final Fantasy, will be putting together our own list of games that we consider to be the Greatest Games to come out in the past generation. This includes games released on PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS, PSP and any PC games to come out since November 2005 (so to not exclude the PC Master Race :love: ).

On to the important part!

All you need to do to take part is to submit a list of up to 10 games - games you feel are fantastic or games you feel would deserve a spot on a list of the “Top Games of the Seventh Generation”, even if they weren’t the greatest. If you want to include a few sentences as to why you think it deserves a spot on the list, feel free to do so! Once you have your 10 games, PM the list to me (http://home.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=15366). Nominations will stay open for two weeks.

The more nominations we have for this, the easier it will be to rank them. So submit your titles and tell your best EoFF friends to do the same! Happy Nominating, and enjoy reliving the greats of the past decade. :)

Spuuky
11-01-2013, 09:05 PM
I should learn to read. I'll give you a list.

Shauna
11-03-2013, 08:24 PM
:thumb:

Jessweeee♪
11-03-2013, 10:05 PM
I did it :spin:

Del Murder
11-04-2013, 03:33 AM
I will do this soon.

Aulayna
11-04-2013, 11:12 AM
I sent my noms but now I'm having second thoughts about them xD

Shauna
11-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Hmm, I dunno if I will be allowing amendments... xD

Loony BoB
11-04-2013, 04:59 PM
HARDBALL SHAUNA.

Del Murder
11-05-2013, 05:07 AM
Hate to be a butt but is 3DS considered this generation? I ask because it's pictured in the banner image.

Shauna
11-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Oh. I thought that was a regular DS when I found the image. ._. I will, uh, get that image shifted.

3DS, I consider to be 8th gen. xD

EDIT: Could not find a nice image. I will just make a point of clarification in the OP.

Bolivar
11-05-2013, 06:19 PM
There's also a PS Vita! But in all fairness no one really cares what it or the PSP look like (except me, it was the GOAT!)

Shauna
11-05-2013, 06:21 PM
I also thought that was a PSP. xD Whoops. I know what a PSP looks like, but I can't picture a Vita so much. Do they look similar?

Slothy
11-05-2013, 06:41 PM
I also thought that was a PSP. xD Whoops. I know what a PSP looks like, but I can't picture a Vita so much. Do they look similar?

More than you'd think actually. Slightly more rounded body shape, two slightly raised analog sticks, and a touch pad on the back, but considering none of that is very clear in the picture you have in the OP you might be for given for not realizing it at a quick glance.

Psychotic
11-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Sent mine in. It was a bit tricky... the Assassin's Creed series had to miss out!

Bolivar
11-06-2013, 03:01 PM

Pretty much, I could only tell cause there's a stick instead of a nub.

Shauna
11-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Oh well. Enough about my failings.

Come on nerds, get submitting. The less I have to hassle y'all by PM this weekend the better! :p

Bolivar
11-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Predictions: I see lots of mass effect and arkham incoming. Assassins Creed, Uncharted and a Dark/Demons Souls rounding out the top 5.

I think MGS or Fallout will get robbed.

The surprise darling will be a Sakaguchi game!

Slothy
11-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Predictions: I see lots of mass effect and arkham incoming. Assassins Creed, Uncharted and a Dark/Demons Souls rounding out the top 5.

If people vote the same way I did (which they won't) I can safely say only one of those predictions would be correct.

I think MGS or Fallout will get robbed.

I was tempted to put New Vegas on my list, but just couldn't fit it in. I could honestly make arguments for why Fallout 3 and MGS4 at least shouldn't be on the list. Even if I think 3 might find it's way there.

Spuuky
11-06-2013, 07:29 PM
I'll be extremely sad if Fallout 3 is ranked higher than New Vegas. So there's some incentive.

EDIT: And now, I guess since I posted here I can't double post with unrelated thoughts. ANYWAY......

Wow, man, this generation was so long. It's not that noticeable in the console games to me, but there are PC games from "this" generation that feel two generations old now. Of course, PC games probably should be 9 of every 10 games on this list. I didn't select any games on Bolivar's list and I don't expect a lot of the games I listed to get any votes other than mine, even though they're mostly pretty well-known games.

Del Murder
11-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Too many games to list. Do I go for my true favorites, which include a lot of popular AAA titles? Or do I include the ones I loved and deserve mention but may not be thought of immediately by most?

Spuuky
11-06-2013, 09:07 PM
I assume (I guess I don't know the intent) that you should list your actual favorites.

Shauna
11-06-2013, 09:14 PM
The generation was indeed pretty extensive, pretty sure it's been the longest console generation ever. I sometimes consider how 2005 doesn't seem that far back, but really it was ages ago.

NeoCracker
11-06-2013, 11:06 PM
I'll submit my list later tonight when I have time to add a couple sentances. :p

Loony BoB
11-07-2013, 04:08 PM
I dunno, Bolivar, I think that there is a lot of Fallout love on these forums.

TrollHunter
11-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Will get my noms in soon.

Shauna
11-07-2013, 04:44 PM
I am hoping that some underdog game, one that people have nominated thinking "Oh, nobody else will nominate this, sadface" will rise to the top.

We shall see. :}

NeoCracker
11-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I have like, three games I really doubt will make it. :p

Slothy
11-07-2013, 06:37 PM
That's like 70 or 80% of my list Shauna. And I really doubt some of the ones I picked are going to rise to the top.

Del Murder
11-07-2013, 08:11 PM
I actually think the list will be dominated by 'underdog' games based on the type of personalities we have here and some odd disincentive to nominate AAA games you love because they are 'too popular'.

But AC2 and ME2 are on my list. God of War 3 had to be cut, though.

Slothy
11-07-2013, 08:42 PM
I'm sure we'll see a lot of underdog games, but I'm not so sure they'll be at the top. I'm even less certain most of the ones I picked will be.

Spuuky
11-07-2013, 08:58 PM
I actually think the list will be dominated by 'underdog' games based on the type of personalities we have here and some odd disincentive to nominate AAA games you love because they are 'too popular'.

But AC2 and ME2 are on my list. God of War 3 had to be cut, though.I didn't pick the AAA games I didn't pick because they weren't good enough, not because they were too popular.

I did, however, consistently lean toward the best game of one genre over the 2nd/3rd/4th best games of other genres, even if the 4th best JRPG games is overall better than the best FPS, or whatever I happened to believe.

theundeadhero
11-07-2013, 11:49 PM
It really is weird remembering that the 360 came out a year before the ps3.

Jessweeee♪
11-08-2013, 04:21 AM
Yeah I voted my favorites rather than what is "objectively" the best so of course there's a mixture of AAA and dark horse titles in my selection :bounce:

Shauna
11-09-2013, 03:26 PM
It has been like two days and no more nominations? For shame guys.

I'll actually need to get proactive and send PMs out. Ugh, I was hoping to not have to do these things! :3 No time today, so tomorrow then.

Slothy
11-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Yeah, you have to harass people around here or no one will send in anything. It's the way it works.

Psychotic
11-09-2013, 04:33 PM
I voted for a bunch of AAA games and don't care about my Indie cred. :cool:

I don't know anyone who would vote for Fallout 3 over New Vegas though. Surely such people do not exist.

Slothy
11-09-2013, 04:39 PM
If they do I'll be happy to fix that mistake.

Shauna
11-09-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm sure there will be some verbal smackdowns.

Slothy
11-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Who said anything about verbal?

Bolivar
11-09-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm hoping we empathize with eachother's perspectives and cultivate an array of diverse, even inconsistent opinions!

Slothy
11-09-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm hoping we empathize with eachother's perspectives and cultivate an array of diverse, even inconsistent opinions!

I'm hoping to compile a hit list. A hit list of silly people with bad opinions.

SirPrizes
11-10-2013, 12:15 AM
Sent mine in! :)

This was actually really hard. There were a lot fewer games I enjoyed this generation than any previous gen. I'm really glad it's almost over, it feels like we've been stuck in this generation for far too long.

Also, a Fallout game did make it on my list.

It was New Vegas.

Night Fury
11-10-2013, 10:29 AM
I only nominated Final Fantasy XIII. It was a truly outstanding game, the best of this generation, by far. :greenie:

Shauna
11-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Thanks to everyone who've sent in their games so far!

I am just writing up a PM to hassle all you non-nominators, so if you get a PM to me in the next hour or so you can avoid one getting sent out to you! :) /last ditch attempt to minimise PM sending

A little fact for the nominations so far: We have 80 unique titles in play so far! How exciting!

Pike
11-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Sent in my nominations.

All but one is a strategy game

Fallout 1 is the best FalloutI actually like the one after that more.

Also an acceptable answer!

Shauna
11-10-2013, 06:09 PM
:up: Thx yo

Freya
11-10-2013, 07:24 PM
There you go!

Gamblet
11-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Sent mine. ;)

Dr Unne
11-10-2013, 08:35 PM
PM spam is effective.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-10-2013, 09:26 PM
I sent mine in a while ago. It was really hard to pick out my nominations simply because I hadn't played all that many games from this generation, and I really haven't finished playing that many games either. I've been playing a lot of older games the past few years. In the end, I just went with whatever immediately stuck out in my mind as those seem to have had a lasting impression on me.

Unfortunately, the one game I for sure wanted on the list (Gravity Rush) is on the Vita and didn't qualify. I know some of my games probably shouldn't qualify to be on the list, but I wasn't going to nominate what I haven't played before.

Shauna
11-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the nominations guys, keep them coming! :) The PM strategy does work, as much as I don't like hassling people. xD

Effectively doubled the number of sets of nominations today with that, and we have 21 games with 3 or more nominations!

Slothy
11-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Effectively doubled the number of sets of nominations today with that

PM's were never that effective with the census.

nirojan
11-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Dat PM blast. Got mine in. Shauna I'd like to add Dark Souls and Arkham City to my list. Stick em in anywhere if you can.

Freya
11-11-2013, 01:43 AM
Mine was pretty varied with the different consoles I think.

Mirage
11-11-2013, 02:45 AM
Can I nominate HD ports from the previous gen?

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
11-11-2013, 03:25 AM
My #1 Game of the 7th Generation is the game most American gamers are EXTREMELY reluctant to play for the fear of getting told, "Dude, you got your ass kicked by a little girl!"

Shauna
11-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Dat PM blast. Got mine in. Shauna I'd like to add Dark Souls and Arkham City to my list. Stick em in anywhere if you can.

Sorry man, you already got your 10 nominations! :p

Can I nominate HD ports from the previous gen?

Yep. :3

Pete for President
11-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Apologies! I'm in Indonesia! Internet is scarce! I didn't read the rules! Maybe I'm too late!

But please for the love of god nominate DARK SOULS.

And Deus Ex:HR and Journey.

Depression Moon
11-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Do HD re-releases count? Edit: I should read the posts on the last page before I ask questions.

Ayen
11-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Done. Frustrated that one game I would have nominated is outside the cut-off point by one month.

Spooniest
11-11-2013, 03:31 PM
I actually have nothing to add to this because I haven't familiarized myself with any modern games whatsoever...

Just so you know, Ms. Shauna

Shauna
11-11-2013, 04:54 PM
A quick check during work hours, and another 6 or 7 sets of nominations in! Got some work to do when I get home! :p

Thanks to all who've sent in some nominations - and I (sort of) apologise to those I hassled who don't even play video games any more. ;P

LocoColt04
11-12-2013, 01:01 AM
I'm mostly concerned that people will forget about Wii games. Though the system as a whole may have been an overall letdown, I can name two games immediately that would make my list. One is obvious, but the other probably isn't what you'd expect.

Del Murder
11-12-2013, 03:31 AM
I nominated two Wii games!

I can't wait until we get the results. I'd love to see what games are near the top that I haven't yet played but maybe should play.

Freya
11-12-2013, 03:55 AM
I nominated one wii game! And a DS game!

Del Murder
11-12-2013, 05:40 AM
I nominated 2 Wii games, 1 DS game, 2 PSP games, 2 PS3 exclusives, and 3 general console games. I think all of mine are pretty guessable except for the DS game. The PSP might be hard. Hint: one is a remake.

Psychotic
11-12-2013, 08:08 AM
I think all of mine were 360 games :shobon: But you can find most on the PS3 and/or PC too!

Shauna
11-12-2013, 09:38 AM
I'm mostly concerned that people will forget about Wii games. Though the system as a whole may have been an overall letdown, I can name two games immediately that would make my list. One is obvious, but the other probably isn't what you'd expect.

Just had a quick look through the list, and I believe there have been around 15 Wii Titles nominated. Which is pretty much the number of decent Wii games. xD But yeah, no need to worry about the Wii being forgotten, because it certainly hasn't been. :}

Pike
11-12-2013, 10:22 AM
I uh... I nominated ten PC games, almost all of which are PC exclusives :redface:

Spuuky
11-12-2013, 10:37 AM
I uh... I nominated ten PC games, almost all of which are PC exclusives :redface:That's because you aren't a neanderthal. Although I think I picked two games that aren't available on the PC.

Jinx
11-12-2013, 11:48 AM
When do nominations close?

Mo-Nercy
11-12-2013, 01:42 PM

Just had a quick look through the list, and I believe there have been around 15 Wii Titles nominated. Which is pretty much the number of decent Wii games. xD But yeah, no need to worry about the Wii being forgotten, because it certainly hasn't been. :}
I was pretty close to nominating a couple of Wii games, but one of them didn't even see a Western release. I couldn't really justify labeling it a 'top' game because of that.

I had initially tried to spread my nominations out across genres, whilst allowing for some AAA titles. But I ended up putting 2 (maybe 3) puzzle games on there. :p

Shauna
11-12-2013, 02:03 PM
When do nominations close?

Saturday, probably. :p

NeoCracker
11-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Pft, I nominated TWO Wii games. :smug:

One of them recently became not exclusive though. :p

nirojan
11-13-2013, 01:43 AM
I got a PC game, 4 PS3 exclusives, 2 XB360 exclusives, 1 PSP game and 2 Multiplatform titles.

Madonna
11-13-2013, 08:37 AM

Shauna's likable.

I can only hope some of my favorites were all of your favorites too, guys.

Slothy
11-14-2013, 03:17 AM

Shauna's likable.

:colbert:

Spooniest
11-14-2013, 06:10 AM
I will say Skyward Sword just to promote Zelda

edczxcvbnm
11-14-2013, 09:53 PM
I picked at least one game where I am sure I am the only one that nominated it. It was an XBox exclusive that you can no longer play at all. I had a ton of fun with it.

Most of my games are available on multiple systems and a couple of PC exclusives. When I look at my video game collection from the days of NES-PS2, 90 % of the games I own are available for just 1 system. When I look at my 360 collection, I see mostly multiplatform games. It isn't so much that my tastes have changed so much that publishers are forcing all games to go to all systems by and large now. I also am not a fan of Sony's in house dev teams or Naught Dogs. I just don't find their games appealing.

Can we also nominate the worst games of the generation? That sounds like a list that would be much better to reminisce about. I love to rent that shitty trashy game. How can you go wrong with gold like Resident Evil 6 or Ride to Hell Retribution?

Shauna
11-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Can we also nominate the worst games of the generation? That sounds like a list that would be much better to reminisce about. I love to rent that shitty trashy game. How can you go wrong with gold like Resident Evil 6 or Ride to Hell Retribution?

Top Games of Generation Seven you Love but Really Really Shouldn't What is Wrong with you?

edczxcvbnm
11-14-2013, 10:31 PM
No, I don't love those games. Those games are terrible. Ride to Hell is funny bad but I wouldn't put it on my games I love but shouldn't list. That is reserved for games I actually like for some unknown reason are games like CoD: MW2. I want the vile hate thread of hatred =D

Shauna
11-14-2013, 10:34 PM
I'll do another one for "W-orst Games of the Generation"

loljk can't be bothered

EDIT: wat censor. Now your post makes more sense to me. xD

Bolivar
11-15-2013, 01:38 AM
I think my list was pretty evenly split between multiplats, PC and PS3 exclusives, with one DS title rounding it out for good measure. The PSP was maybe my favorite platform, with most of my favorite games in my favorite genre (JRPGs) but for shine reason I didn't put any on my list.

Mahad
11-15-2013, 05:40 AM
I was quite surprised when I saw this in my inbox.

I'll actually need to get proactive and send PMs out. Ugh, I was hoping to not have to do these things! :3 No time today, so tomorrow then.

I would have missed this completely if you hadn't sent it. So it works.

I don't know anyone who would vote for Fallout 3 over New Vegas though. Surely such people do not exist.

Here be one of them, ha. You'll be surprised what I'll be putting up.

Anyways, if there is still time, I'll be sending mine soon, may be not today but as soon as I have the time to come up with a proper list.

Shauna
11-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Get them in soon! Can't be leaving the nominations open for too long, got a lot of hard work once I have them all in. xD I'm gonna be busy until Sunday-ish so the nominations will probably be shutting down then. :3

Shauna
11-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Nominations close tomorrow evening! Probably around 8pm GMT.

I will take this time to thank all who have nominated, and put all their names in list form so everyone who hasn't can be frowned upon. SO yes, thanks to all you guys!

Aulayna
Bolivar
Calliope
Del Murder
Depression Moon
DMKA
Dr Unne
edczxcvbnm
Edge7
Elskidor
Flying Mullet
Freya
Gamblet
Gu-fu-fu
Happy Noodle Boy
I Don't Need A Name
Jessweeee♪
Jinx
Laddy
Lamia
LFC
Locky
Lone Wolf Leonhart
Loony BoB
Madonna
Mercen-X
Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
Mirage
Mister Adequate
Mo-Nercy
Mr. Shauna
NeoCracker
nirojan
o_O
Pete for President
Pike
Psychotic
Rocket Edge
Scotty_ffgamer
Shaibana
Shauna
Sir Lancealot
SirPrizes
Spooniest
Spuuky
The Last Oath
ToriJ
Vivi22

Mahad
11-16-2013, 09:29 PM
I will take this time to thank all who have nominated, and put all their names in list form so everyone who hasn't can be frowned upon.

Hey hey, I got mine in. I shall receive no frowning today!

Shauna
11-16-2013, 09:51 PM
:up:

Freya
11-16-2013, 10:10 PM
I'm impressed by the turnout! Nice job guys.

Slothy
11-16-2013, 11:03 PM
And as usual, Shlup has failed to vote in a forum event. Let's all make fun of her.

Del Murder
11-17-2013, 12:24 AM
I wonder how many nominations RSL will get.

Shauna
11-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Tick tock, nerds - time is almost up! Only a few hours left!

Gamblet
11-17-2013, 05:45 PM
You hurt my feelings. :cry:

Mahad
11-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Writing up that list it made me think of all the games I wanted to play and never had the time to get to them. How about you do something like this for those games? "Top Ten Games EOFF Never Got To Play" I think it'll be interesting to see what members missed from this past generation.

Shauna
11-17-2013, 07:20 PM
I think that may do better as just a general discussion thread, tbh. x3

Also I won't be running a large scale thing like this for a little bit! If you want to do something like that, you certainly can!

Shauna
11-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Nominations are closed! Thanks again to everyone!

I'll be back with a reveal of our Top Games as soon as everything is sorted! Feel free to discuss what games you think will be in our list!

Jinx
11-17-2013, 08:17 PM
I think Final Fantasy XIII took the top spot.

Del Murder
11-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Or was second to FFXIII-2.

My real guess for the top spot is Dark Souls. People here really loved that game. The thread was like a million pages long.

I am also going to guess that 6 of my top 10 made the top 20.

Mahad
11-17-2013, 08:46 PM
I think that may do better as just a general discussion thread, tbh. x3

Also I won't be running a large scale thing like this for a little bit! If you want to do something like that, you certainly can!

i'm too lazy, lol.

looking forward to the results. i think at least 3 of the games I put up could end up in the top ten. and i don't think ff13 will be in top 5.

Mirage
11-17-2013, 11:31 PM

My real guess for the top spot is Dark Souls. People here really loved that game. The thread was like a million pages long.

a million pages with mainly three different posters

Bolivar
11-18-2013, 05:06 AM
Super thanks Shauna!

Loony BoB
11-18-2013, 12:10 PM
:excited:

Jinx
11-18-2013, 01:01 PM
GOSH SHAUNA REVEAL THE GAMES ALREADY

Spooniest
11-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Top game of My Generation is Final Fantasy [insert entry].

Pete for President
11-18-2013, 03:55 PM

a million pages with mainly three different posters

Untruth be spoken! Dark Souls showed many of us the true path, and new souls are gathered every day! Praise the sun for Dark Souls shall be victorious! Muhaha!

Shauna
11-18-2013, 06:07 PM
GOSH SHAUNA REVEAL THE GAMES ALREADY

Maybe later.

Madonna
11-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Praise the Sun!

Psychotic
11-19-2013, 06:05 PM
where is crash bandicoot placed

Shauna
11-19-2013, 06:08 PM
I don't want to reveal too much, but it could be said that Crash Bandicoot is top tier.

Ayen
11-21-2013, 12:12 AM
There was a Crash Bandicoot game this generation that didn't suck?

Shauna
11-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Just a heads up to y'all:

It has become necessary for me to reapply for my job, which requires some time and effort on my part. So, I will be dealing with that first and foremost - getting this sorted out will take a little bit longer. If anyone wants to offer to give me a hand to write up a few paragraphs about each of the Top games, we'll get this done a little bit faster. :3

Ayen
11-21-2013, 03:12 PM

It has become necessary for me to reapply for my job, which requires some time and effort on my part. So, I will be dealing with that first and foremost - getting this sorted out will take a little bit longer. If anyone wants to offer to give me a hand to write up a few paragraphs about each of the Top games, we'll get this done a little bit faster. :3

I'm game. Talking in great lengths about video games is sorta my thing.

SirPrizes
11-21-2013, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't mind helping out either :)

Slothy
11-21-2013, 04:04 PM

I'll be getting more of my write ups to you soon.

Del Murder
11-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Hopefully these write-ups focus on the merits of each game and not on 'how stupid we are for putting in the top 20 because [writer] didn't vote for it'.

Shauna
11-21-2013, 04:32 PM
I will definitely be looking for the merits of each game over anything else. The writer may not agree that the game is any good, but I would be looking for reasons that the game deserves to be on the list (along with any other opinions).

Mirage
11-21-2013, 05:07 PM
I trust in your ability to be as unbiased as can be expected! From what I know about you, though, even if you were biased, it would probably be in a direction that I wouldn't recognize as biased anyway :p

Ayen
11-21-2013, 05:08 PM
That wouldn't be a problem for me, unless I know jack about the game to begin with.

Madame Adequate
11-21-2013, 05:17 PM
I can do that, Shauna.

Spuuky
11-21-2013, 05:19 PM
I volunteer to do a write up about how Del Murder is stupid and awful for not including this game on his list. I will do this for any game, up to and including games that he did actually include.

Slothy
11-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Hopefully these write-ups focus on the merits of each game and not on 'how stupid we are for putting in the top 20 because [writer] didn't vote for it'.

Where's the fun in not having a variety of opinions?

Shauna
11-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Ugh so many volunteers. xD I don't want to reveal the titles to too many individuals. If you want to help out send me a PM and I'll send a few titles your way when I get home from working hard. :3

I am happy to have dissenting opinions too, but first and foremost I'd need kind words. :p I don't want a Top Games that doesn't have positive words to balance the negative. x} So yes, focus on the merits of the game - but not erase the negative aspects people see.

Madonna
11-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Just ask people to write-up their nominations and watch them rage when none of their nominations make it.

Pike
11-21-2013, 06:59 PM
That wouldn't be a problem for me, unless I know jack about the game to begin with.

Same!

Edit: Okay you got a bunch of volunteers that I didn't see, so if you don't need me that's fine too :p

Del Murder
11-21-2013, 07:27 PM
I am happy to have dissenting opinions too, but first and foremost I'd need kind words. :p I don't want a Top Games that doesn't have positive words to balance the negative. x} So yes, focus on the merits of the game - but not erase the negative aspects people see.
Yep, that was what I was getting at. Feel free to call me stupid for the games I picked. It's not for me that I requested it to be that way. It just doesn't look good from an outsider's perspective to have a lot of negativity on a 'top 20' list, even if it is satirical or sarcastic.

Shauna
11-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Thanks a bunch to everyone who's offered to help so far! This will make everything run a little bit smoother, and I might even be able to start announcing games this weekend! (No promises)

Aulayna
11-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Shauna.

I don't mean to make your lifer harder, but, I volunteer.

Madame Adequate
11-22-2013, 12:20 AM
If I'd been given Oblivion, Final Fantasy IX, and League of Legends I'd still have written positively about them. That's the point of a list like this. There's no sense volunteering if you think you're going to get a bunch of games you can't say good things about, because clearly a list like this is going to be about the positives and why people like given games!

Okay, not Oblivion. I can forgive most games their flaws but not that one. Never that one.

Slothy
11-22-2013, 01:46 AM
Nothing wrong with some dissent so long as it isn't too biting MILF.

Loony BoB
11-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Oh, for the love of God, Shauna, please give MILF FFIX. I want to see him praise it just for the lols.

Slothy
11-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Sadly that seems unlikely given FFIX is from two generations ago. But if we're going to do it just to troll him let's give him FFT as well.

Jinx
11-23-2013, 12:30 AM

Shauna
11-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Just to keep you updated: If all goes smoothly, I expect to get the big reveal up in the next couple of days. :} Sorry for delays!

Gamblet
11-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Look guys, it rhymes!

Shauna
11-26-2013, 04:09 PM
That's how you know it's legit.

Shauna
11-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Ugh. Minor setback in that I lost that Word document I had all the blurbs and stuff in. Shouldn't take me too long to get everything back together. Gives those people I'm waiting for stuff back from more time, at least! :p

KentaRawr!
11-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Can we still submit nominations? I just came out of cryo sleep.

Shauna
11-29-2013, 06:51 PM
*cough* http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/152951-eyes-final-fantasys-top-games-generation-revelations.html *cough*

KentaRawr!
11-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Nevermind! :laughing:

Christmas
01-14-2023, 01:31 PM
10 years later, are we still doing this!? :bigsmile:

Shauna
01-14-2023, 01:46 PM
no the best game of last gen was nier automata i will be taking no questions or objections