PDA

View Full Version : Music based on/inspired by/using samples from Final Fantasy

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-02-2013, 07:12 AM
Do you like any fan made Final Fantasy music? Whether it's guitar covers, samples in hip hop, or lyrical content, there is plenty of Final Fantasy inspired music.

There's an album I like called Black Materia. It's based on Final Fantasy VII and it's really sick. The lyrics have a lot of references to the game but some are also said in a way that you can relate them to your own life. The music used is generally remixed from the game. I encourage everyone to check this out!

ZvRYtH6D67E

Laddy
11-03-2013, 02:49 AM
It's not sampling, but the indie folk band Fleet Foxes directly stated Final Fantasy as inspiration for their music.

Jiro
11-03-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm actually a big fan of the White Materia album 'cause I can't resist the mashup with well known songs :aimsun:

Slothy
11-06-2013, 01:31 AM
I can't even begin to list the number of awesome songs at OCRemix without failing to list something and taking half a page to list the ones I do remember off the top of my head. Just go to OCRemix and you'll have plenty to keep your ears happy for hours.

Depression Moon
11-06-2013, 09:44 PM
This goes hard.

Final Fantasy 8 Hip Hop Instrumental - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XJHoi6MifA)