PDA

View Full Version : Rate That Song!

Night Fury
11-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Since my covers thread got compared to Haley's Comet, I thought I'd try something a bit different.

We're always posting links to songs in here, but who actually ever clicks them all? Well now you will!

Rules are to rate the above posters chosen song on a scale of 1 to 10 with a little line or two about what you liked/didn't like about it, then link to your own chosen song for the next person to rate. Try to write about something you did like every time, and not absolutely slate the song. It's a lot more fun to try and think of something nice to say about a song you reallllly didn't like!

Also, when you post a song, write a little bit about why you picked it.

1 song per post - try not to let this thread be a ping pong match between two people, and try not to use the same song twice!

My choice is the live version of the song Bad Blood by Bastille. They've consistently been one of my favourite bands this year, and I'm expecting great things from them in the future. This is one of my favourite songs from their album.

6y1aDFV6caQ

Scotty_ffgamer
11-07-2013, 06:11 PM
I'd give the above song a 8/10. That is probably because I'm just not in the mood for that kind of music right now because I honestly can't think of anything I don't like specifically. I do like the vocals a lot.

Anyways, I'm choosing Passionflower by Jon Gomm. My roommate in college showed me this a couple of years ago, and I instantly liked it quite a bit. I find it soothing, and we would always listen to it on particularly bad days to help brighten our spirits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY7GnAq6Znw

Jinx
11-07-2013, 09:54 PM
That song was cool! Not a style I'd really go out of my way to listen to, but the beginning reminded me of stuff I used to meditate to or that would play in the background when I'd go get massages. It made me feel like I was viewing a beautiful dessert sunset.

His vocals remind me of some of the stuff from the mid-late 90s. So that was nice.

Overall, it was really impressive to see what he could do with just a guitar. I thought it went on a little too long, so I'll give it a 6.5/10.

My song is Ran by the little known Allison's Invention. There's no actual video, so sorry for that. :shobon:

DMUadqgu-20

Chris
11-08-2013, 10:11 AM
DMUadqgu-20
Rating: 7/10

I love that song. Her voice is really something else. The song is almost fairytale-like and I love her phrasing. It grabs your attention.

And I love the lyric:

"Hey, little girl, I know those ghosts that aride you. They're bound to catch you in the end."

Here's one of my favorite songs:

Jessie Ware - Wildest Moments - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMJkddvJ4L4)

fire_of_avalon
11-09-2013, 02:11 AM
I like this song. It's romantic without being sappy, it's nostalgic without being gooey. It's sad but it's kind of also... proud a little? Yeah. Lyrically it's a little messy - it doesn't use the proper tenses and most of the ideas are abstract, but that's ok. I would listen to this early in the morning while trying to wake up. In face I might listen to more music by Jessie Ware. I give it a 7/10.

No one here is going to really like my favorite stuff because you're going to think I'm old or a redneck, but I don't care. Here's something soulful and regretful.

eWaCjpf27Kk

Shorty
11-09-2013, 03:13 AM
This dude made me think of a country sort of Jeff Buckley. I wouldn't listen to it unless prompted, but it was nice for what it was. But it was sad! Why did you pick such a sad song, foaface! I give it a 6/10 (don't hate me, it just isn't my style)

Overdrawn by White Sea is my pick.

iNFmPmciSQc

Night Fury
11-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Pretty good, nice music and stuff but not really my type. I do like her voice but it issss a bit samey to a lot of other artists of the genre. Reminds me a lot of Ooh La La by Goldfrapp at the start though. 6.5/10

My choice is Little Mix's Move. I've chosen it simply because I cannot get it out of my head! Also because I love them and two of them are geordies.

RwD4eJGxPc4

Chris
11-09-2013, 09:02 AM
RwD4eJGxPc4
Rating: 7/10

Such a catchy song! It's almost a little '90s nostalgic with the music, but all of those girls can really sing. The song itself is a catchy little number, and at first, it reminded me of Shoosh. Oh by the way, I was also way too busy googling at all of those hot guys in the video.

Emeli Sande - Clown:

0OHX_PA25Ok