PDA

View Full Version : Movie: same location

Shaibana
11-07-2013, 01:20 PM
have you every watched a scene in the movie and thought: i know that place!
Im not talking about big town's like new york but the smaller details.. like a certain back alley, or perhaps just a backyard!

share what you have found!

what i found is that in the later half of Dreamgirls i saw a familiar apartment.
as Effie white goes home after Earl Jones has died she apeares to live in a flat.
and that flat happens to be the same flat where Brad pitt and Morgen Freeman went to visit the serial killer in Se7en, where they got shot.

and Mr. & Mrs. smith live in the same house that got ripped in 2 in Jumanji :3

noxious.sunshine
11-07-2013, 02:43 PM
I recognize voices more than places..

But my dad is the master at recognizing places.. Not necessarily sets that get used elsewhere, but actual scenery and roads and stuff.

He isn't -as- good at as he used to be, but he can at least pinpoint a radius of where a scene in a movie is.

We watched 2 Fast 2 Furious and he recognized the boat yard that Paul Walker & Tyrese raced to... It was a Sea Ray Boat dealership down in Hialeah/Miami and I'd actually been there with him to drop off a load of boats back in the day.

But he drives me nuts sometimes too... We'll be watching a movie and every 5 minutes he'll be like "I've been there" and "Me and your mom's been there" and go into where it is and what they were hauling and stuff.

Shorty
11-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Dante's Peak was filmed here in the Coeur d'Alene area. They digitally created some of the mountain, or so I heard, to make it look bigger, but the base of the mountain and some places filmed in town here are recognizable.

Miriel
11-07-2013, 07:45 PM
A scene from Back to the Future was shot at my local mall. I don't remember if I actually noticed it myself, or if someone told me that was the case. The warehouse shootout scene in Mr. & Mrs. Smith took place at what used to be the local Costco. But that one, everyone and their moms knew Brad Pitt was in town and people were driving over to watch them film so I was actively looking out for it when I watched the movie. I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

Aside from that, I lived in Los Angeles and now I live near San Francisco, so I recognize stuff all the time. A lot of the time when you see University settings on TV shows, it's either going to be UCLA or USC. Tons of high school stuff is shot at Torrence High School.

I've visited a lot of the areas in Hawaii where they shot Lost. And I just got back from visiting tons of filming locations in New Zealand for Lord of the Rings. :D

Del Murder
11-07-2013, 08:12 PM
I noticed UCLA locations at UC Sunnydale all the time.

Calliope
11-07-2013, 08:33 PM
I was just going to ask about Sunnydale! You should have taken me there!

Del Murder
11-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Uh...it's like 6 hours from where I live.

Calliope
11-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Fair enough. Here is a relevant link. (http://www.cracked.com/article_20173_6-places-youll-recognize-from-background-every-movie.html)

Shaibana
11-07-2013, 09:15 PM
totaly irelevant but ive been looking a bit around on that site.. ''5 Actors Who Do the Exact Same Thing in Every Movie''
brad pitt does indeed eat in every movie xD