PDA

View Full Version : Fifth Harmony (The X Factor USA girl group)

SuperMillionaire
11-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Fifth Harmony - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_Harmony)

Fifth Harmony - Miss Movin' On LYRICS - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=turA5AmjfpY)

Does anyone here like Fifth Harmony, a girl group formed by Simon Cowell from the second season of The X Factor USA? Their debut single, "Miss Movin' On," is currently topping the charts, and their next single is called "Better Together," the title track of their recent debut EP. Let me tell you: this brings back memories of the various girl groups of the 1990s.

The group, which consists of members Ally Brooke, Normani Kordei, Dinah Jane Hansen, Camila Cabello, and Lauren Jauregui, was originally called "LYLAS," an acronym for "Love You Like A Sister," but after legal objections made by another girl group named "The Lylas," which consists of four sisters apparently related to singer Bruno Mars, they were forced to change it. Initially, they changed the name to "1432," which apparently symbolized "I Love You Too" (I don't really get the connection, though), but Simon Cowell disapproved of that name, and suggested that they change it again, deciding that the voting public should give them their new name by submitting suggestions online. In the end, when all the votes were tallied, the final result suggested the name "Fifth Harmony," and thus, the group finally settled on that name. The group ultimately finished in 3rd place at the finale, behind Tate Stevens and Carly Rose Sonenclar.

Their EP, entitled Better Together, was released on October 22, 2013. They will also be one of three opening acts on Demi Lovato's 2014 Neon Lights Tour, with the other two being Cher Lloyd and fellow girl group Little Mix, both of which originated from the UK version of The X Factor.

Mirage
11-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Why is this the only thread made by you without links to relevant media?

Denmark
11-07-2013, 05:25 PM
do you like them? try provoking discussion, not just saying facts.

i've only just heard of them by reading this thread.

Night Fury
11-08-2013, 09:18 AM
I like Fifth Harmony, they're good singers but I don't think they gel as much as Little Mix.

I get a more 90's vibe from LM too. I'm not that impressed by Miss Movin On.

noxious.sunshine
11-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Groups in general just aren't the same as back in the 90s.

Sorry folks, there will never be another boy or girl group as epic as Backstreet Boys or Spice Girls were.

Mirage
11-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Internet and social media has made it too difficult for companies to dictate what people are supposed to like and listen to, that's why the groups don't become as "epic" as they did before. Artists rise and fall way faster these days than they did before, for better and for worse.

SuperMillionaire
11-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Why is this the only thread made by you without links to relevant media?

I just added links to their Wikipedia article and a YouTube lyrics video for "Miss Movin' On."