PDA

View Full Version : Free DLC or demos you've enjoyed

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-08-2013, 10:19 PM
I have Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and I just saw the other day that the Blade Wolf and Jetstream Sam DLC are now free! I'm downloading them as I type this. I bought and beat this game a few months back so I'm looking forward to putting in the game again and playing these side stories.

Also looking around my Xbox dashboard I saw that Telltale Games (the creator of last years Walking Dead game) have put up chapter 1 of their new game The Wolf Among Us for free.

This is what I love about demos and free trials. You can get a taste of a game you may be on the fence about without having to even so much as rent it.

Back when the new Tomb Raider came out I received a bunch of free DLC. I bought the Walmart version which came with a Guerrilla Outfit, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light game, and the Shanty Town multiplayer map. I also have the limited edition strategy guide which gave you codes for characters you could use in multiplayer.

On top of that the Tomb Raider Facebook was giving out codes for a while. I was able to get a free TR shirt for my avatar and a background theme for my Xbox.

Buying Hitman: Absolution at Walmart got me a free High Roller Suit and Krugermeier 2-2 Pistol.

Pre-ordering The Last of Us from Gamestop got me the Sights & Sounds Pack as well as the Survival Pack. These include things like the game's soundtrack, PS3 background theme, multiplayer items, a few character skins, stuff like that.

I plan on pre-ordering Lightning Returns so I can get the Cloud outfit and Buster Sword.

Granted pre-order bonuses might only be considered free for a limited time as you have to pre-purchase the games. But it's no extra cost to you.

What kind of special offers, or pre-orders have you enjoyed? What kind of free DLC have you downloaded?

Bolivar
11-09-2013, 03:00 AM
The free multiplayer skins during Halloween and Christmas were great for Uncharted 2.

One of the best things they did in Modern Warfare 3 was bring back Terminal for free.

Right now we're in an amazing age for commercially-produced free-to-play games. The most widely played multiplayer titles right now are Dota 2 and League of Legends, both complex, deep experiences you can completely enjoy without spending a dime.

The best part is that these games are coming to console with the coming generation, both Blacklight and Warframe as PS4 launch titles and Killzone map packs free for the life of the product.