PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Democracy

Del Murder
11-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Oh no!

At the latest EoFF staff convention, somebody set us up the bomb and blowed us all to bits. Now our beloved site and forums are without a staff.

The owners have decreed that the members shall nominate and vote from among themselves for those who would replace us. If you were to elect a new staff from the current EoFF members, who would you nominate and why?

Feel free to choose up to 10 nominees and post them here, with your reasoning if you want. Make sure you include at least 1 nomination each for the Editor, Cid's Knight, Developer, and Administrator positions. Every position needs to be filled!

Don't delay! Every minute that goes by without a new staff is a deeper decent into anarchy.

Freya
11-09-2013, 11:38 AM
:zombie::zombie::zombie: braaaains zombie says don't let freed have any poweeerrrr it'll be the enddddd off eooofffffff :zombie:

Psychotic
11-09-2013, 11:57 AM
I fail to see how this is a negative development.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Wait, what? Who died?

Freya
11-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Staff died. All of us. We're dead. Pick new staff

Slothy
11-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Democracy? Everyone knows democracies with elected representatives inevitably become plutocracies. The only relevant question is, with Del dead, who makes the most money?

noxious.sunshine
11-09-2013, 01:05 PM
I nominate me for Cid's Knight.

It'll be a new age.

I'm just saying.

Jinx
11-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Editor - Probably Ouch! He seems like he'd be really good at reporting news, and a lot of time he's making threads about news before the Editors have gotten around to writing up an article yet.

Cid's Knight - Shauna. She's playful and fun, and I don't know anyone who doesn't like her. But I think she'd be able to be serious and impartial when the situation called for it. Miriel. She's really smart and isn't afraid to argue or tell people to shut up. But she's also really nice! I think people would respect her laying down the law. Pete for President. I can see him as a lower forum mod like WK used to be. I've never seen him be rude or argue with anyone, and I think he could resolve issues competently and quickly without much hassle or back-talk. Sephex. Funny and fun. Well-liked. Never has conflict with other members. The Summoner of Leviathan. He would be our EoEO mod. He takes place in a lot of forum debates, but I've often seen him argue the losing side and playing Devil's Advocate, even if it's not his personal opinion. I think this is important so that he can step in when needs be and not get too upset or personal. He'd be able to regulate EoEO discussions without getting emotional about it, and he'd be able to mod people from his own side who are being twats as well as from the side he opposes.

Developer - You know, I really do think we have our finest working on this site, and I don't know many people who know much about web development, so I'll go ahead and say Denmark. I'm not even being girlfriend-biased, he's just the only other person I know of on this site who has any experience with that sort of thing.

Admin - Calliope. She's honest, fair, and transparent. I don't think she'd have problems inforcing rues, but everyone respects and loves her so much, I think people wouldn't be offended and would be happy to listen when they were acting up. I think she is pretty accepting and has everyone's best interest at heart, so she'd be able to make more of the difficult decisions.

Chat Ops - I know this wasn't on the original list, but I added it. Fujiko. She isn't around on the forum much, but she's in chat pretty frequently. She's sweet and kind, but sometimes she goes mama-hen on people and puts them in their place. She already does what a Chat Ops should do, and I wouldn't mind seeing her have the title and the kick/ban button.

escobert
11-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Me DK and Manus. WE WILL RULE ALL

Spuuky
11-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Cid's Knights - Wyllius
Developer - Wyllius
Editor - Wyllius
Admin - Shlupquack, remember when she was an admin?

Miriel
11-09-2013, 07:05 PM
I see what you're doing here, you lazy butts.

NeoCracker
11-09-2013, 07:13 PM
I say we outsource.

I nominate Al Sharpton.

Sephex
11-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Sephex. Funny and fun. Well-liked. Never has conflict with other members.

Go to hell.

Calliope
11-09-2013, 08:21 PM
This was a hard list to draw up - originally I had wanted it to be comprised entirely of people who have never been on staff, but I couldn't think of enough people to fill all the spots as indicated by current staffing levels, so I added some in. My nominations would change if I could remember specific non-staff to fill those spots (because I presume that former staff are all former for good reason). I'd also shuffle my own nomination depending on if a couple of my CK nominations would be willing to step up. If for some reason you need me to scale down my nominations to ten (given I've listed sixteen), I will, but I just thought it was an interesting exercise to try fill all the roles currently being held.

Admin x 4 – Jiro, Miriel, Sephex, and myself

CK x 5 – Shauna, The Man, Chemical, Quint Eastwood, Jinx

Editor x 5 – krissy, Nicolas, Hypoallergenic Chie, Scotty_ffgamer, Formalhaut

Tech Admin/Developer x 2 (Should be four total) – Spuuky, Denmark

PS - Aww, thanks Sam, that was really sweet of you :)

Poor eoff. Don't worry, we will try our best to revive you from the ashes and honour the memory of our fallen comrades ;_;

Pheesh
11-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Bomb?! Do you have any idea how long it will take to get another girl from the Internet to come live with me!?

I don't think it really matters who's on the ballot either, it's not like elections ever get finished around here anyway.

Pike
11-09-2013, 11:59 PM
What happened to Miriel's Former Staff title? Did she ever have one to begin with or has she always been incognito? Am I losing it?

Cuchulainn
11-10-2013, 12:18 AM
I'd consider it wholly irresponsible if anyone put my name down. Even as a joke it is lacking in all aspects of what I would consider good taste and decency.

I vote for Steve. In every category.

Shiny
11-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Admin - DK
Cid's Knight - Cuchulainn
Editor - Supermillionaire
Chat Op - Cookie

What's the worse that can happen? :shiny:

Jessweeee♪
11-10-2013, 12:34 AM
I second Shiny's list.

Cuchulainn
11-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Admin - DK
Cid's Knight - Cuchulainn
Editor - Supermillionaire
Chat Op - Cookie

What's the worse that can happen? :shiny:

What did I JUST say?

Shiny
11-10-2013, 12:40 AM
Since when do I listen to you?

Cuchulainn
11-10-2013, 12:43 AM
All the time until now. I made you the man you are and you throw it back in my face.

Jinx
11-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Wow. Cuch is the most ineffective CK of all time.

Raistlin
11-10-2013, 01:32 AM
Admin: Leeza
CK: Cuch :cuch: (who would win that battle of wills?)
Dev: Lynx
Editor: DK

Shorty
11-10-2013, 02:10 AM
You want Leeza as an admin with Cuch right below her as a CK? Really?

Freya
11-10-2013, 02:13 AM
I don't think that'd work. At all.

Cuchulainn
11-10-2013, 02:17 AM
xweiQukBM_k

Miriel
11-10-2013, 02:31 AM
What happened to Miriel's Former Staff title? Did she ever have one to begin with or has she always been incognito? Am I losing it?

Never had one! I have *~stars~* instead. The Former Staff title is terribly ugly.

Raistlin
11-10-2013, 04:12 AM

I don't think that'd work. At all.

That would be the point, yes.

Shlup
11-10-2013, 05:34 AM
Admin - Shlupquack, remember when she was an admin?
I still don't know what an admin does.

I see what you're doing here, you lazy butts.
What do you mean "butts"? This is one of your husband's many evil little plans lately.

Slothy
11-10-2013, 05:42 AM

That's the best idea I've ever heard to be honest.

We know.

Del Murder
11-10-2013, 06:36 AM
Evil is subjective.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-10-2013, 07:08 AM
I think we should throw out these ideas of admin and CK and such and live free lives!

None for all!

noxious.sunshine
11-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Total anarchy will ensue and it'll be like....

idk

Shlup
11-10-2013, 09:04 PM

We know.

Quiet, whipper snapper. Didn't stop me from winning Best Admin at least once.

Jinx
11-10-2013, 09:08 PM
An admin goes into the GoT thread and marks all of the spoilers.

Pike
11-10-2013, 09:09 PM
I think we should throw out these ideas of admin and CK and such and live free lives!

None for all!

THIS JUST IN: EoFF descends into anarchy; Peegee returns and calls anyone who wants the staff to come back a "statist".

Jinx
11-10-2013, 09:16 PM
If we're bringing back PG, I vote bringing back Sylvie, because this forum needs some excitement!

Slothy
11-10-2013, 10:52 PM

We know.

How? :Oo:

Madonna
11-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Feel free to choose up to 10 nominees and post them here, with your reasoning if you want. Make sure you include at least 1 nomination each for the Editor, Cid's Knight, Developer, and Administrator positions. Every position needs to be filled!Nooooooo, they blew up the Rectangular Table and all the nice chairs! Noooooooo! Also, I liked the people.

The new hierarchy needs a few good people, and these nominees, I think, could preserve an EoFF atmosphere while not being a clone to keep up the status quo:

Administrators Endless
Pete for President

Developers Relena Peacecraft
Mirage

Knights Jowy
Depression Moon
Rostum
Elskidor

Editors ToriJ
Hypoallergenic Chie

Iceglow
11-10-2013, 11:19 PM
She clearly bribed us with pics of her boobs.

Note: response to Vivi 22.

Slothy
11-10-2013, 11:34 PM
That was my hypothesis as well.

Shlup
11-11-2013, 05:42 AM
An admin goes into the GoT thread and marks all of the spoilers.:flirt:

We know.

How? :Oo:

Oh, I'm sorry, it was three times.

Quindiana Jones
11-11-2013, 06:03 AM
I just want to publicly declare that I am steadfastly unwilling to accept any form of bribery or flattery in exchange for my vote.

Not that I have the time to make any votes anyway. It was my wife's birthday recently, and she has extremely high tastes. I'm just overwhelmed with all the work I'm having to do to bring in some extra money...

Jiro
11-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Admin:
rubah
Spuuky
Flying Mullet

Cid's Knight:
Quin
Jinx
Sephex

Developer:
Marshall Banana
The Man
Mr Shauna

Editor:
Laddy
Mirage
kotora
Shauna

Loony BoB
11-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Am I allowed to play this game, or do I have to remain dead? :( Can I have it in my will that I voted for certain members?

Old Manus
11-11-2013, 04:18 PM
MJN SEIFER and SuperMillionaire duocracy. It would be like two pigeons trying to play Risk.

Sephex
11-11-2013, 04:38 PM
MJN SEIFER and SuperMillionaire duocracy. It would be like two pigeons trying to play Risk.

Eyes on KEEP YOUR GOD DAMNED PANTS PULLED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jinx
11-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Eyes on Republicans and Girls Armpits

Sephex
11-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Eyes on Republicans and Girls Armpits

post pits or gtfo

Shorty
11-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Move along, folks.

Del Murder
11-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Am I allowed to play this game, or do I have to remain dead? :( Can I have it in my will that I voted for certain members?
Yes, because your will probably already has that.

Loony BoB
11-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Screw that 'ten' thing. I'm listing more!

Administrators
Sephex
Quin
Shauna
Leeza

Developers
Flying Mullet
Pete for President
Dr Unne
Marshall Banana

Cid's Knights
Calliope
NorthernChaosGod
Jessweeee♪
The Summoner of Leviathan
Tasura
Nicolas

Editors
Lone Wolf Leonhart
Jiro
DK
Azar (we'd con him back in somehow)

Jiro
11-12-2013, 10:35 AM
You sure like to play fast and loose with the rules, BoB. Maybe you set us up the bomb.

Pike
11-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Administrators
Sephex
Quin
Shauna
Leeza

Goddamn this would be the best EoFF ever.

Loony BoB
11-12-2013, 10:48 AM
I can actually predict a lot of things that would happen with that staff group, and a lot of things that would cause issues etc. but I think it'd work out okay in the end. Would also consider adding in Happy Noodle Boy as he covers a different timezone.

Quindiana Jones
11-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Don't Admins have, like, responsibilities and shit? I think CK is my highest point, haha.

Quindiana Jones
11-12-2013, 02:17 PM
What the piss; I'm Randy Blackburn?!

Elskidor
11-12-2013, 02:45 PM
I don't have a clue what the Editor, Cid's Knight and Developer even do, but I guess it's important. I'm nominating g33ky_g1rl though. She hidden in the broad list of members, and she's only posted like 6 times in the last 10 years so I think this would be good opportunity to come out of her shell and live a letter. It may also help with spelling and writing in generel, for I've also noticed she gets her numbers and letter mixed up often. I want her to take the position for all available jobs too.

Shiny
11-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Admin:
rubah
Spuuky

:stare:

Goldenboko
11-12-2013, 06:09 PM
I nominate Future Esthar for ALL roles :)

Calliope
11-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Admin:
rubah
Spuuky

:stare:

Shiny, this may be my favourite eoff post ever xD

Denmark
11-12-2013, 07:57 PM
i accept any nominations for me as developer even though i've been super lurky lately. and i nominate Nicolas and Parker for admin.

Cuchulainn
11-12-2013, 08:04 PM
i accept any nominations for me as developer even though i've been super lurky lately. and i nominate Nicolas and Parker for admin.

Nobody cares what you think ballroot. get back to your stalking.

Dr Unne
11-13-2013, 12:54 AM
All dead staff keep their positions posthumously. Raistlin is installed as Supreme Leader of the DPREoFF. In truth he is my puppet and I rule from the shadows. I don't see what could possibly go wrong.

Sephex
11-13-2013, 01:12 AM
All dead staff keep their positions posthumously. Raistlin is installed as Supreme Leader of the DPREoFF. In truth he is my puppet and I rule from the shadows. I don't see what could possibly go wrong.

I have no posts, and I must type.

Madonna
11-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Screw that 'ten' thing. I'm listing more!

Administrators
Sephex
Quin
Shauna
Leeza

Developers
Flying Mullet
Pete for President
Dr Unne
Marshall Banana

Cid's Knights
Calliope
NorthernChaosGod
Jessweeee♪
The Summoner of Leviathan
Tasura
Nicolas

Editors
Lone Wolf Leonhart
Jiro
DK
Azar (we'd con him back in somehow)
Laaaaaaaaame; if you cannot stick to ten, how can you claim you are even playing?

Eagerly awaiting to see the week/weekend we give the democratically elected party a chance because, you know, shenanigans.

Aulayna
11-15-2013, 02:34 AM
All roles: Sephex

Christmas
02-01-2024, 01:31 AM
Is it too late to nominate? I nominate myself to be a Cid's Knight from Monday to Wednesday only. :bigsmile:

sharkythesharkdogg
02-20-2024, 05:08 PM
I second that idea. Just give the whole forum to Christmas.

Slade
02-22-2024, 11:41 PM
Christmas: "And if you vote for me, it will be Christmas all year round!".

We should make t-shirts and maybe some buttons. And Christmas themed frozen coke with pop rocks.

Quindiana Jones
02-29-2024, 01:03 AM
I vote for Christmas.