PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk about Wakka

Freya
11-09-2013, 06:00 PM

I like wakka. I loved his ranged attack. I thought he was douchey for his ways about the Al Bhed but his character grows with the story. He stops hating them and just dislikes them. That's an improvement! He's an okay blitzball player, could be better, but he's a great character for the main party in my opinion. LET'S TALK ABOUT WAKKA! What's your opinions?

Jinx
11-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Not that great of a fighter, and very annoying character. I know most people think Tidus is the most annoying, but I think he is. He has decent enough character development, but not as good as other characters in the game. His character design (read: hair) is ridiculous.

Overall, he's just "okay" for me.

Freya
11-09-2013, 06:12 PM
You're just jealous you can't have as awesome of hair as wakka. When searching for a picture of wakka's hair I stumbled upon an image in google images. It was of wakka's baby from X-2! The link back? A post on this forum from 2008! Thanks Hambone.

http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/jeux/img/4267_x2-vidina-v.jpg

Even wakka's baby has awesome hair. :colbert:

Hollycat
11-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Wakka was always my heavy hitter. I was able to do more with him than Auron or Khimari. Plus, the way he is scared of technology and super loyal to the church is kind of cute. Like a dog afraid of a vaccum.

Pike
11-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Wakka cracks me up and has the best hair

Elskidor
11-09-2013, 07:25 PM
I didn't like him at first, but he grew on me. I enjoyed his character development, and think he's an alright character in X. He's certainly better than some others from that game, but he also is no Auron or Jecht to me.

Shiny
11-10-2013, 04:50 AM
His ultimate attack is frustratingly hard to perfect, but he's otherwise proven to be formidable in battle. I don't like how he's basically a racist, but I do like how he's randomly Jamaican.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-10-2013, 07:12 AM
I'd like to hear a conversation between him and Raijin just so I can hear the word "ya" fifty thousand times. :monster:

Gamblet
11-10-2013, 06:11 PM
I dislike using him in battle, the ball throwing just puts me off.

Freya
11-10-2013, 06:50 PM
But there are balls with SPIKES

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-10-2013, 10:57 PM
I've always thought it would be painful to pull off his overdrive. Kicking a spiked blitzball while wearing sandals? Ouch.

Pete for President
11-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Wakka is awesome. Very clear thoughts and motivations to help Tidus out, very spiritual and foolish at the same time and his development is very well executed.

His status effect attacks are useful at the start, and after they lose their function he gets one of the best overdrives in the game.

I dig.

Shlup
11-15-2013, 12:02 AM
I like Wakka better than any of 'em. Though I may be biased towards topless dads.