PDA

View Full Version : Your Blender

Shlup
11-14-2013, 04:41 AM
Do you blend things? I just blended up a smoothie. I make them ginormous and then put the extra in my freezer to eat later. It isn't smooth later though. Is it a sorbet at that point? I don't know.

This thing has strawberries and bananas and pineapple and peaches and mangos and chia seeds and oatmeal and yogurt.

Elskidor
11-14-2013, 07:47 AM
My blender and food processor broke on my last move. I miss that processor the most, but I often used it for the same jobs I gave my blender, anyhow. What's not to love about them? Toss in whatever you want and watch extremely sharp blades make your job 100% easier, and cutting prep time in half, if not more. I love them almost as much as I love my flat grill.

noxious.sunshine
11-14-2013, 04:02 PM
I love my blender. So very much.

Parker and I make smoothies on Saturday mornings with strawberries, blueberries, bananas, some type of yogurt, a lil bit of OJ, and ice.

I also make a lot of salsas with it. And sometimes I do juices with spinach, kale, ginger, lime, and whatever other veggies I feel like adding... Throw it all in there, add a little water, then strain the liquid through cheesecloth or layered paper towels into a pitcher.

I'm dying for a crock pot and a food processor and .... Something else. Can't remember what... Indoor grill I think. And a tortilla press and a steamer pot.

Marshall Banana
11-14-2013, 04:26 PM
I like blending up strawberries with ice and honey. The flavor is intense, though. I think I need to add another fruit. o_o

Shorty
11-14-2013, 04:29 PM
I used to make smoothies every day, but not so much lately! I am partial to tangy flavors like orange, mango and pineapple, and strawberries are a regular fixture.

I also love making orange julius. Hot damn that stuff is good.

Rantz
11-14-2013, 10:39 PM
I have the tiniest blender and I desperately need something larger, for I have large blending needs.

Shlup
11-14-2013, 10:58 PM
I like blending up strawberries with ice and honey. The flavor is intense, though. I think I need to add another fruit. o_o
Maybe add milk?

I used to make smoothies every day, but not so much lately! I am partial to tangy flavors like orange, mango and pineapple, and strawberries are a regular fixture.

I also love making orange julius. Hot damn that stuff is good.
Oh yes! I make a perfect orange julius!

I have the tiniest blender and I desperately need something larger, for I have large blending needs.
I recommend a Ninja.

Agent Proto
11-14-2013, 11:29 PM
There's a blender at my house which my mom uses quite often. Most times she'll make a smoothie using fruits. I last made a mocha frappe using simple ingredients. :D

noxious.sunshine
11-15-2013, 01:02 AM
Ninjas are expensive though....

Shlup
11-15-2013, 02:33 AM
You get what you pay for with blenders.

Marshall Banana
11-15-2013, 03:53 AM
Jeremy and I saved up and bought a Vitamix. It's a beast! We've made hot soup in it. XD

noxious.sunshine
11-15-2013, 04:34 AM
I've made Frappes in my blender! Ice, strong coffee, chocolate or caramel syrup, bit of milk.... Yum.

Too bad I can't drink coffee.

I've heard Vitamix is great, though.

Chris
11-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Raspberry, and white chocolate smoothie. :drool:

Shlup
11-16-2013, 04:26 AM
How do you make that? With actual solid white chocolate?

Chris
11-16-2013, 08:37 AM
You blend it with some vanilla cream, and raspberries. So it becomes a little crunchy, but it is delicious.

Minami
11-17-2013, 06:06 PM
I just got a new Kenwood smoothie maker for my birthday to replace the old one i broke. i use it to make soups too though.

That raspberry and white chocolate smoothie sounds delish. Had a chocolate orange milkshake the other day

Shaibana
11-21-2013, 12:54 PM
i'd like to delete this.. i was actually responding on another thread :S but somehow i ended ip here ^^

RocketMBA
11-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Blender? What are you all, millionaires? I put two things in a bowl and hit them with a wooden spoon.

noxious.sunshine
11-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Lol they're like $30 !