PDA

View Full Version : Water (And Pee)

Shorty
11-14-2013, 06:31 PM
I am terrible about getting my appropriate water intake during the day. It's not that I actively avoid water, I just don't think to drink it! Out of sight, out of mind, I guess. I am making an effort to stay more hydrated, though, and I have a large 34 ounce water bottle that I attempting to down atleast two of each day.

Do you stay properly hydrated?

Slothy
11-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Of course I stay hydrated. I've read Dune. I know how important it is.

Also, water is the only drink that actually quenches my thirst. It's so delicious.

Spuuky
11-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Humans are comprised mostly of water so I figure I get enough that way.

Jinx
11-14-2013, 07:00 PM
That's what I have wine for!

Pike
11-14-2013, 07:04 PM
I love water*. Ice cold water quenches the thirst like nothing else.

* I love water in small quantities. Swimming, beaches, the ocean, et al can all go die. Or at least stay very, very far away from me.

Elskidor
11-14-2013, 07:18 PM
About the only thing I do drink. I don't really drink beer much anymore, so a cup of coffee in the morning, and then water (sometimes green tea) all day long. I find soda kinda gross, and I don't care for juice so it's easy to keep up with water intake when it's all you drink.

Spuuky
11-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Some people drink lukewarm water when cold water is available. These people are objectively wrong.

Slothy
11-14-2013, 08:31 PM
If I want a warm drink I'll bleed a homeless person. Water can only be cold.

Rantz
11-14-2013, 10:23 PM
I figure when Jesus turned water into wine he was making a statement, and who am I to go against Jesus' judgement, y'know?

Shlup
11-15-2013, 12:20 AM
I used to drink water next to never. For the last couple of years I've been drinking it like crazy! I feel so much better when I'm properly hydrated. Even though I pee all the time. I also need to drink a lot of water so that I can turn it into milk.

Rocket Edge
11-15-2013, 12:51 AM
I honestly drink at least 2-3 litres of water a day. It's helped by the fact that I'm hungover half the time.

noxious.sunshine
11-15-2013, 12:59 AM
I lurve water. I love water with lime or lemon too. I try to drink as much as possible, but lately I've been on a major unsweetened iced tea kick. So that counts right?

I used to not be a water drinker - I'd stick to diet coke or something, but I phased it out and now if I'm not drinking beer or liquor, I stick with tea or water. And I guzzle that junk like it's going out of style.

Mirage
11-15-2013, 01:13 AM
I get free bottles of carbonated water at work and I drink the smurf out of those. You don't actually have to *drink* the daily recommended water intake anyway. Lots of foods contain significant amounts of water, even if they aren't nearly as watery as for example soups or smoothies. THere's lots of water in boiled spaghetti with a tomato sauce, for example, or yoghurt.

Night Fury
11-15-2013, 01:20 AM
There is NOTHING better than a cold bottle of water when I'm getting my sweat on at the gym.

I do try to drink a lot of water though, and I'm drinking sodas less and less, especially when it's so so hot here atm.

Miriel
11-15-2013, 01:27 AM
I love water. Especially ice cold water.

Carbonated water is an abomination though.

I used to drink maybe 2-3 liters of water a day. I've cut back lately though because if I drank that much, I would literally never leave the bathroom.

noxious.sunshine
11-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Oh goodness miriel... Wait till they get bigger and give you a good kick in the bladder.

I was only preggo with 1 & tinkled myself a lil bit at work while cutting fabric cuz Parker stuck it to me good. XD

Shlup
11-16-2013, 04:26 AM
Bailey lived on my bladder; I can only imagine having two. Sometimes I'd pee, stand up, and then just sit back down again.

But peeing at full capacity after giving birth was amazing.

Chris
11-16-2013, 08:44 AM
I'm the same as Sarah. Water is gross, and only drinkable when drinking alcohol.

Psychotic
11-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Water is the best and I drink it non stop. If you cut me I will bleed water. Red water, yes, but water all the same!

noxious.sunshine
11-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Bailey lived on my bladder; I can only imagine having two. Sometimes I'd pee, stand up, and then just sit back down again.

But peeing at full capacity after giving birth was amazing.

Yes. That was an awesome experience. They rewarded me with food after (I'd been induced and hadn't eaten in over 24 hrs). It was actually rly good.

I had ice chips all day. It was annoying.

Nommy ice cold water . Flavored water is naaaaasssstaaaaayyyy tho

Mirage
11-16-2013, 01:37 PM
you guys who don't evenlike flavored water are crazy

Shorty
11-16-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm the same as Sarah. Water is gross, and only drinkable when drinking alcohol.
Silly, I never said water is gross xD

I don't get how some people drink carbonated water! It's awful.

Rantz
11-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Fizzy water is great, you're just crazy.

Agent Proto
11-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Carbonated water IS nasty.

Also, who went Bear Grylls on us and drank pee?

Shauna
11-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Still water is good.
Flavoured still water is good.
Flavoured fizzy water is good.
Fizzy water is bad.

Shorty
11-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Carbonated water IS nasty.

Also, who went Bear Grylls on us and drank pee?

A certain administrator who wishes his identity and pee-drinking to remain secret.

Jinx
11-16-2013, 10:07 PM
I've never had unflavored carbonated water, but it looks good! When I'm having a rough start in the morning (or I'm hungover) water or soda helps me wake up more than anything else. The water helps because I feel hydrated, and the soda helps because of the bubbles. I bet I'd like it!

Aulayna
11-17-2013, 11:50 PM
Water and tea are pretty much all I drink outside of the occassional Espresso.

Apart from when I went to the US and it was just Soda every where. Free refills are... yeah... a crime not to take advantage off.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-18-2013, 08:40 AM
Water's good motivation when you're working out. Sometimes when I'm on the treadmill I think "I just burned all this off, do I really want to quench my thirst with soda and get some of it back? I'll just go with the water".

LocoColt04
11-18-2013, 09:28 AM
I probably manage a little over a gallon of water a day. This is supplemented by roughly another gallon of tea every day.

I have a caffeine addiction and sodas can go smurf themselves.

Also, um, I suppose I pee plenty because of the tea. But that's okay; my innards stay flushed because of it.

noxious.sunshine
11-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Carbonated water? Is that like ..San Pellegrino?

I don't like it either way.