PDA

View Full Version : Random things you've discovered

Night Fury
11-15-2013, 02:05 AM
So, I've been on a Lily Allen binge, and apparently her song "Alfie" about a drugged up little shit is actually about her real brother, Alfie Allen, who plays Theon Greyjoy on GoT. DID NOT KNOW.

Lily Allen - Alfie - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RgOm_WJKpE)

Have you learned anything interesting lately?

Shorty
11-15-2013, 02:31 AM
THEON THAT LITTLE SHIT

I discovered a cozy little coffee house close to my work :jess:

Night Fury
11-15-2013, 02:32 AM
Oooh! I'm yet to find a place in Aus that does great coffee. :(

noxious.sunshine
11-15-2013, 04:27 AM
I can't drink coffee. Not even goddamn frappucinos anymore. I got a salted caramel frappe with a shot of chocolate in it at Starbucks 2 weeks ago.. I was -so- excited about it. I hadn't had one in ages. And I've done the homework on the amount of actual caffeine in Frapps from when I was preggo and it's pretty minimal as far as a coffee drink goes.

I ordered a large and slurped down about 1/3 of it... And I felt sick not long after. Like the usual really sleepy mixed with inability to sleep, cold sweats, and general queeziness... It was awful. Damn ADHD. And that's how I know I really do chemically have it (ADHD). Anything heavily caffeinated makes me tired and sick feeling instead of boosting my energy.

Also discovered Jinx & Denmark will be going to NYC not long after I get there! Super stoked to meet up with them and spend some time together in NYC!

Freya
11-15-2013, 05:45 AM
You didn't know about the alfie song? Doesn't it just complete Theon hahahaha.

I found out that the voyager 1 which is now out of our solar system is 12 light hours away. To get to a light year away from us it'll need 25,000 more years. o.o

Calliope
11-15-2013, 07:25 AM
Holy crap you guys I just found out that the appliance brand "Frigidaire" is literally a combination of the words "frigid" and "air"!!

Miriel
11-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Del Murder discovered and told me today that the house we tried to buy ended up selling for $200,000 above the asking price. smurf. that. trout.

Goldenboko
11-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Del Murder discovered and told me today that the house we tried to buy ended up selling for $200,000 above the asking price. smurf. that. trout.

I know you wanted it for this price, but I'm made of money, so here's more!

Holy crap you guys I just found out that the appliance brand "Frigidaire" is literally a combination of the words "frigid" and "air"!!

Plus an e!

Cuchulainn
11-15-2013, 01:35 PM
How the fuck did you not know that was about her brother...called Alfie?

Spooniest
11-15-2013, 01:48 PM
I have discovered that superheroes are real, and that I am a superhero.

Kind of like Spider-Man, I'm what Stan Lee refers to as a "Super-Loser," or "Super-Schnook." (Origins of Marvel Comics vol. 1) My powers aren't quite on par with other Super Heroes, and my life is a heartbreaking cluster mess, but I NEVER GIVE UP.

And neither should any of you.

Wachisen.

Night Fury
11-15-2013, 01:51 PM
How the smurf did you not know that was about her brother...called Alfie?

No I didn't know that it was Alfie Allen aka Theon Greyjoy xD

Iceglow
11-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Wasn't that all over the GOT thread like back in Season 1?

Cuchulainn
11-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Wasn't that all over the GOT thread like back in Season 1?

It was all over everything. When it came out it was common knowledge it was about her brother. Princess Mensa over there is the first person I've met who didn't know Alfie by Lily Allen was about Alfie Allen.

Night Fury
11-15-2013, 03:21 PM
I wasn't a member of this forum back then Iceglow, and I'm only a recent follower of GoT really sooooo I kinda missed all the early hype. Who cares anyway?

Cuchulainn
11-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Everyone. Everyone cares and I'm determined to shine a light on this blind spot of yours and mock you about it til you either cry or stab me in the face/balls.

Tick, tock.

Shauna
11-15-2013, 04:25 PM
God Tara, why don't you know everything? You're useless!

Jinx
11-15-2013, 04:29 PM
My hair has been falling out so much, I actually have a bald spot on the side of my head.

Night Fury
11-16-2013, 12:48 PM
God Tara, why don't you know everything? You're useless!

GOSH I KNOW.

I'll go leave the internet now or something!

noxious.sunshine
11-16-2013, 06:42 PM
My psoriasis has spread to several spots on my scalp. There used to be just 2 that I'd pick at on occasion, but now there's like 6.

And I have like the double cow lick on the crown of my head and my hair is really thin in those 2 spots 'cuz of it.. It makes it really hard to style my hair.

fire_of_avalon
11-17-2013, 08:04 AM
I discovered that a lot of Nordic runes look like English letters that are pouting with their arms crossed! I also discovered that sometimes people will not give you paper hats and Steak & Shake because you're a grown up.

noxious.sunshine
11-18-2013, 01:02 AM
There's a Logan's Roadhouse & a Texas Roadhouse within a mile of each other.

There's a Kroger at the end of the main Blvd... I never go in that direction unless it's to get tacos from this one place and the Kroger is past that.

My cat likes roasted goat. And Cajun chicken pasta.

Shorty
11-18-2013, 02:12 AM
The lovely, lovely artwork of this man -http://jeremyhush.tumblr.com (warning, some mature content, probably not NSFW)

Jinx
11-18-2013, 02:16 AM
Those are beautiful, but I definitely thought I was going to be looking at some naked man. Disappointed. :(

Shorty
11-18-2013, 02:16 AM
Terribly sorry xD

noxious.sunshine
11-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Delia's .. The online clothing store/catalog .. is still a thing.

Old Manus
11-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Chuck Mangione is a real person.

Shiny
11-23-2013, 06:03 AM
I learned Panasonic makes bicycles.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-26-2013, 05:40 PM
I realized that some posts on tumblr and elsewhere can still literally make me laugh out loud. Most of the time when people say lol it's just to indicate something's funny with little facial movement. So this was refreshing for me.

RocketMBA
11-26-2013, 06:14 PM
Today I learned that everybody on EoFF has much bigger issues than I do.

Jinx
11-26-2013, 06:17 PM
I just found out my mom flipped her car into a ditch this morning and they had to pull her car out and omg. Thankfully she's okay except for bruising, but holy shit.

noxious.sunshine
11-26-2013, 08:23 PM
There's a Kroger here. Lawl

Shorty
11-26-2013, 08:28 PM
I've discovered a comic called Locke & Key by Joe Hill (full name Joseph Hillstrom King, aka Stephen King's son).

I am not far in but am enjoying it nonetheless! It seems to be right up my alley with murder and the mention of Lovecraft in the first part.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-26-2013, 08:30 PM
Locke and Key is so good! I think I only have one more volume left to read.

Shorty
11-26-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm so glad you like it! I think you and I have such similar tastes, so knowing you're a fan probably means I'll become one as well. :love:

Shiny
11-27-2013, 02:20 AM

Oh my god. D:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-28-2013, 05:34 PM
I discovered if you go to the members list, you'll find that people leave visitor messages on the first name that shows up alphabetically, haha.

I remember doing things like this a few years back, but for different names. It was like an inside joke that only the people who did it were in on. I appreciate little things like that.

View Profile: Ø - Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/8593.html)

noxious.sunshine
12-02-2013, 07:48 PM
I own a pair of Jeggings.

Shorty
12-03-2013, 03:25 AM
Tonight, I was browsing around and ogling Girl Gone Geek (http://www.girlgonegeekblog.com) when I came upon a post with some lovely artwork (http://www.girlgonegeekblog.com/2013/10/50-pieces-of-welcome-to-night-vale-fan-art/). Fifty pieces of art dedicated to this one thing! But what was it? This image is what sealed me into googling it:

http://www.girlgonegeekblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/night_vale__pluto_by_n_a_s_h_i-d6g4cud.png

What I found this - Welcome to Night Vale (http://podbay.fm/show/536258179/e/1339761600?autostart=1).

How I have never heard of this before, I don't know. This is supposedly the most-downloaded podcast on iTunes and I've never smurfing heard of it! It's like Sin City meets Fallout meets Chuck Palahniuk meets Roswell meets Backwater Gospel.

"A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome to Night Vale.

Hello, listeners. To start things off, I've been asked to read this brief notice. The city council announces the opening of a new dog park at the corner of Earl and Somerset, near the Ralph's. They would like to remind everyone that dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park. It is possible you will see hooded figures in the dog park. Do not approach them. Do not approach the dog park. The fence is electrified and highly dangerous. Try not to look at the dog park, and especially, do not look for any period of time at the hooded figures. The dog park will not harm you."

I was hooked after that. How could I not be?