PDA

View Full Version : Moon Prism Power, Make UP!

noxious.sunshine
11-15-2013, 05:10 AM
JK this isn't a Sailor Moon thread... Although I need to know what's going on with the 20th anniversary stuff. I know it's been delayed, but this is ridic.

ANYWHO.

Let's talk about make up!

I splurged and finally bought new foundation, eyeliner, mascara, and the CoverGirl 2 step smoky eye pen thing (that I accidentally didn't pay for)..

Lately my go-to has been the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. It looks good when I first put it on, but it's pretty waxy & hard to wash off my hands (I have to scrub them down with a dry towel to get it all off, otherwise I'll leave hand print stains everywhere) & then it fades off pretty quickly under normal circumstances, but if I'm running my ass off waiting tables, then it seems to sweat off a lot quicker... Not to mention the stains on the collars of my shirts. I bought the Air Mousse today, just to try it out, though I was hoping to try the CoverGirl foundation that comes in the small green tube... Supposedly made with cucumber extract. I tried it a long time ago, but it wasn't the right shade.....

Mascara has been Rimmel London, in the pink tube in jet black. Rimmel used to be in the same price range as like NYC or Wet N Wild, but they've gone up over the years.. The mascara I buy from them is now around $7 or $8, but it's actually decent. It's creamier and coats the lashes really well. The first time I tried it, the daytime hostess at Red Lobster actually asked me about what I used, so I showed her and she wound up switching to it. This time, however, I decided to try CoverGirl Flamed Out mascara. And so far, I like it. It's a little bit on the dry side, but it makes my lashes a lot longer. I also used to use Maybelline's mascara - the basic stuff in the square pink tube.. It's really good as well.

Normally that's about all I use. I like to use a charcoal grey eyeliner on the top lids in the "water line", but sometimes I have a bad reaction to it and my eyes burn up and get watery..

Eye shadow.. I like lighter gold tones. It makes my eyes stand out more. Silver does too, but I like that gold seems "warmer". I usually only use 1 color, but if I have 2 shades of the same that're really close, I'll experiment with doing the whole "smoky eye" thing.

I don't use blush or bronzer.

So what do you use!?

Calliope
11-15-2013, 05:15 AM
I use Urban Decay, because most of it is vegan, so it's easy for me to find items that aren't tested on animals or contain animal derived ingredients. Make up is something I use probably once per week; a mascara/eyeliner/eyeshadow combination in gold/copper/green tones to complement my olive skintone. If I'm going to an art show or important event, I'll add bright red lipstick. If it takes more than five minutes to apply, I don't have any interest in doing so. That's it!

Shlup
11-15-2013, 05:25 AM
JK this isn't a Sailor Moon thread...

You tricked me, damn you!

I forget which eyeliner I have, but I always use the kind that's basically like drawing on your face with a sharpie. I like my liquid crisp. I also use Maybelline Great Lash in the classis pink and green tube.

On my face I use Rimmel London BB Cream because I hate my uneven skin.

Freya
11-15-2013, 05:35 AM
I've been using gel eyeliner. I'm liking it. Bought some new brushes recently so i've been doing more. Trying that whole contouring thing. Haven't quite got it down yet. I always feel cakey after but I need some new foundation so that may be why. Work in progress really. I need to go on a lipstick/gloss/stain shopping spree, i'm really low on everyone one of mine. I don't really have any set brands. Well besides eyeshadows. Well colors. My friend makes them. She has crazy colors. You should buy them. (http://www.virusinsanity.com/#!) That's weird I didn't know my sister was one of the models on her page xD she's the side picture on the duo chromatic colors

Night Fury
11-15-2013, 05:36 AM
I hate that I don't have as much make-up as I did in the UK.

But I'm a total make-up junkie, I absolutely love it. I'm wearing less at the moment though purely because it's so hot and it just gets melted off, and most of my outings are now to the gym where I don't want to be wearing make-up at all.

I use a lot of MAC and Urban Decay. I also love Estee Lauder as the products are so nice and compliment me a lot.

My fav drugstore brand is for sure Rimmel though. I do like Loreal's foundation - but everything else is Rimmel. Especially for lipsticks, the Kate Moss collection is amazing. Revlon do pretty good lippies too!

My make up routine will start with just some concealer under my eyes and around my red bits. Then a tiny, tiny, tiiiiiny amount of foundation all over, then I use pressed powder.

Then I'll put on some bronzer around my cheekbone area to give me a glooooow, with a little dot of pink blush on the apples of my cheeks.

I draw my eyebrows in, and add a smudgy line of eyeliner and then some mascara. DONE!

If I'm going anywhere fancy I'll use my UD Naked palette to give myself a smokey eye, and I'll also do more of a catwing eyeline.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-15-2013, 07:15 AM
JK this isn't a Sailor Moon thread...

You tricked me, damn you!

Seriously. Let's talk about how bad Sailor Pluto should feel about her demotion in the Solar System.

Ladies, let me tell you about how fabulous I look in make up. Flawless. :smug:

Shlup
11-15-2013, 07:31 AM
You should buy them. (http://www.virusinsanity.com/#!) That's weird I didn't know my sister was one of the models on her page xD she's the side picture on the duo chromatic colors
Your friend has octopus hair.

Freya
11-15-2013, 07:33 AM
That she does.

Miriel
11-15-2013, 07:39 AM
I may have a little makeup addiction problem.

http://i39.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/aa9b1e.png

This is my collection AFTER I cleaned it out.

It's kinda funny, because 80% of the time, I don't wear ANY makeup. And when I do wear makeup, I prefer a really easy, streamlined process. I just can't help but try new products. I LOVE trying new products. I feel like there's always something new to discover. I started off really loving Laura Mercier as my go-to "foundation". And then I discovered Makeup Forever HD and I loved it. It's what I used for my wedding day makeup. And just recently, I started using Hourglass Mineral Veil and I loooove it. It's a powder and I haven't used a powder for a long time, but it's so sheer and light in coverage and gives such a lovely glow. Also using Lush's Ocean Salt a lot these days, but that's more skincare than makeup. And I could go on and on about skincare.

http://i42.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/4sjyc9.png

My top favorite products right now:

Foundation: Hourglass Mineral Veil + Stila BB Cream
Eyeliner: Makeup Forever 24/7
Mascara: Diorshow or Benefit's They're Real
Lips: Korres lip butter
Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked palette

Pike
11-15-2013, 10:29 AM
I don't use makeup. Ever.

Nothing against people who do, of course, it's just totally not my thing.

Shorty
11-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Clinique is the best makeup for my skin, but I haven't used it in a bit because it's pretty damn expensive when stacked up. I am using Revlon foundation now, but the more I use it, the less I like it. If I apply powder on top of it, though, it's perfect. I can't remember my powder brand. Something with minerals.

I use Hard Candy eyeliner. That trout does not come off. It does not come off. I always used to end up with black smudges around my eyes because I think I squint too much, but this stuff is pretty good about not doing that. Add in some primer and it's stuck right where it should be.

I also use Hard Candy concealer and man, those people do not mess around with their products. They are awesome.

I've been turned on to Eyes Lips Face cosmetics and they are okay. From what I understand, they are vegan, but they're pretty cheap too. Their website is pretty awesome and they do a lot of giveaways and coupons. I got a huuuge eyeshadow pallette of like 180 colors on sale for $15. And it's good eyeshadow!

Mascara I don't fuss about too much. My eyeliner blackens up most of the area around my eyes, drawing attention away from my short eyelashes. There isn't much that can be done to improve that area except extensions, which are too vain even for me.

I use pretty cheap wet n wild lipsticks because they are the only ones who make colors I like. I don't wear reds, and often times brands only carry pink pink super pink pinks. I need a soft non-bright pink and I've only really found these colors in wet n wild. Also no sheer. Sheer lipstick is atrocious. Regular matte finish for me. I think my lip stain is Revlon, too, and it works pretty well, but only if I've exfoliated my lips first. And I have a damn good gloss but don't care to check the brand right now.

Night Fury
11-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Miriel, did you know that there's a Naked 3 coming out?

:love:

Shauna
11-15-2013, 02:07 PM
I do the whole make-up thing (badly) from time to time. I don't have any favourite brands or anything. I just use stuff I have been gifted over the course of many a Christmas. It all works well. Although, when I do actually plan on doing my make-up, I tend to have to go out and buy stuff because what I have doesn't coordinate with what I am wearing. :(

noxious.sunshine
11-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Omg I love Hard Candy! I want to buy all of their stuff and try it out, though one of their foundations seriously smells like it's medicated - the kind that comes in the pump tube?

I desperately wanna get better at doing my makeup - countouring, eyeliner & shadow, etc, but I just don't know how to go about it. The few times I've tried doing eyeliner on my actual lids it looked terrible.

I screwed up and bought Wet N Wild brand skin tone matching foundation and OMG it burned the chuck outta my face. Not to mention, if you don't spread it on & get it blended quickly, it'll dry up and be streaky. Try blending it after and it rubs off. It's -awful-.

I forgot about lipstick... I don't really use it. I used to be a lip gloss junkie, but now I just stick with chap stick. I have an addiction to it. I absolutely can't stand my lips feeling dried out. Omg.

(Side note, Sailor Pluto was always my fav .... XD)

Jinx
11-15-2013, 03:19 PM
I use Physician's Formula primer, blush, and eye shadow; Revlon's liquid foundation and pressed powder; Wet and Wild's eyeliner, mascara, and lipgloss/stick.

Most of the time I don't even do makeup anymore, though. My skin's much better than it used to be, and I don't really think I need it. I'll put on eyeliner and mascara when the mood strikes me, though.

Calliope
11-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Locky: Seeing as you're in Oz, you may want to try the brand Innoxa, it's what I bought when I lived in Enzed.

Locky & Miriel: Yes indeed, there is a third version of the Naked palette coming out. I'm hoping that they'll have a significant Cyber Monday sale though, because I don't really have the money to replace my eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, and maybe try something new as well. I swear by their (discontinued) Smoke Out box and Vegan Palette, though, and I've had some success getting new eyeshadow from eBay.

Shorty: Yep, E.L.F. is vegan too! The stuff I've tried has seemed a little too cheap for me to use often, especially at the rate I use makeup, but I'm glad you like it!

Shorty
11-15-2013, 08:28 PM
I don't use what I consider to be "important stuff" - foundation or concealer or eyeliner. They have a whole bunch of accessories and things that I found useful - eyebrow-shaping templates, fake lashes (for costumes, I don't wear fake lashes), oil blotting papers, eyelash curlers, etc. Their primer wasn't too shabby, either, I don't think.

drotato
11-16-2013, 01:56 AM
I don't ever hardly wear makeup, but usually if I have to it's just eyeliner or mascara. If I have to do something and it requires me to look suuuuuper nice or whatever, then I'll go ahead and do the whole shebang with foundation and powder and whatnot. But man... I hate wearing makeup. xD
It breaks my face out, and I guess I'm too much of a tomboy. I'll go to rub my eyes if they're itchy and I'll forget I'm wearing stuff and I'll just have like this black eye. xD

It's.... Pretty awful.

fire_of_avalon
11-17-2013, 01:56 AM
ELF's brushes are really, really, really awesome. They're dirt cheap, pick up powders, liquids and gels well, and don't lose fibers when washed. I also like their brush cleaning mist and shampoos too, because dirt cheap. I haven't actually tried their make-up though, because ... well, I dunno.

I don't use expensive make-up because I am a v. poor person and I just don't use it very often anyway. Although I am totally envious of Miriel's collection because I've tried both Naked palettes before and they were amazing and I really do like a lot of what I see by Urban Decay, I tend to use drugstore brands Neutrogena and Almay. Almay has a triple palette made for blue eyes that has this specific champagne color that is my go to neutral. I tend to wear only browns and golds anyway, because everything else makes me look clownish and dumb. I use Neutrogena mascara and lip butter in carbon black and fresh papaya. I don't remember what I use for foundation because I barely use it. I never use blush.