PDA

View Full Version : Sailor Moon

Pages : [1] 2

noxious.sunshine
11-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Ok. So can anyone tell me wtf is going on with the 20th anniversary reboot?

It was supposed to be done and airing this Summer, but it got delayed and I can't find any new info on it and it's driving me bonkers!

Oh Nm. Apparently it got pushed waaaay back to 2014. There's a new tribute soundtrack that's gonna be released the day before my bday. Yay!

Anywho... Who & what were your fav scouts/seasons/episodes??

I really hated the 2nd season (Sailor Moon R/ The Doom Tree Series) other than the one episode with Rei singing. Ann & Allan annoyed me & it drove me nuts that Darien/Mamoru had amnesia. I can play Allan's flute melody on the recorder tho XD.

I really liked the final season. I thought it was pretty well made, though like every other good tv series, I got teary during the final episode. I also got teary during the first season when everyone discovers Serena/Usagi is actually the Moon Princess and that "My Only Love" song played in the English version. Lolol ayyyyy.

My fav sailors are Mars, Venus, & Pluto ... I've always been fascinated with Pluto. Minako/I Forgot Her English Name can be just as dingy as Serena sometimes, and I love how bitchy Rei is. XD

Aulayna
11-15-2013, 03:14 PM
I have a Venus set made for when this eventually happens. :cool:

Jinx
11-15-2013, 03:15 PM
I can't wait until the reboot. Where my Shlup and TSoL at???

I honestly love all of the Sailor Scouts. I really can't choose who is my favorite.

The second season is great once the Doom Tree trout is over and they go to Crystal Tokyo.

EDIT: Also, Pluto's English name is Trista.

noxious.sunshine
11-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Is it? I don't think I ever knew that, actually... Huh. I'm just used to Setsuna. Lol.

Ooo I forgot about the Crystal Tokyo bit.. Didn't they break those 2 up for the English version? I actually had the Doom Tree Series VHS Boxed set & that was all it had in it.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-15-2013, 03:43 PM
The reboot has been moved to December/January 2014 (Anime Winter 2014 season) as far as all sources point to. Sadly there is really little info to go by other than that. There is conflicting rumours as to whether it is a reboot like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (a reboot more faithful to the manga) or something completely new. While people will argue it is the latter, from what I had heard during the original announcement was more indicative of the former. They also want to make it a bit more "mature". Which the manga sorta already is. I really hope for a true reboot faithful to the manga. None of this monster of the week BS.

Doom Tree Arc is underwhelming. Really S and Stars are the best seasons out there.

Usagi as best character FTW. Michiru and Haruka as best couple. Minako as 2nd best character, especially if you read Codename: Sailor V. :D

Shauna
11-15-2013, 04:16 PM
~Fighting evil by moonlight~
~Winning love by daylight~
~Never running from a real fight~
~She is the one called Sailor Moon~

10/10 would watch all 200 episodes again

NeoCracker
11-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Sailor Jupitor for life! :love:

11-15-2013, 05:04 PM

You ma'am have excellent taste.

Also, new Sailor Moon will be streamed through Nico-Nico (with I assume appropriate subs?) in a variety of countries.

noxious.sunshine
11-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Haha Parker -loves- Sailor Moon. She often asks if she can watch it in Japanese. It's so cute!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Aha! I knew someone would make this thread! In which case:

Seriously. Let's talk about how bad Sailor Pluto should feel about her demotion in the Solar System.

:p

Really though. I loved watching this on Toonami. Rei was my favorite as a kid because I liked her fiery attitude and looked forward to her putting her hands together like a gun and saying "mars fire ignite!". Now a days I really like Ami and appreciate her intelligence.

I actually still own an old VHS tape of Sailor Moon. It's the Hearts in Ice movie. At one point I wanted to buy a Super Famicom so I could play the old Sailor Moon video games. I still might at some point.

Also, let's talk about how Uranus and Neptune are lovers but were somehow changed to being cousins in the english release :colbert:

When I grow up I want to be Tuxedo Mask.

Shauna
11-15-2013, 06:29 PM

LAYDEEZ

You ma'am have excellent taste.

I should have included all the movies and specials in that comment.

One time at uni in the anime soc, we had a film night. I managed to get the Sailor Moon R Movie played. It was the most glorious time of my university career.

Not many others appreciated it though. :(

noxious.sunshine
11-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Hearts in Ice was the one where Luna fell in love with the wannabe astronaut wasn't it??

I also loved the Black Dream Hole one!

Lol they made Neptune & Uranus cousins for the English dub cuz it was back in the 90s & I believe they were aiming for a younger audience/didn't want to catch a lot of flack from parents.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Hearts in Ice was the one where Luna fell in love with the wannabe astronaut wasn't it??

Yep. Poor unrequited cat love. Sad.

Shlup
11-15-2013, 11:37 PM
I just thought you guys should know that I am Sailor Moon.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-15-2013, 11:48 PM
I just thought you guys should know that I am Sailor Moon.

I believe it.

Also here's Shlup's old tumblr with lovely Sailor Moon things abound.

The Grown-Ups are Lying: sailor moon (http://thegrownupsarelying.blogspot.com/search/label/sailor%20moon)

Shlup
11-16-2013, 12:14 AM
So many of my Sims have Sailor Moon tattoos.

Jinx
11-16-2013, 12:25 AM
I would love to get a Sailor Moon tattoo. No idea what I'd get, though. Maybe the original Scepter.

Slothy
11-16-2013, 01:12 AM
I'm suddenly reminded that I downloaded the entire series a while back so I could finally watch it all. I'll have to get on that.

noxious.sunshine
11-16-2013, 04:00 AM
There's a bunch of jewelry on yesasia but it's expensive.

Shlup
11-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Yeah, they have lots of great new merch, but it's all expensive! And all I hear about it new merch--never the production of the actual show. It's really irritating!

Jinx
11-16-2013, 06:37 PM
LINK TO MERCHANDISE PLZ

noxious.sunshine
11-16-2013, 06:44 PM
moonkitty.net: Sailor Moon Jewelry Shopping Guide (http://www.moonkitty.net/reviews-buy-sailor-moon-jewelry.php)

According to Moon Kitty (& whoever mentioned it here), it's slated for release in December with simultaneous airings on NicoNico.

And also on their site:

It is confirmed that this anime is not an anime film, but a series.
The new Sailor Moon anime will be released simultaneously worldwide
The band Momoiro Clover Z will be singing the opening and closing theme songs.
The anime will be a fresh reboot. i.e. Not a continuation of the original anime set after Sailor Stars (http://www.moonkitty.net/Sailor-Moon-Sailor-Stars/index.php).

Jinx
11-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Shit, that stuff is expensive. If I want cute Sailor Moon jewelry, I'll just order something from Shlup.

Aulayna
11-16-2013, 07:43 PM
So we should co-ordinate sig/av sets in advance. Already claiming Sailor Venus, guess Shlup has to be Sailor Moon... so that leaves a free for all for the rest of them!

Jinx
11-16-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm Sailor Mars.

noxious.sunshine
11-16-2013, 11:35 PM
I CALL PLUTO! lol

omg If we could coordinate a viewing party for the premiere, that would be -awesome-.

Jinx: J-List has stuff for cheaper.. Like every Sailor Moon transformation locket used for $22 on pre-order

11-17-2013, 05:23 AM
Neptune. I wanna be badass.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-17-2013, 04:16 PM
...I call Sailor Mercury.

:smug:

Jinx
11-17-2013, 04:22 PM
I thought you were our Tuxedo Mask!

EDIT: Shlup should make Bailey an EoFF account just so she can be Rini.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-17-2013, 05:31 PM
I was going to pick Tuxedo Mask but than I remembered seeing one of our members with a TM avatar. They may not even use it anymore but I don't want people to be like "hey isn't that so and so's gimmick".

If I can remember who it was I'll check out their profile and see if they've moved on.

noxious.sunshine
11-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Lol I thought abt making Parker an account.

Shlup
11-17-2013, 10:31 PM
EDIT: Shlup should make Bailey an EoFF account just so she can be Rini.

She is basically a tiny me with different hair. Not pink, unfortunately.

noxious.sunshine
11-18-2013, 01:20 AM
Oooh Shlup!! Bailey can be Rini and Parker could be chibi chibi ! ^_^ let's dew it!

Shlup
11-18-2013, 01:25 AM
My poor baby is never going to able to pick her own Halloween costume. She has to be Chibi Chibi and Saria before she can pick her own.

noxious.sunshine
11-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Damn. I shoulda thought of that yrs ago.

I wanna dress P up as Vivi. Cuz she's short like me. Buuuuut since she likes sailor moon, maybe I can swing Rini.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-18-2013, 06:12 PM
I was going to pick Tuxedo Mask but than I remembered seeing one of our members with a TM avatar. They may not even use it anymore but I don't want people to be like "hey isn't that so and so's gimmick".

If I can remember who it was I'll check out their profile and see if they've moved on.

So I do believe it was Wolf Kanno. They changed their avatar and haven't posted for a few months. I think i'm in the clear.

HOWEVER! Although Jinx said to go with Tuxedo Mask, I asked Freya about this and she said to stick with Sailor Mercury.

I'll leave it up to you guys. I'll do whichever people want more. Who's your favorite between the two?

#firstworldproblems

Jinx
11-18-2013, 06:16 PM
I think it'd be funny if you were a Sailor Scout. I just asked about Tuxedo Mask, because you made some joke about being him before. :)

Jinx
11-18-2013, 06:30 PM
You know, I think I am changing to Sailor Saturn.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-18-2013, 07:08 PM
I think it'd be funny if you were a Sailor Scout. I just asked about Tuxedo Mask, because you made some joke about being him before. :)

Fair enough :monster:

11-18-2013, 07:09 PM
In the anime, the Sailor Stars civilian identities were male, biologically so. They became female at transformation, so it works!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-19-2013, 05:37 AM
Really? I read they were just posing as males.

11-19-2013, 06:56 AM
In the manga they were just girls crossdressing as guys. In the anime, they were still girls, in the sense that their true identity lies in their senshi-self, but their "civilian" identities were not only dressed as males but also physically male as well. Takeuchi was apparently not pleased by this change (essentially they went from transvestites, in the manga, to quasi-transsexuals, in the anime).

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-19-2013, 07:13 AM
Ah, I see.

Well that makes for good television :grover:

Jinx
11-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Maybe they just didn't want their main character to have a gay almost-relationship. I don't get it, since Uranus and Neptune are still gay in Stars since it never came NA-side, but whatever.

Shlup
11-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Except in NA, where they're just reeeeaaaaaally close cousins.

Jinx
11-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Oh, so the NA version takes place in Alabama cool cool.

11-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Maybe they just didn't want their main character to have a gay almost-relationship.

But that becomes irrelevant when we learn that Seiya is actually a chick/Sailor Star Fighter.

Best part of the NA dubs and the Sailor "cousins" is that they still had these really intimate moments that weren't completely cut out. It is like so lesbians not okay but vaguely hinted at lesbian incest is?

Jinx
11-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Maybe they just didn't want their main character to have a gay almost-relationship.

But that becomes irrelevant when we learn that Seiya is actually a chick/Sailor Star Fighter.

It becomes more relevant. Usagi almost has a relationship with Seiya. Turns out Seiya's a girl. Therefore, if they did, it would've been a lesbian relationship.

I mean, I honestly don't care. I'm just saying why they might've changed it for the show. I'm just confused because Japan kept Neptune/Uranus together, so I dunno why they changed that.

11-21-2013, 10:24 PM
My point about it being irrelevant was in relation to the whole Usagi-Seiya almost relationship. That it becomes irrelevant because the audience finds out that Seiya is actually a chick thus the whole romance thing with Usagi is revealed to have been an almost gay relationship. In other words, it would have only made sense if the Star Lights were never revealed to have been actually girls. Not to mention there is still the whole Haruka and Michiru thing anyways since they are predominant figures in both seasons where they appearances.

Ayen
11-21-2013, 11:21 PM
-looks to his Sailor Moon DVDs of the five seasons available in America, Sailor Moon R the movie, the Sailor Moon S and Super S movies on tape, the Sailor Moon action figures, the Luna and Artemis stuffie, the Sailor V manga vol. 1 and 2, the first two volumes of the Sailor Moon manga, the PGSM he watched online, the Sera Myu he watched online, the thousands and thousands of Sailor Moon pictures on his computer, the Sailor Moon R locket, the original Sailor Moon wand, the trading cards and sound book-

Never heard of it.

Shlup
11-22-2013, 01:16 AM
The first time I found the theme song in Japanese online, it took like 40 minutes to download on my dial up. I think it was the SuperS opening. I was so excited I called my BFF so she could listen to it over the phone. It gives me feels just thinking about it. I think that was the first time we saw the fabled outer senshi too.

noxious.sunshine
11-22-2013, 02:20 AM
omg Shlup. You brought back memories.....

Downloading from Napster and like Bear Share or something...

Gomen ne sunao ja nakutte!

11-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Aww, that reminds me that the first thing I did with my internet, dial-up, was download the whole manga collect. 1GB on dial-up is a long time. 20 minutes for each .rar chapter. :(

noxious.sunshine
11-22-2013, 02:58 PM
rofl. We had like a 1 or 2 GB hard drive back in oh... '97? It was a Gateway pc. Then I got into downloading Photoshop.. That sumbitch was like 500MB and took -all- night. So I scooted a couple of chairs together (I was 13 or so) and made a bed right there.. My mom woke up and went ballistic on me. lol

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-25-2013, 06:14 AM
Day 1: I text friend saying "So Sailor Moon is getting a reboot and it's exciting news"

Day 2: See friend and his sister at the store, I meet her for the first time.

day 3: See friend at work, he tells me his sister said "Was that the same Nathan who likes Sailor Moon? He looked so normal, too."

Gee, thanks.

Aulayna
12-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Okay so I made some avatars using the awesome "crests" I found on deviantArt:

Anlin's deviantART Gallery (http://anlin.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=%2F&q=sailor)

The borders are very rough right now as I saved them as gifs, not pngs, just wanted to see what people think. If you want to use them during the sig/av thing whenever we do it, I can make tidier looking ones :)

NeoCracker
12-02-2013, 01:19 AM
HAS JUPITOR BEEN CALLED YET CAUSE I WANT JUPITOR!

Jinx
12-02-2013, 01:24 AM
I think we should all have them as our avatars! :D Yes, I'd like it if you could clean it up. I'd definitely use it!

Aulayna
12-02-2013, 01:26 AM
This is the list I have right now:

Venus - Aul
Jupiter - Neo
Moon - Shlup
Mars - ToriJ
Pluto - Nox
Neptune - TSoL
Mercury - LWL
Saturn - Jinx

Ayen
12-02-2013, 01:27 AM
They're cool and all, but I'd rather my avatar have a face.

There's a slick one I want to use for Mars but I can't find it -_-

Jinx
12-02-2013, 01:29 AM
No, I changed mine to Saturn. ToriJ is Mars.

NeoCracker
12-02-2013, 01:40 AM
You have both me and Not-Noxy listed as Pluto. :p

Jinx
12-02-2013, 01:42 AM
ITT: Aulayna's bad at lists.

Aulayna
12-02-2013, 01:43 AM
It's 2am xD I've fixed it now!

Jinx
12-02-2013, 01:45 AM

>Sailor "Neptuon"

;)

Ayen
12-02-2013, 01:49 AM
Stop disclosing our secret identities! DX

Jinx
12-02-2013, 01:50 AM
YEAH, I MEAN, WE LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME AFTER WE TRANSFORM BECAUSE ALL WE'VE EFFECTIVELY DONE IS CHANGE OUR CLOTHES BUT STOP TELLING PEOPLE WHO WE AAAAAAAAAAARE

Aulayna
12-02-2013, 01:54 AM

>Sailor "Neptuon"

;)

Was thinking of Neptulon on WoW, because it happens to be the server I play on xD

Ayen
12-02-2013, 01:58 AM
YEAH, I MEAN, WE LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME AFTER WE TRANSFORM BECAUSE ALL WE'VE EFFECTIVELY DONE IS CHANGE OUR CLOTHES BUT STOP TELLING PEOPLE WHO WE AAAAAAAAAAARE

Speak for yourself.

-puts on glasses-

Jinx
12-02-2013, 01:59 AM

>Sailor "Neptuon"

;)

Was thinking of Neptulon on WoW, because it happens to be the server I play on xD

Well, I mean, Neo says he wants to be Sailor Jupitor...so, who knows? Maybe we're a special bunch.

NeoCracker
12-02-2013, 02:03 AM
I'M ALLOWED TO BE PRETTY TOO DAMN IT!

12-02-2013, 02:36 AM

OMG THAT ONE CHICK WITH BUNS HAIRSTYLE COULD NOT BE SAILOR MOON SINCE THEY ARE BOTH ARE THE ONLY BLONDES WITH THE SAME HAIRSTYLE AND THE SAME EYE COLOUR AND HEIGHT!

noxious.sunshine
12-02-2013, 03:14 AM
Sooooo...... Am I still Pluto?

Aulayna
12-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Yes!

Ayen
12-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Now stop using your powers to delay the new anime, Pluto. There's nothing wrong with being a dwarf planet.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Alright, my set's done :cool:

Hope to see more soon!

noxious.sunshine
12-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Lawl.

Dwarf planet. It fits. I'm only 5'0".

I can't find anything new!! WHAT IS GOING ON!?

Jinx
12-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Can you remove the white background and give it transparency, Aul? Or is that as good as it's going to get?

noxious.sunshine
12-02-2013, 08:08 PM
https://www.facebook.com/SMNews2013

I'm trying to find a link for the official SM page....

But.. LOOK at all the pretty stuff!! OMG! *dies*

Aulayna
12-02-2013, 08:42 PM
They have transparency already. I guess it's just probably not saving it when you save it locally and use it as your avatar. Sometimes the compression that's used on the upload avatar thing in vBulletin removes transparency for some reason.

Worst comes to worst I can just host them on the server and you can use the url instead of uploading it. LWLs seems fine though.

Ayen
12-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Do we need a sig or can we rock it sigless?

Jinx
12-02-2013, 08:54 PM
YOU NEED A SIG

Ayen
12-02-2013, 09:00 PM
I haz no ideas for sigs :(

Jinx
12-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Just find an image of Sailor Mars and crop it.

Ayen
12-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Just find an image of Sailor Mars and crop it.

That's the lazy man's sig. I'm an artist!

Now look at this awesome pic I cropped 8D

Aulayna
12-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Okay here's the PNGs. In Firefox just Right Click > Copy Image Location and then set that as your Avatar at http://home.eyesonff.com/profile.php?do=editavatar using Option 1

http://www.radiant-mythology.com/sailormoon/chibimoon.png
http://www.radiant-mythology.com/sailormoon/tuxedomask.png
http://www.radiant-mythology.com/sailormoon/jupiter.png
http://www.radiant-mythology.com/sailormoon/mars.png
http://www.radiant-mythology.com/sailormoon/mercury.png
http://www.radiant-mythology.com/sailormoon/moon.png
http://www.radiant-mythology.com/sailormoon/neptune.png
http://www.radiant-mythology.com/sailormoon/pluto.png
http://www.radiant-mythology.com/sailormoon/saturn.png
http://www.radiant-mythology.com/sailormoon/uranus.png

12-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Looking for good pic for sig. Just so hard to find a decent resolution one that isn't cosplay. :/

Jinx
12-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Looking for good pic for sig. Just so hard to find a decent resolution one that isn't cosplay. :/

http://hdwpapers.com/download/sailor_neptune_wallpaper_hd-1440x900.jpg

noxious.sunshine
12-03-2013, 03:45 PM
omg. Everyone's sigs are soooo pretty...

I hate editing anime. -_-; It's such a pain in the ass

NeoCracker
12-03-2013, 03:58 PM
I can't make sigs for trout. :(

Edit: Also it's still giving me the white background.

Jinx
12-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Just crop an image. That's all I did!

Sephiroth
12-03-2013, 04:01 PM
All hail Nephrite.

NeoCracker
12-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Well what do you say about my avatar still having the white frame around it missy!?

Yes, I did 'copy image location' and use that link. Lo

Aulayna
12-03-2013, 10:05 PM
It's you. :)

The source image has transparency otherwise it'd show up with a white background when embedded in the thread like so:

http://www.radiant-mythology.com/sailormoon/jupiter.png

And if I add it as an attachment:

So yeah, I have no idea :D (actually I just set your avatar for you using the Admin CP and it seems fine now, so no idea why it was putting the white background when you set it :o)

Black Magic Shopkeeper
12-03-2013, 10:20 PM
All hail Nephrite.
every time I see your sig I get really really sad
Damn you.

Fuzakeru
12-12-2013, 01:02 AM
I'm late to the game but Sailor Moon is one of the best things ever in the existence of all things. I wanna join your club and be Sailor Uranus!

On a serious note, a group I follow on FB was talking about them doing a new series or remake or some such. I saw one picture from it but I don't remember where. I went on a SM spree and watched all of the movies again that same night. I actually cried watching Sailor Moon S again. ;_; And of course the first one is really good too! I thought Usagi's interaction with Mamoru in the beginning was so so so so sweet!

Aulayna
12-12-2013, 02:28 AM
The Most Realistic Sailor Moon Lingerie Money Can Buy (http://kotaku.com/the-most-realistic-sailor-moon-lingerie-money-can-buy-1480973920?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow)

Amazing

Shlup
12-12-2013, 02:31 AM
"Peach John" is a great name for a lingerie company.

They didn't post pictures of the other stuff! Which I would actually love to have.

http://sailormoonnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/sailor_moon_panties_from_peach_john.jpg

http://sailormoonnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/sailor_moon_bras_from_peach_john.jpg

http://sailormoonnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/sailor_moon_pyjamas_from_peach_john.jpg

I'm late to the game but Sailor Moon is one of the best things ever in the existence of all things. I wanna join your club and be Sailor Uranus!

On a serious note, a group I follow on FB was talking about them doing a new series or remake or some such. I saw one picture from it but I don't remember where. I went on a SM spree and watched all of the movies again that same night. I actually cried watching Sailor Moon S again. ;_; And of course the first one is really good too! I thought Usagi's interaction with Mamoru in the beginning was so so so so sweet!

Yay, Sailor Uranus!

The stills from the new show are fake; they haven't released anything yet.

I should watch the movies again! Eeee! Actually I think I want to re-watch the series before the new one starts. I think I have plenty of time though. -_-;

Sailor Moon News is my favorite news group on Facebook.

Aulayna
12-12-2013, 02:34 AM
I have to buy me some of that.

KentaRawr!
12-12-2013, 02:46 AM
I used to like Sailor Moon a lot when I was younger, but I didn't watch it very often. I feel like it was on Toonami at some point? I'd like to watch it again eventually.

Also, the website I used to make this avy transparent is called lunapic. Harhar. LUNApic.

I mean, I know it's not Luna, but still.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-12-2013, 03:07 AM
Awesome, more people!

I dig it.

Yeah, it was on Toonami at one point. That's my first experience with watching it.

Ayen
12-12-2013, 06:21 AM
Yeah, it moved there after Cloverway bought the rights to dub Sailor Moon S and Super S. It came on right after Dragon Ball Z. Before that they were on the USA network (I think) before moving to syndication.

Fuzakeru
12-12-2013, 01:51 PM
So sad to hear that the screenshots were fakes. :( I can't even imagine what they'd be able to do with modern animation techniques! It'll be so beautiful! /spazz!

Also - I want this for Christmas.
(http://www.redbubble.com/people/ellador/works/11183055-moonbucks-coffee)

12-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Fuzakeru! My Haruka!

Ayen
12-12-2013, 03:59 PM
KISS! KISS! KISS!

Fuzakeru
12-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Fuzakeru! My Haruka!

Lev! My Michiru!~ :love:

PS: Stop flirting with popular boys. :/ It makes me jealous.

Veinexes
12-12-2013, 06:23 PM
I always liked Uranus and Saturn as my favorites. I used to play the RPG and action sidescroller for SNES on my computer, and those were quite interesting especially the RPG when you had to deal with old enemies being revived and the Anti-Senshi who basically nullified/opposed powers. Also I'm reminded of a Animerica poll of top 100 hottest anime females and remembering that Uranus was number 4 on the list.

Ayen
12-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Ah, Sailor Moon Another Story, how I love thee. Had some great character development and though I'm not 100% certain, I think it's considered canon in-between S and Super S.

Shauna
12-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Right guys. I'm just gonna throw this out there. You can send it back if you want, but I just want to know.

Live.

Action.

Sailor.

Moon.

Y/N?

Fuzakeru
12-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Uranus is just so awesome! I mean, Michiru and Haruka have such a deep and profound storyline (truly, all the outer senshi did) and I think she was one of the characters to ever truly see what was going on from a more mature and cynical position.... though in a world where power came from absolute love she hindered things time to time. Pluto and Neptune were about the best balanced as far as that was concerned but I'd want Haruka on my side is things were going down.

Live action, eh?
.................so difficult to say Y/N to that. I think some of it is pretty adorable (like the day to day - slice of life stuff) but then when anything magical happens I want to hide my face.

Ayen
12-12-2013, 07:54 PM
PGSM is probably the best adaption of Sailor Moon and I say this as someone who used to go "eww" at real people playing anime characters. It helps that Naoko Takeuchi had a lot of pull during its course unlike the anime where she had no say in what they did there whatsoever.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-13-2013, 02:51 AM
Right guys. I'm just gonna throw this out there. You can send it back if you want, but I just want to know.

Live.

Action.

Sailor.

Moon.

Y/N?

I actually used to have a magazine with an article on this. It posted pics of famous 90's actors at the time who would be good in certain roles. I suppose it could be done with the right cinematics.

I guess I'd have to see a trailer to give it a thumbs up or not :gator:

Shlup
12-13-2013, 06:23 AM
I always liked Uranus and Saturn as my favorites. I used to play the RPG and action sidescroller for SNES on my computer, and those were quite interesting especially the RPG when you had to deal with old enemies being revived and the Anti-Senshi who basically nullified/opposed powers. Also I'm reminded of a Animerica poll of top 100 hottest anime females and remembering that Uranus was number 4 on the list.
Those were good games! I was playing the heart battle game recently.

Live.

Action.

Sailor.

Moon.

Y/N?

It made me want to shoot myself in the head and I loved it.

Ayen
12-13-2013, 07:43 AM
Relevant

n_1orCJH8PM

Jinx
12-13-2013, 04:07 PM
PGSM is so bad it's amazing.

Shauna
12-13-2013, 04:39 PM
I was heartwarmed by some of the happenings in PGSM. Perhaps a lone tear had been shed over it.

Marshall Banana
12-14-2013, 03:28 AM
I've binged on Sailor Moon lately, because this is my first time watching it, and I'm hooked! I finished Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R, then the '93 movie. I'm starting Sailor Moon S now...

Does it go downhill at any point?

Also, are any of the games good?

Jinx
12-14-2013, 03:29 AM
Sailor Moon SS is kind of eh. There are definitely some okay moments, but it's pretty childish. But Sailor Stars is really good!

Ayen
12-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Unpopular opinion in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

I thought Sailor Moon Super S were one of the better ones. It was less repetitive than previous arcs, especially S, went into some serious discussions on people dreams and had an enemy which practically violated them looking for one man and the main villain had more motivation than just the cut and dry rule/destroy the world. It even did away with the monster of the week in one episode too to focus more on the story that episode.

I find calling anything from Sailor Moon 'childish' especially as a criticism to be odd since it is a kids show. Even in Japan it's a kids show, of course it's childish.

Jinx
12-14-2013, 04:59 PM
oh i see now that someone's won best newbie he's got OPINIONS oh okay

Nah, I just don't care for Super S. I did like the episode when Rini grew up; that was cute. And I liked the fish guy who was a cross-dresser. That was amusing.

Ayen
12-14-2013, 05:04 PM
This ciddie is burning with an awesome power!

Shlup
12-14-2013, 09:08 PM
That video was great. I love how the director told them they all suck. Heh.

When I was in Tokyo they kept playing a toothpaste commercial or something with the chick who plays Sailor Moon. BJ kept insisting I just think all Asian people look alike, the asshole.

I've binged on Sailor Moon lately, because this is my first time watching it, and I'm hooked! I finished Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R, then the '93 movie. I'm starting Sailor Moon S now...

Does it go downhill at any point?

Also, are any of the games good?
I don't think it goes downhill, but then again I'm easy to please. I think S is the least popular season though.

And I think the games are quite good. I play the heart battle game fairly regularly.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-15-2013, 06:54 AM
I'm satisfied with my Mercury set but in hindsight Fiore would have been a pretty cool choice as well.

Jinx
12-15-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm satisfied with my Mercury set but in hindsight Fiore would have been a pretty cool choice as well.

Yeah, I'm thinking Black Lady would've been a cool one to go with as well.

Ayen
12-15-2013, 01:05 PM

Fiore. The one person in all the land who knew Usagi was Sailor Moon just by looking at her.

Jinx
12-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I don't care for Fiore, but he gets mad propz for that.

Ayen
12-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Clark Kent: Hello, Fiore.
Fiore: Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me.

Marshall Banana
12-18-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm nearly finished with Sailor Moon S!

PINK SUGAR HEART ATTACK!

noxious.sunshine
12-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Ooo speaking of.. I started re-watching Sailor Moon in English... The seasons that got dubbed, that is.

And then Ill go back and watch the japanese version.

Fuzakeru
12-18-2013, 09:13 PM
I found the second Sailor Moon movie on Youtube to watch but had to stop when I found it in Japanese. I tend to prefer the subs but there's just something about Luna's voice that resonates with me so well.

Perhaps it is just nostalgia but I love all of their English voices.

noxious.sunshine
12-19-2013, 12:17 AM
Me too, except for whoeverdafuq they got to voice Serena that last season ... That was -horrible-.

I much prefer the 1st season voice of Serena, but I grew to like the main person who did her voice.

DMKA
12-19-2013, 03:42 AM
My love for Sailor Moon is undying. I own every single episode and movie on DVD, even the Super S TV Specials, the Sailor Moon R "MAKE UP!" pre-film special, Crybaby Usagi's Love Diary, Amy's First Love, and the rare R swimsuit episode where Chibiusa rides a baby Lochness monster.

WHERE ARE MY BLU RAYS TOEI!?!?

I'm so anxious for the new series. I can't wait to see what it looks like, or what it's actually about. Apparently it will be it's own independent series, not a remake of the original series. I hope it's darker and grittier, closer to the manga, where Sailor Moon and friends just go around slaughtering dark minions...none of this "healing" fluff.

Although, healing fluff is fine too. :<3:

Oh, and in case you were wondering, Venus is the best soldier. She requires no Luna Pen.

http://media.tumblr.com/e8dc6a08aaf9b047994131afb62f225b/tumblr_inline_mss4fh3ipo1qiw26m.png

Pumpkin
12-19-2013, 03:55 AM
I just finished re-watching the series a few months ago. I like Sailor Moon a lot. Saturn is my favorite. It's a shame that she isn't around more.

noxious.sunshine
12-19-2013, 03:58 AM
What are these special things you speak of!? I need to know!

Or better yet... -WHERE- do I get them?

Shlup
12-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Me too, except for whoeverdafuq they got to voice Serena that last season ... That was -horrible-.

I much prefer the 1st season voice of Serena, but I grew to like the main person who did her voice.

Oh god, what happened to her voice acting in the last English season? Ugh.

noxious.sunshine
12-19-2013, 08:41 PM
The original actress recorded a few episodes, but not in order, so they brought in Terri Hawkes (who did Serena for the rest of season 1 and all of season 2), then Terri Hawkes got knocked up and decided to quit 'cuz she wanted to be a mom so they brought in that crap last woman for the rest of the English dub.

Ayen
12-19-2013, 08:43 PM
She had big shoes to fill but I thought she eventually came into her own before the end.

Minami
12-20-2013, 11:38 PM
I looove Sailor Moon! But i've only seen the first two? series i think. I saw up until the end of the Pink lady episodes because that's all that was shown here that i remember. I have read and own all the manga though and have watched the live action.

Needless to say i'm pretty excited abut the new version of the anime

Jinx
12-20-2013, 11:43 PM
I kind of like the new artwork. It's more manga-ish.

Has anyone heard word of when it's being released?

Shlup
12-20-2013, 11:47 PM
What new artwork? All I keep seeing is fucking over-priced merch.

Jinx
12-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Oopsie! I think it was fan-art!

Ayen
12-20-2013, 11:55 PM
No new artwork has been released to my knowledge. It was supposed to come out Summer 2012 but now it's looking to be Winter 2014. I think January is the month now but I'm not 100% on that.

It's never going to be released. It's just going to keep being pushed back until either Pluto becomes a planet again or it's all scraped 8D

Shlup
12-20-2013, 11:59 PM
Yeah, last news I heard was this winter. Though I really, really doubt it's actually going to show up anytime soon. More like never.

Sailor Moon is turning me into a pessimist. I WANT IT NOW!

DMKA
12-21-2013, 01:32 AM
Yeah, last news I heard was this winter. Though I really, really doubt it's actually going to show up anytime soon. More like never.

Sailor Moon is turning me into a pessimist. I WANT IT NOW!
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The fact that there's been zero news updates, zero ad promotion, zero artwork, zero anything, makes me rather skeptical that it will happen...EVER, much less in the next year.

But, stranger things have happened.

Ayen
12-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Japan tends to hoard these things to themselves until like a month before it airs or sooner before they show previews to my knowledge, since they don't do spoilers in the same way we do here in the West. The only indication that work is even being done on it at all is the merchandise that's being made.

Shlup
12-21-2013, 08:09 PM
They don't do spoilers the same way we do in the west?? Every episode of Sailor Moon is like "In this episode, you're going to find out the talisman's were inside the outer senshi the whole time!"

Japan makes no fucking sense sometimes.

Ayen
12-21-2013, 08:12 PM
They don't do spoilers the same way we do in the west?? Every episode of Sailor Moon is like "In this episode, you're going to find out the talisman's were inside the outer senshi the whole time!"

Japan makes no smurfing sense sometimes.

Was that in the original anime or something the dub pinned on? Either way I'm talking more before their whole seasonal lineup is airing not before. I don't pretend to make sense out of it I just read.

noxious.sunshine
12-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Dooooooont caaaarrreeee hooowww..... I WANT IT NOW!

Fuzakeru
12-22-2013, 06:32 PM

Shlup
12-23-2013, 12:34 AM

Was that in the original anime or something the dub pinned on? Either way I'm talking more before their whole seasonal lineup is airing not before. I don't pretend to make sense out of it I just read.

The original anime. They spend like the whole season trying to find the talismans and then it's like "NEXT TIME ON SAILOR MOON: The talismans were inside Uranus and Neptune!" And the title is: "Uranus and Neptune Release the Talismans They Were Looking for the Whole Time from Inside Their Torsos!"

Not over exaggerating. It's fucking weird.

It's a Japanese thing though. Like my friend thought it hilarious that his Japanese teacher would always preface a joke by saying "I'm going to make a joke now."

Ayen
12-23-2013, 12:55 AM

The original anime. They spend like the whole season trying to find the talismans and then it's like "NEXT TIME ON SAILOR MOON: The talismans were inside Uranus and Neptune!" And the title is: "Uranus and Neptune Release the Talismans They Were Looking for the Whole Time from Inside Their Torsos!"

Not over exaggerating. It's smurfing weird.

It's a Japanese thing though. Like my friend thought it hilarious that his Japanese teacher would always preface a joke by saying "I'm going to make a joke now."

I'm using that preface every time I make a joke on the internet now.

noxious.sunshine
12-23-2013, 07:15 PM
hahahaha

jokes!

I wanna fancy sig like Auly, Jinx, & Fuza ! ;;_;

noxious.sunshine
12-27-2013, 05:38 PM
UPDATE:

Sailor Moon anniversary tribute album is now available for e-morder!!

Damnit. Pre-Order.

Marshall Banana
12-30-2013, 08:32 AM
I started the final season tonight (Sailor Stars). I like each season I've watched so far, although I have noticed that the show is getting weirder...and dirtier. I mean, Chibi Usa is in love with a boy-unicorn, and, for a while, there was at least one sexual assault per episode. :stare:

Anyway, I really want a Sailor Moon costume now. :whimper:

Shlup
12-30-2013, 08:42 AM
I'd get down with a unicorn.

Marshall Banana
12-30-2013, 09:29 AM
So, that's where she gets it from. :expee:

By the way, Super Sailor Moon's gotta be my favorite form.

TOO CUTE!

Jinx
12-30-2013, 01:59 PM
I think Eternal Sailor Moon's outfit is weird. It adds black and yellow and it looks like she's going to a fiesta.

Pumpkin
12-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Yeah I don't like Eternal Sailor Moon's outfit at all.

LunarWeaver
12-30-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm excited for a reboot. It was a huge part of my childhood. I can still whistle the dub music for Sailor Moon's transformation sequence after all these years without needing to hear it again. It has taken a permanent place in my brain. I still count on my fingers because I can't do math in my head. My brain has priorities.

I binge watched PGSM with my boyfriend once (we're children). Venus' transformation in that show sent me into a state of euphoria no heroine addict will ever know.

PGSM transformation Venus-minako - Vidéo Dailymotion (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4q2m3_pgsm-transformation-venus-minako_news)

Ayen
12-30-2013, 05:16 PM
I third the Eternal outfit. I think it looks much better in the manga, if I'm remembering right, but the anime version was terrible. Super Sailor Moon has always been my favorite. The colors go together much better.

Shlup
12-31-2013, 03:33 AM
Yeah, I like the eternal outfit in the manga, but it's still my least favorite. I go back and forth on whether I prefer the classic fuku or super, but the cosmic heart compact is my favorite.

Speaking of which, this cake is amazing:

http://cdnpix.com/show/124271270937799613_qlbQlGIg_c.jpg

noxious.sunshine
01-01-2014, 10:22 PM
hahaha Parker has a blue pen with a glittery blue star on the cap and she was running around yelling "MERCURY POWER!"

... So stinking cute.

Marshall Banana
01-03-2014, 04:21 AM
HsX0VHMw_Z8

:jess:

Jessweeee♪
01-03-2014, 05:16 AM
I think if it weren't for the pink poofy princess shoulders the Eternal costume would look nicer.

Jinx
01-03-2014, 05:32 AM
Holy crap, I just realized how much better the music from the dub is.

noxious.sunshine
01-05-2014, 09:26 PM
ooooo it is better in the dub!

Shlup
01-06-2014, 10:08 PM
I've never heard anyone say that before in my entire life.

Marshall Banana
01-07-2014, 06:02 AM
Here are the transformations in the English dub, for reference.

0t5tFglSGa8

Eh, I think the original is better.

noxious.sunshine
01-07-2014, 02:41 PM
I only like the 2nd one in the English Dub...

The rest of those are the same as the original, no? Im probz wrong...

EDIT:

DnkxOqMfxt0

The best SM theme song, IMO. XD Just such good feels all around!

Also just read on facebook that a symphony concert is coming up and Momoiro Clover Z will be performing along with some other people . Sooo hopefully in February?>>

Shlup
01-08-2014, 08:51 AM
That intro is beautiful.

Shlup
01-10-2014, 03:02 AM
The premiere of the new series has officially been announced as this coming July! 1/10 - New Sailor Moon Anime Hits Niconico Douga in July! - niconico info (http://blog.nicovideo.jp/en_info/2014/01/post-043885.html)

If they push it back again, well, they've already learned what America will do to them when you piss us off...

Black Magic Shopkeeper
01-10-2014, 04:19 AM
....July....
*sigh*
These guys are being like Nintendo with Flipnote 3d and Pokemon Bank. "Whoops sorry guys you have to wait another century! Instert excuse for delay here!"
Except these guys aren't even giving a reason, are they?

noxious.sunshine
01-10-2014, 05:14 AM
I just read that too! -_-;;;

So disappointed, but at least there's a set date now!

Black Magic Shopkeeper
01-10-2014, 05:33 AM
Yeah!
There's that.
They actually HAVE a set date!

Ayen
01-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Well, they did want it to debut in the summer last year. Makes sense.

Jinx
01-10-2014, 01:59 PM
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK

Oh well, I guess we can do a Sailor Moon thing again in the summer! ;D

01-10-2014, 02:22 PM
The premiere of the new series has officially been announced as this coming July! 1/10 - New Sailor Moon Anime Hits Niconico Douga in July! - niconico info (http://blog.nicovideo.jp/en_info/2014/01/post-043885.html)

If they push it back again, well, they've already learned what America will do to them when you piss us off...

FINALLY! But now I have to wait 6 more months *cuts self*

Shlup
02-16-2014, 02:03 AM
The Tommy Heavenly cover of La Soldier on the new album is fabulous.

BDbb8Qy8kDg

Sephiroth
02-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Most of you won't understand this version but as far as I am informed, the official opening in other languages was never like this and this was the very first opening of Sailor Moon in German. For me personally as a child and nowadays it is just awesome and I would like to know what you think about it. The song. That video is just a youtube video, of course.

Sailor Moon Soundtrack Sag das Zauberwort - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac1RxeK5OIk)

This was the full version. Here is the official opening with its video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D4Uap579BE

Mirage
02-18-2014, 08:06 PM
wow that is... i wouldn't call it good :p

Then again, the original isn't exactly the best thing ever either :p. Guess I just wasn't raised on enough sailor moon

Shauna
02-18-2014, 09:34 PM
I went and merged your thread with the existing Sailor Moon thread. Feel free to discuss the opening here! :}

Jinx
02-19-2014, 04:11 PM
I like the music, but it'd be better if it wasn't in German. No offense, but I think it's a horrifyingly ugly language. xD

Mirage
02-19-2014, 04:15 PM
german is way cool, :(

no matter what you say, it sounds like you are swearing!

noxious.sunshine
02-21-2014, 11:41 PM
I love the German theme!! hehe. I posted it tooo!

the 2nd German theme is awful though.

Sephiroth
02-22-2014, 12:16 AM
I love the German theme!! hehe. I posted it tooo!

the 2nd German theme is awful though.

That one? I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swBAsCwrjl4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsszu-BC3do)

Shlup
02-22-2014, 01:25 AM
Oh wow that's bad.

Sephiroth
02-22-2014, 01:26 AM
Oh wow that's bad.

Which? Both?

noxious.sunshine
02-22-2014, 10:56 AM
the 2nd one sucks

Sephiroth
02-22-2014, 12:38 PM
the 2nd one sucks

That is just a preference thing. I like none of the English ones and English is a language I like, they just sound so lame to me.

Shauna
02-22-2014, 02:54 PM
I don't think anyone would argue that the English ones are anything but lame. xD That's the reason I love it to death.

Marshall Banana
03-14-2014, 04:14 AM
There's been a new development about the upcoming reboot. Apparently, it will be called Sailor Moon Crystal.

Also, apparently, this is a promo image that someone uncovered (I don't think it was officially released, but instead was found in a directory on the official site):

Link: http://sailormoon-official.com/img/animation/anime.png

More info: Sailor Moon Crystal Leak Translation - Miss Dream (http://missdream.org/sailor-moon-crystal-leak-translation/)

Edit: So much hair...

03-14-2014, 07:05 PM
MB beat me to it!

So the synopsis says it going to be a reboot! :D

Also, there is a countdown for 8 days from today? :O?

Shauna
03-14-2014, 07:07 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

noxious.sunshine
03-14-2014, 07:32 PM
EEEEEEKKKK!!! I'm so excited!!

I just hope my little girl will be up here with me when it streams so that we can watch it together.. She loves Sailor Moon and sometimes asks to watch it in Japanese!

Sephiroth
03-14-2014, 09:25 PM
Sailor Moon OST - Verwandlung #1 - Theme - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TVMSM8xTmo)

Shlup
03-14-2014, 09:37 PM
IT'S SO PRETTY

[there was a happy dancing gif here dammit]

noxious.sunshine
03-15-2014, 12:23 AM
What the hell, Shlup? lol

Ayen
03-15-2014, 02:21 AM
Oh smurf the hell yes!

DMKA
03-16-2014, 12:50 AM
Wow, it looks, a lot more...mature in art style, like the manga. I can't wait to see what the transformations look like. I also hope they use more of the manga attacks this time around that they completely ignored for whatever reason in the original anime.

Ayen
03-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Wow, it looks, a lot more...mature in art style, like the manga. I can't wait to see what the transformations look like. I also hope they use more of the manga attacks this time around that they completely ignored for whatever reason in the original anime.

The anime was being made at the same time the manga was being produced, that's what caused a lot of the changes. The Doom Tree Arc came about because the anime had to wait for the manga to catch up.

Aulayna
04-14-2014, 12:31 AM
There's been a new development about the upcoming reboot. Apparently, it will be called Sailor Moon Crystal.

Also, apparently, this is a promo image that someone uncovered (I don't think it was officially released, but instead was found in a directory on the official site):

Link: http://sailormoon-official.com/img/animation/anime.png

More info: Sailor Moon Crystal Leak Translation - Miss Dream (http://missdream.org/sailor-moon-crystal-leak-translation/)

Edit: So much hair...

I only just saw this. I need it in my life nao.

Wolf Kanno
04-15-2014, 05:28 AM
I like the fact the design looks closer to the manga 52947

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-19-2014, 09:09 PM

Ayen
04-19-2014, 09:23 PM
It's been said the new anime was going to follow the manga more closely and the artwork would seem to be indicative of that. I'm wondering how closely, though. I can't see them being able to pull off the Hellsing Ultimate/Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood thing as well because the manga's pacing is quick and I can't see a twenty minute episode coming out of it if they followed it frame by frame.

Shorty
04-19-2014, 10:11 PM

I do not approve. :colbert:

Shorty
04-19-2014, 10:11 PM
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii325/demosthynes/egg10_zps9d743317.gif

Pumpkin
04-19-2014, 10:17 PM
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii325/demosthynes/egg10_zps9d743317.gif

Look an egg

Tavrobel
04-20-2014, 01:27 AM
I do not approve. :colbert:

Yeah, she doesn't even follow the naming convention for extra-stellar Soldiers!

If you want to hear some more news about the new series:
Sailor Moon's April 27 Live-Streamed Event to Unveil New Anime Cast - News - Anime News Network (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-18/sailor-moon-april-27-live-streamed-event-to-unveil-cast)

noxious.sunshine
04-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Megan Fox Wants to Star in a Live-Action Sailor Moon Movie | The Escapist (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133690-Megan-Fox-Wants-to-Star-in-a-Live-Action-Sailor-Moon-Movie)

Caught this over in TLS and thought I'd share it here.

I also thought about making a thread, but nah.

Shorty
04-22-2014, 04:23 PM
ITS ALL THOSE GOD DAMN MICHAEL BAY ACTION MOVIES GOING TO HER HEAD

Jinx
04-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Who would she be? Beryl? She definitely does not have a heroine look.

noxious.sunshine
04-22-2014, 07:35 PM
She could pull off Mars!

Hey, respect though. She mentioned Gundam Wing .

It struck me as odd that she wondered how popular SM was, but not for GW... Unless I read/interpreted that wrong.

I once read a thing about actresses who could be the scouts and stuff and someone suggested Mischa Barton for Sailor Moon.

...... Just. No.

Aulayna
04-24-2014, 02:16 AM
I'd be very sad if Mega Fox got cast in it. I was already pretty sad to see her as April in the upcoming Turtles film. I don't think she's a very good actress.

Tavrobel
04-27-2014, 08:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UO7XQjN.jpg

The website was recently updated (http://sailormoon-official.com/animation/characters/moon.php) with new character art. We also know who the voice actresses are. From what I was told, the series is starting July 5th, 2 episodes per month. The new stuff will follow the manga much more closely, and is an ONA (released one-by-one over the internet instead of aired on TV).

JUPITER WON'T LOSE HER WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Freya
04-27-2014, 09:13 PM
I remember really enjoying the series when I was a kid. I tried to watch it again recently since everyone is all "YAY SAILOR MOON" ya know cause of the new one, anyway, I couldn't make it through the first episode. Although it was the english dub soooo

I'm excited to see a new version though.

Tavrobel
04-27-2014, 09:20 PM
Although it was the english dub soooo

The first episode in Japanese isn't exactly better than the dub. It just has more scenes that make that episode make more sense.

If you didn't like the first episode at all, you probably won't like most of the other 199 episodes.

Shlup
04-28-2014, 10:31 AM
They look so pretty! I hope they give Venus her sword.

Ayen
04-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Don't worry about Megan Fox starring in a Sailor Moon movie. Naoko will never sell the rights.

The new character models look fantastic.

maybee
04-28-2014, 03:20 PM
I'd be very sad if Mega Fox got cast in it. I was already pretty sad to see her as April in the upcoming Turtles film. I don't think she's a very good actress.

This

She's also vain as shit.

maybee
04-28-2014, 03:26 PM

This

She's also vain as trout.

ITS ALL THOSE GOD DAMN MICHAEL BAY ACTION MOVIES GOING TO HER HEAD

Picture it now. Megan Fox as Sailor Moon. Moon is wearing a white see- through top, and short blue skirt that shows her undies when she bends over, and long white socks, and high-heels.

Moon is trying to fix a car, that a giant robot destroyed, summoned by Beryl. She bends over, while Tuxedo comes over and sees her everything. Tuxedo cracks a joke about what a hottie she is and how he'll love to get into that.

Moon overhears, and giggles, while the robot returns and Tuxedo shoots it down with a giant bazooka.

Shlup
04-28-2014, 11:00 PM
I'm down for that.

Aulayna
04-29-2014, 03:12 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/disney-heroines-re-imagined-as-sailor-moon-characters

I just need the legs and then that Rapunzel would totally be a cosplay.

Jinx
04-29-2014, 03:22 PM
I LOVE THIS!

I also love that they used the classic Cinderella colors instead of the weird bullshit they use now.

Tavrobel
04-29-2014, 10:16 PM
It's funny because Anastasia isn't Disney.

The Alice and Ariel ones seem fine, but the others (especially Giselle) are completely missing the mark on the fuku.

Freya
04-30-2014, 01:09 AM
Those disney sailors are awesome!

This amused me. I thought i'd share.

http://i.imgur.com/KoyDO1u.png

noxious.sunshine
04-30-2014, 03:15 AM
I'm so glad it's starting July 5th - wish it were a bit sooner. .. Parker will be here, though, so we'll get to watch it together!

She'll be sooooo excited when I tell her!

Shlup
04-30-2014, 08:39 AM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/disney-heroines-re-imagined-as-sailor-moon-characters

I just need the legs and then that Rapunzel would totally be a cosplay.
Oo, there are new ones I hadn't seen!

It's funny because Anastasia isn't Disney.

The Alice and Ariel ones seem fine, but the others (especially Giselle) are completely missing the mark on the fuku.
Notice Anastasia's doesn't use the Disney font.

And I think they're all quite good!

Marshall Banana
05-06-2014, 05:40 AM
Woo! I'm digging the new art. It's time for a Sailor Moon avatar!

DMKA
05-17-2014, 03:56 AM
So in addition to this new series, they've also announced today that they're releasing all 200 episodes of the original Sailor Moon/R/S/Super S/Stars anime on blu-ray, completely remastered, and with a brand new English dub (which I totally cannot believe). It will also be available to watch on Hulu starting May 19th.

Trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWPyM9afQ-w)

http://www.viz.com/sailormoon

I'm so pumped. I never thought they'd redub Sailor Moon or release it in HD. Jesus Christ all my weeaboo dreams are coming true.:excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

noxious.sunshine
05-17-2014, 08:41 AM
OMG SHUT UP.

Ordering!

Are they going to use the original Sailor Moon English actresses? What about Sailor Moon? They went through 3 diff ladies for her throughout the seasons they originally dubbed in English...

I can't find any info on that though ;_;

Shauna
05-17-2014, 11:25 AM
That's cool, but part of the charm of the English dub was how lame and campy it was! This will make it legit, which is good and all... but it's no Sailor Says.

Jinx
05-17-2014, 02:27 PM
I wonder if they'll dub Sailor Stars now!

Tavrobel
05-17-2014, 07:02 PM
I wonder if they'll dub Sailor Stars now!
It's a completely new dub (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-05-16/viz-licenses-original-sailor-moon-anime-franchise#WrYxqHFpMuASIJOA.01), and the first four episodes will be available on the 19th. That means that they will eventually dub Sailor Stars ("first North American release"). The content is uncut (4:3), uses original names (and relationships), and you get two more episodes per week (out of 200).

Translation: the series won't finish for another two years.

Very translation: the series will finish in time for Christmas 2015!

Are they going to use the original Sailor Moon English actresses? What about Sailor Moon? They went through 3 diff ladies for her throughout the seasons they originally dubbed in English...
This article (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2014-05-16/exclusive/viz-media-charlene-ingram-and-josh-lopez-on-sailor-moon) is an interview with Viz (official subs), and the article includes some screenshot comparisons of each release.

tl;dr they have some of the original voice actresses in-house at the office, but there's no confirmation on who is doing what until Monday.

EDIT: While you wait, enjoy this fanart (http://imgur.com/a/2MiBI).

Shlup
05-19-2014, 10:55 AM
OMG SHUT UP.

Ordering!

I can't find any info on that though ;_;

From the trailer, it didn't sound like it. She sounded stupid. Which is to say that she didn't sound stupid enough because the original ridiculous dub voice was fabulous.

noxious.sunshine
05-19-2014, 04:28 PM
I told my Parker about all of this last night.

She's SOOOO excited!

Aulayna
05-19-2014, 11:33 PM
First 4 episodes are up.

http://www.viz.com/anime/streaming/sailor-moon

Shauna
05-20-2014, 06:01 PM
Ugh how do i watch in uk ;_;

Aulayna
05-20-2014, 06:06 PM
Ugh how do i watch in uk ;_;

https://hola.org/

Shauna
05-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Thanks!

Although, it's the Japanese with English dub, which I have already acquired. I thought this was the dub already. xD

Tavrobel
05-20-2014, 06:33 PM
I thought this was the dub already. xD

Not until July. The dub premieres at Anime Expo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailor_Moon_(English_adaptations)).

#rekt
#tyrannosaurusrekt
#hotelrektwanda

Shauna
05-20-2014, 07:08 PM
I got too excited.

Jinx
05-20-2014, 07:10 PM
I got too excited.

Newmani
05-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Is this about the manga or the anime? If it's the manga I'll be real happy, cause I know they were doing a re-translation of it, but if it's the anime I want the heck out of here. ._.

Tavrobel
05-20-2014, 07:19 PM
I got too excited.

Those hashtags were the universe's reaction to our shared emotions.

Is this about the manga or the anime? If it's the manga I'll be real happy, cause I know they were doing a re-translation of it, but if it's the anime I want the heck out of here. ._.

The last twenty or so posts have been about the re-release of the 1990s anime, but I haven't heard of a re-release of the original manga (the last print was 2011). The NEW anime will be more faithful to the manga. We think. Maybe. Possibly.

Shauna
05-20-2014, 07:21 PM
The manga certainly was re-released in the UK over the past few years. I have it all!

Newmani
05-20-2014, 07:22 PM
The last twenty or so posts have been about the re-release of the 1990s anime, but I haven't heard of a re-release of the original manga. The NEW anime will be more faithful to the manga. We think. Maybe. Possibly.

Oh.

Well I hope! That old anime is a tidal wave of cheese and ham. They took an epic space opera and made it worse than a B movie.

Tavrobel
05-20-2014, 07:25 PM
Well I hope! That old anime is a tidal wave of cheese and ham. They took an epic space opera and made it worse than a B movie.

That's pretty par for the course when it comes to 1990s anime, though.

WHY ARE PEOPLE RESPONDING TO ME BEFORE I MAKE MY CLARIFYING EDITS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Newmani
05-20-2014, 07:26 PM

That's pretty par for the course when it comes to 1990s anime, though.

WHY ARE PEOPLE RESPONDING TO ME BEFORE I MAKE MY CLARIFYING EDITS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm sorry I didn't know you were making one. ._.

Tavrobel
05-20-2014, 07:27 PM
I'm sorry I didn't know you were making one. ._.

That was more directed at Shauna.

Shauna
05-20-2014, 07:30 PM
:shobon: