PDA

View Full Version : No PS4 thread yet? :0

Pete for President
11-16-2013, 04:51 AM
Did you follow the NA launch? Was it exciting? Who got one? If yes, what games? Are they good?

Discuss and such!

Del Murder
11-16-2013, 06:01 AM
Yeah I was gonna post this but I wondered how many people here even got one.

I will get one eventually but I'm not a launch kind of guy.

Freya
11-16-2013, 06:05 AM
Yeah I'm going to wait for 3 reasons:

More games to actually play
Less bugs and tech issues
Cheaper

By the time I can afford one those will all be true!

drotato
11-16-2013, 07:09 AM
I know my roommate was going to get one in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure who all actually bought one, but our Gamestop across the street was having a huge opening for it and not a lot of people showed up. xD

NeoCracker
11-16-2013, 08:01 AM
I have mine, and I didn't make a thread because I"m busy playing Knack. :p

Killzone was pretty meh, though if you like Killzone it's more of that, so you won't be dissapointed!

Knack is a lot of fun and very charming.

I also have Resogun and Contrast, two indie games that were free for anyone with PS+, though I haven't touched them yet. Going to clear out Knack first.

Controller takes a bit of getting use to, but it's pretty handy. The touch screen worked well for what it was needed for in Killzone at least.

Jessweeee♪
11-16-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm waiting because

Money
what games would I even play on it right now
what if we have another RROD situation with any of these new consoles?

Elskidor
11-16-2013, 08:30 AM
PS4? Has PS3 even been released yet?

Psychotic
11-16-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm waiting because

Money
what games would I even play on it right now
what if we have another RROD situation with any of these new consoles?All of these.

It'll be well into 2014 at the earliest when I get one.

Pike
11-16-2013, 10:18 AM
Some poor sap camped out all night, in 20 below freezing weather, at our store just to snag one of these at 8am. That is some serious devotion that I lack. I have done vidya midnight releases before though, I'll confess

Shauna
11-16-2013, 10:54 AM
I have done vidya midnight releases before though, I'll confess

I kinda want to go to a midnight launch for a game. Unfortunately, the only games that get midnight launches at my local gaming establishment are FIFA and Call of Duty. :(

...Oh. On topic. Yeah, the PS4 isn't here yet. Although, we won't be getting one for a ~while~.

Mirage
11-16-2013, 01:40 PM
I'll get it when there are some must-have games for me for it. I could afford one anytime, but I just don't see the point yet.

Slothy
11-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Controller takes a bit of getting use to, but it's pretty handy.

I don't have a PS4 for all of the same reasons others are saying, but I did try out the controller at EB Games the other day and it might be the most comfortable controller I've ever held.

Nicolas
11-16-2013, 02:42 PM
I got mine in on Tuesday, and it's been pretty nice so far. Any issue, besides the normal network overload issues, that people have been having hasn't affected me at all. It's a pretty nice system.

Just like Keanu, I have Knack and Killzone. Both are pretty games but nothing outstanding. Thanks to crossbuying, Flower and Sound Shapes work great on there. PS+ gave me Resogun and Contrast, the latter of which I still have to try out. Out of the 3 F2P games at launch, I've downloaded Warframe and Blacklight:Retribution. Warframe is fun for a F2P. Blacklight just hasn't worked at all thanks to their servers.

The controller is weird at first but it feels great after a while. The system is nice, sleek, and probably my favorite in terms of pure aesthetics.

Now, much like the WiiU, the wait for games begins.

Elskidor
11-16-2013, 03:16 PM
I got a PS3 in 2008, and for as little use as I've given it until recently I easily coulda have waited a few years. I'll wait on a PS4 a few years in, or until FFXV comes out...although I suspect that won't be until 2015 or 2016.

Hollycat
11-16-2013, 04:59 PM
If anyone cares, I put up an unboxing thread of the PS4 in general gaming.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-16-2013, 06:39 PM
I'll probably get the PS4 in a year or so. I will say that I absolutely love what I've seen of Resogun, though. I really want to play it. Contrast looks pretty awesome too. I also went to see how Flower plays on the PS4 with the new controller.

Other than that, Knack is the only game that really interests me right now.

Bolivar
11-16-2013, 06:57 PM
I atended my first midnight console launch... online. I had a hunch Amazon would post some after midnight and a few minutes in they did. I one-click ordered afraid they would run out so I'm crossing state lines later today to pick it up at my grandparents house. I ordered Killzone with it and will probably pick up a controller and either Lego Marvel or Need for Speed Rivals so we can couch it up (does nfs evn have that?). I have Ghosts so I'll upgrade tonight for $10 (I think they're giving out $10 psn vouchers so....). I'll also check out the free to play games, I already tried Warframe on Steam, that game is hella good and I'll see if I can make a character in DC Universe Online. Lots to do!

Casey
11-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Yeah I'm going to wait for 3 reasons:

More games to actually play
Less bugs and tech issues
Cheaper

By the time I can afford one those will all be true!

Same here.

Polnareff
11-17-2013, 03:41 PM
My goal is to get a PS4 by the end of January. I'd have done the midnight launch thing if my mom hadn't lost her job. But when I get one, I'll get PS Plus and Knack.

Mirage
11-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Sometime in january or february sounds good to me as well. My birthday is the 28th of february, so maybe that's a good time to get it.

NeoCracker
11-18-2013, 03:59 AM
I will say Knack is one of those games that I think will be remembered well even late into the PS4's life. Not remembered wonderfully, but as a fun, well made, and pretty sweet looking game.

A good game to start off the new life of the a system.

black orb
11-22-2013, 06:26 AM
>>> No thanks..
If Sony has taught me something, that is always wait for the slim version..:luca:

Mirage
11-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Why? My fat PS3 still works flawlessly.

Bolivar
11-22-2013, 03:21 PM
I'm thinking orb means the form factor, price, and library are much more attractive by then.

But I have to admit, every original PlayStation I've owned eventually fails and I've replaced all of them. With the PS4, it actually happened right out of the box this time. Apparently amazon git a bad shipment, so mine's off to repairland at the moment.

Mirage
11-22-2013, 03:35 PM
I currently have a working PS, fat PS2, and of course a PS3 from somewhere around late 2007. The PS2 was replaced about a year after I got it because some DVD read error issues, but it's still like 10-11 years old. Also, it is having a bit of trouble reading discs now, but it's mostly fine. I could replace the laser and it'd be good as new!

THe PS3 however, is showing no signs of aging yet. I don't expect it will anytime soon either, considering the most actively used mechanical part of it (the HDD) is easily replacable by end users, and it's also cheap to do so!

Scotty_ffgamer
11-22-2013, 04:12 PM
My fat PS3 worked flawlessly until one day it just stopped working randomly. It is the only system I've had to replace (though my brother did buy my 360 and it stopped working like a week after he bought it from me. I hadn't had it for very long at that point, either. We're pretty sure my niece did something to mess it up, though.)

That being said, I still kind of wish I had waited on my PS3 just for price reasons. Really, all I played on it was Metal Gear Solid 4 (which is why I bought it) and PS1/2 games for probably a year after that. I'll wait for the PS4 probably, but I'll mainly just be waiting for more games. Right now, Resogun is the only one that interests me.

Mirage
11-22-2013, 04:37 PM
I got my PS3 for MGS4 too. Actually, the game came bundled with my console. It was like $400 for the whole thing. A decent price, I though. I don't regret buying it when I did, although it has had some dry spells since then and now. Now, however, I have a very huge amount of fun games for it, and PSN+ is a goldmine.

Bolivar
11-22-2013, 04:51 PM
I got a refurb 60gb for $299 at the end of 2007, the ones with all the card readers and full BC, for GTA IV and MGS4 in the coming year. I played a lot of FFXII, MGS and even emulated SNES games on it since the PS3 had Linux back then, too. But since then I think they did a good job making new games for it. There's definitely alot more to play this time around on PS4.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-22-2013, 05:43 PM
For what its worth, I mainly didn't get more games because I didn't have the money for it. I love my PS3 now and have had a lot of fun with it over the years. I just wish I would have waited until I could better afford to own the system and get more games for it. I did get the PS3 bundled with MGS4 as well, but I thought it was still at least $500. I'm probably remembering wrong, though. That was a while ago. Either way, I didn't really have the money to throw down on a new console at the time.