PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out

Spooniest
11-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Do you tend to freak out easily?

Personally I freak out pretty regularly. The randomness and nonsense in the world these days has me pretty bewildered.

Pike
11-16-2013, 06:07 PM
I used to get bad panic attacks, usually in highly inconvenient situations (such as while driving)

The brain meds made them go away though! :kaocheer:

Hollycat
11-16-2013, 06:12 PM
I don't freak out, but I get nervous really easy, my extreme paranoia has made me believe all kinds of things, including at one point that there was a Mexican family in my attic that was listening to me sing and judging me. I'm being completely serious, and if this thread was in EoEo, I would still post that.

So instead of freaking out, when I have one of my paranoid moments, I get real quiet and usually have to go hide in a closet with the lights off or under a blanket or something.

noxious.sunshine
11-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Internally, yes.

I've learned to control how I act outwardly.

Nothing really shocks me anymore.

Spooniest
11-16-2013, 06:36 PM
If there's anything I've learned, it's that freaking out is not useful or worthwhile in the slightest. Just roll with it, I guess?

Elskidor
11-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Usually about bills and silly things I shouldn't worry about, because I'm easily covered when it comes to bills and even extra things that we may want to do or buy. It's not noticeable unless you know me well enough though.

Shlup
11-16-2013, 10:03 PM
I've been told I'm too calm.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-16-2013, 11:22 PM
I too have been told I am too calm. I don't tend to stress or bug out in adverse situations. I just kind of take everything in stride.

Except when I am getting my ass beat in Halo/CoD/other shooting game. Then I tend to curse and scream at my television.

Jinx
11-16-2013, 11:24 PM
I'm weird. I get worked up and have panic attacks/go on a bender about really stupid shit. The things that should matter to me and upset me don't.

/shrug

Agent Proto
11-16-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm pretty calm about most things, so i rarely ever freak out. Don't get me wrong, I freak out once in awhile, but just not very often.

fire_of_avalon
11-17-2013, 01:32 AM
I freak out a little bit about important things, like whether or not I'm stable enough to have a family someday, if my job is going to help me have the right balance in life to be happy, if I'm going to end up being a good, positive person.

I don't freak out even in high stress situations and I don't panic or go blank when weird or bad stuff happens. Then again I've never been mugged or robbed or anything like that.

Raistlin
11-17-2013, 02:06 AM
Contrary to my occasional antics on the forums, I almost never freak out in real life. The only times I can remember in my adult life were two breakups years ago.

Shorty
11-17-2013, 05:03 AM
I freak out over being in my head too much and over-analyzing a situation so much that I have to freak out about it, and then I have depressive "what am I doing with my life I'm never leaving this bed ever again except to get booze and ice cream" freakouts.

Aulayna
11-17-2013, 11:48 PM
I don't do wild flipping out and going insane. I certainly swear a lot and get a bit flustered at work though.

Faris
11-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Yes, especially when I'm doing something new involving new people.

Shaibana
11-21-2013, 12:16 PM
i managed to find a switch in my head to turn off the fucks i give.
i can be pretty careless about almost everything if i want.
i figured there is just no time in life to stress.

although i do freak out in my head sometimes a little about my boyfriend.
i dont want kids and neither does he.
but i know he only says no becaus i say it. he does want kids. and i am always afraid he might leave me one day becaus of that.

Araciel
11-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Nah man I'm too chill.

escobert
11-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Yes. I freak the fuck out. Throw shit and yell. Well only if its an object. If its a person making me mad ill just shutdown and ignore everything if I'm that pissed.

Loony BoB
11-22-2013, 09:39 AM
It's very difficult to get me to freak out. It just means that when I do, I feel like something is massively, hugely wrong with me and I struggle to fix it easily. Generally I'm a very calm person. Even when emotions are on the go, I'm still very much in control.

Shiny
11-23-2013, 06:00 AM
Yes, but because I internalize pretty much everything, my panic attacks manifest in to physical pain where I will get headaches or jaw aches.