PDA

View Full Version : Hot Chocolate

Aulayna
11-17-2013, 11:55 PM
Or hot cocoa. How do you like yours?

On it's own?

With some whipped cream on top?

With something else?

Also at my local coffee shop they are doing black forest hot chocolates right now, which is dark chocolate cocoa powder, whipped cream on top and drizzled in the jam the gets put in the cakes. It's incredibly unhealthy but tastes sickeningly amazing.

noxious.sunshine
11-18-2013, 01:12 AM
I buy Abuelita brand hot chocolate discs.
The box comes with 5 thick discs of chocolate that already has cinnamon & sugar added & "pre-scored" into wedges. I think one wedge is supposed to equal to 2 mugs of hot chocolate with the milk measurement, but I always add extra.

The discs are pretty much rock hard, though, so you kinda have to use a grater & grate it into shavings, or use a knife and grate it up that way.

And then you heat up the milk in a small pot, add the chocolate, and stir it until the chocolate melts & combines with the milk.

Sounds like a lot of work, but it isn't, and it's worth it. I do love adding a couple or 3 big puffy marshmallows on top and stirring them in to mix with the rest.... Soooooo yummy!!

Shorty
11-18-2013, 01:31 AM
With a shot of peppermint and whipped cream on top. Marshmallows as a secondary option.

Night Fury
11-18-2013, 02:27 AM
I prefer a mocha to a hot chocolate if I'm out, but I do love a caramel one, with marshmallows :) yuuum! And at Christmas, it naturally becomes salted caramel.

Jinx
11-18-2013, 02:30 AM
Denmark and I made a homemade mixture of different things to make a big batch of hot cocoa powder. I like mine with huge heaps of Cool Whip.

At the store there was a container of white chocolate hot chocolate mix. I'd love to try it, never had anything like that before!

LocoColt04
11-18-2013, 03:10 AM
Yes!

Cocoa with a dash of milk :3
And in December, peppermint cocoa is the way to go!

I don't typically go for all the extra sugar :doublecolbert:

Psychotic
11-18-2013, 07:22 AM
I actually do not like it at all! This is coming from someone with a chocolate addiction and a sweet tooth the size of Nebraska, but even the smell of it makes me gag a little.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-18-2013, 08:34 AM
I love hot chocolate with little marshmallows. It's the perfect winter drink, especially on those nights where you stay up late talking to someone sitting next to the Christmas tree.

Night Fury
11-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Well, I know I'm putting hot chocolate and marshmallows into my shopping basket today. Goddamn you Aulayna I'm meant to be being healthy you FIEND.

Rantz
11-18-2013, 10:11 AM
I love hot chocolate but it has to be a huge mug and it has to be made on milk and with cream and afterwards I basically want to feel like I'm having a heart attack.

Aulayna
11-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Well, I know I'm putting hot chocolate and marshmallows into my shopping basket today. Goddamn you Aulayna I'm meant to be being healthy you FIEND.

I know, I know. If I'm ruining my own healthiness I'm dragging you all down with me!

Loony BoB
11-18-2013, 12:28 PM
I like the kinds that are borderline melted chocolate sundaes. >=] Whipped cream, marshmallows I can live without really, but definitely little chunks of chocolate inside them and perhaps hot chocolate sauce on the cream too. And maybe some kind of blob of melted ice cream dunked into it beforehand. Seriously I want it to be as rich and heavenly as possible. xD The ones from restaurants and cafes are always so much better than anything I have at home.

Chris
11-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Yeah, no. :barf:

Aulayna
11-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Yeah, no. :barf:

You're trying too hard now.

Chris
11-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Drinkable, but only if it is made with real chocolate. That powder trout is horrible. :(

Minami
11-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Or hot cocoa. How do you like yours?

Also at my local coffee shop they are doing black forest hot chocolates right now, which is dark chocolate cocoa powder, whipped cream on top and drizzled in the jam the gets put in the cakes. It's incredibly unhealthy but tastes sickeningly amazing.

I tried that Black forest hot chocolate today. It was sooooo good!

fire_of_avalon
11-19-2013, 01:43 AM
I don't drink coffee so hot chocolates are still my go-to drink to get warmed up when it's cold out. Brrrryum.

Night Fury
11-19-2013, 02:56 AM

I know, I know. If I'm ruining my own healthiness I'm dragging you all down with me!

You know what hot chocolate I had once?

Chocolate Orange.

/smug

Yeah, it was delicious. Yeah, it was bloody lovely. Probably about 1000 calories but worth it for that chocolatey orangey gooey goodness.

Shorty
11-19-2013, 03:43 AM
blech

Marshall Banana
11-19-2013, 04:21 AM
I actually do not like it at all! This is coming from someone with a chocolate addiction and a sweet tooth the size of Nebraska, but even the smell of it makes me gag a little.
Really? =O
Have you tried making it yourself? I don't like most hot chocolate that I haven't made myself.

Serves one person:

1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp water
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla

Mix the cocoa powder and sugar with water, then whisk and heat until dissolved. Add milk and heat, but don't bring your mixture to a boil (stir constantly). Add vanilla. Done.

This is how I like my hot chocolate, with bites of pumpkin cream pie between sips. :mamu:

fire_of_avalon
11-24-2013, 05:16 AM
blech

You realize this is something you agree with Chris about, don't you?

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-24-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm gonna make me some hot cocoa right now. Since it is stupid cold outside and I need to finish working on my truck.

Mmmmm. I'm so excited.

Shiny
11-24-2013, 06:42 PM
This isn't really in my diet anymore, but when it was I'd love to drink two packs for double the chocolate flavor. Caramel pieces or nutmeg on top with whip cream is the best way to have imo.

Shlup
11-26-2013, 12:27 AM
I like it poorly mixed so that there's little blobs of half-dissolved powder.

Shorty
11-26-2013, 03:42 AM
blech

You realize this is something you agree with Chris about, don't you?

No, it was about the chocolate orange. I haaaaate chocolate orange. Chocolate fruit anything (except for chocolate-covered strawberries, those are okay).

Once someone from my church gave me a specially-packaged wrapped up mug with a hot cocoa packet in it and marshmallows to include and everything. The hot cocoa was raspberry flavored. My first and immediate thought was to rip the cellophane open, tear the hot chocolate packet open and wave it in her face and eyes for offending me with such a vile gift.

But I didn't, I just said thank you and then left it in my cupboard for two years. Showed her good.

Miriel
11-26-2013, 03:45 AM
I love hot chocolate. It's my favorite hot drink of all time.

I like marshmallows and I like hot chocolate, but never together. The very best hot chocolate can be found at Disneyland.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-26-2013, 10:30 PM
I like it poorly mixed so that there's little blobs of half-dissolved powder.

:stare:

Eewww. I've had to wash cups with that left in them and it just doesn't look good.

Freya
11-27-2013, 01:27 AM
I have a hot chocolate maker. It heats and froths. It's pretty legit. I'm pretty serious about my hot cocoa.

Spooniest
11-27-2013, 02:31 AM
Hot coco thread
You must have a marshmallow
Hot to perfection

Quindiana Jones
11-27-2013, 05:25 AM
Hot chocolate is ambrosia.

Marshall Banana
12-14-2013, 05:03 AM
I tried hot chocolate with a peppermint stirrer the other day. :barf:

Calliope
12-17-2013, 05:09 PM
I like mine with coconut milk and a shot of Jameson. For more sensible occasions, I just make it with almond milk. None of this super thick nonsense either - I want to drink a cup of cocoa, not chug down a bottle of syrup.

Jess
12-29-2013, 05:35 PM
For me, hot chocolate isn't worth having if there isn't melted marshmallows on top.

Pumpkin
12-29-2013, 05:44 PM
I love hot chocolate. Most kinds. Mint, marshmallows, milk chocolate. All yummy yummy yummy.