PDA

View Full Version : Dissidia Developers want and plan to make a new Dissidia

Hollycat
11-18-2013, 06:40 PM
In an interview (http://remoon.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-28190.html) this week, SE producer Ichiro Hazama, best known for his work with Kingdom Hearts and Dissidia Final Fantasy, revealed that he and his team not only want to make another dissidia, but they plan to.

This is in part due to the fact that Dissidia has become one of the better known and more well liked entries into the franchise in recent years, even outshining some numbered entries.

Hazama claimed that among (Japanese) Teens, if you asked them about their favorite Final Fantasy, they would would respond with Type-0 or Dissidia.

Additionaly, Hazama announced that he wants to create something special with the Chrono Trigger team in time for the games twentieth anniversary next year.

At the time of this article, the lifetime sales for Dissidia is nearly 700,000 units sold, and for Dissidia 012 over 500,000 units sold in Japan alone.

What would you want to see in a new Dissidia, and would you rather have it on the Vita or on PS4?

Elskidor
11-18-2013, 06:51 PM
Only if they offer new characters for VI and IX, in which they left out last time. That bugged me enough to not even bother with it's sequel, so that it is a must for me. But since it was mentioned with Dissidia, I got an image of Chrono joining ranks for this, and it wasn't a bad image. It might be cool to have some old classic characters like Chrono or Geno sneak their way into a Dissidia or KH's game too.

It is long past due for the Chrono series to get a new game though. Prequel, sequel or even a crossover. It's as if that entire series was forgotten and replaced for Kingdom Hearts.

Hollycat
11-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Only if they offer new characters for VI and IX, in which they left out last time. That bugged me enough to not even bother with it's sequel, so that it is a must for me. But since it was mentioned with Dissidia, I got an image of Chrono joining ranks for this, and it wasn't a bad image. It might be cool to have some old classic characters like Chrono or Geno sneak their way into a Dissidia or KH's game too.

It is long past due for the Chrono series to get a new game though. Prequel, sequel or even a crossover. It's as if that entire series was forgotten and replaced for Kingdom Hearts.
Hopefully at least Chrono or one of the characters will make their way into KH, like the characters from TWEWY.

Freya
11-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Additionaly, Hazama announced that he wants to create something special with the Chrono Trigger team in time for the games twentieth anniversary next year.

WHAT!? :kaoclove:

Polnareff
11-18-2013, 10:49 PM
"Create something new for Chrono in time for the 20th anniversary next year" = "make a crappy mobile phone game that nobody asked for." I know it, you know it, we know it.

But new Dissidia? Hell yeah.

Hollycat
11-18-2013, 10:51 PM
"Create something new for Chrono in time for the 20th anniversary next year" = "make a crappy mobile phone game that nobody asked for." I know it, you know it, we know it.

The Japanese is a little hard to understand, but it sounds like he wants to have some kind of Chrono Trigger art competition between the Artists of team chrono and the rest of the group

Mercen-X
11-18-2013, 10:52 PM
I highly doubt it will be a game. I am SO not getting my hopes for that. It would be cool to have Toad and Magus in Dissidia though.

Polnareff
11-18-2013, 11:39 PM

The Japanese is a little hard to understand, but it sounds like he wants to have some kind of Chrono Trigger art competition between the Artists of team chrono and the rest of the group

Shoot, I'll take that over another phone game any day.

Bolivar
11-19-2013, 01:19 AM
I just wish they'd make RPGs instead.

Elskidor
11-19-2013, 01:23 AM

I'd prefer this too.

Mahad
11-19-2013, 01:48 AM

Me too.

I do like the dissidia games though. If they do a new one, they need to add a handful more of villains to balance the game rooster; I was very disappointed they didn't include any new villains in duodecim (Gilgamesh was fine and all, but he's just one guy). I personally would like to see Seymour & Genesis. I don't even know if there's enough evil out there in the games to find a handful of quality bad guys, but it'll be disappointing if they just add more Cosmos warriors.

Also, the game needs a better story.

sir helix
11-20-2013, 04:35 PM
Lionheart, Seipher, Beatrix, Seymour we need more evil variety than magic types

maybee
11-24-2013, 07:51 AM
Only if they offer new characters for VI and IX, in which they left out last time.

Yes ! Give us some Locke, Celes or Vivi !

Chrono in Dissidia would be awesome too, and him saying nothing would be so hilarious.

:wacky:

Sephiroth
11-28-2013, 07:21 PM
A new Dissidia for PS4 would be a bestseller.

Hollycat
11-29-2013, 01:40 AM

A new dissidia for the gamecube would go platinum.

Sephiroth
12-01-2013, 02:26 PM

Ha, ha, I guess with Super Smash Bros. we have our very good brawler already. Dissidia on a console would make a very good game, I think. The options would be great and online matches would be something everyone could do easier.

maybee
12-01-2013, 02:46 PM

A new dissidia for NES would go triple gold

Hollycat
12-01-2013, 04:27 PM

A new dissidia for NES would go triple gold

I wouldn't doubt it.

black orb
12-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Hazama claimed that among (Japanese) Teens, if you asked them about their favorite Final Fantasy, they would would respond with Type-0 or Dissidia.
>>> Poor kids..:luca:

Elskidor
12-01-2013, 08:42 PM
>>> Poor kids..:luca:

No doubt.