PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Like to See?

Shiny
11-23-2013, 07:06 AM
Hi there :)

We (the staff) are currently doing some brainstorming for cool things that can be featured on Eyes on Final Fantasy's YouTube channel. We'd love to hear your input.

One of the things I always thought was cool was this video right here: KSakCD-tTww

It was made by someone from an Advent Children forum. I'd love to make and feature some random videos like that on the channel, but it would also be cool to have a lot of variety. So, what would you like to watch?

Shauna
11-23-2013, 11:01 AM
A variety of stuff, I guess. If we have members who are up for doing video reviews then that'd be cool, Let's Plays would be nice to have up on there, silly things...

I dunno. I have no valuable input. xD

Minami
11-23-2013, 11:41 AM
I wanna see let's play videos. I'm kind of addicted to them (though i only watch sims ones right now)

Random funny videos would be good too

Elskidor
11-23-2013, 12:55 PM
I like humor.

Jinx
11-23-2013, 01:56 PM
I like humor.

This.

I think it would be helpful to maybe open up a thread where members can submit videos they've seen? If the Youtube Channel Runner (I'm pretty sure that's you, Shiny) wants to put that on the channel, then you can.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-23-2013, 04:53 PM
I'd just like a variety of original content. It would be cool to get some humorous Let's Plays up on there, as well as game reviews. It could also be a cool avenue for forum competitions and events. You already mention speeches, but you could even do something like a short film contest or something like that which could be cool.

Laddy
11-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Interviews with members over their experience with the franchise, some Final Famtasy Abridged stuff, and maybe some skits and AMV Contests.

Elskidor
11-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Where is the channel?

Sephex
11-23-2013, 06:59 PM
I could totally do a Let's Play or whatever if anyone wants.

Shiny
11-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Where is the channel?

Eyes on Final Fantasy - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/eyesonfinalfantasy)

Psychotic
11-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Here is the FF content I watch on YouTube:

Let's plays. But funny and original. Do something unique!
Music. I listen to the soundtracks on YouTube. :shobon:
I saw this sweet hour long video - 100 things you didn't know about FFVII. That! Not necessarily walkthroughs, just unique little things to make the games more exciting.

Jinx
11-24-2013, 08:13 PM
You should link to that FFVII video, Psy!

RocketMBA
11-25-2013, 12:33 AM
I want to watch an elderly man play Final Fantasy X on a 14" tube television using somebody else's savegame. He has never played a video game before.

Hollycat
11-25-2013, 01:12 AM
I'd like to see a pinup calender of all the female staff members in various outfits.

RocketMBA
11-25-2013, 01:34 AM
Scratch my idea, I want the fit birds one instead.

Calliope
11-25-2013, 02:19 AM
Del actually singing/rapping one of his famous parodies.

Shorty
11-26-2013, 02:50 AM
I like Laddy's skit idea! Let's compile a group of writers and start our own SNFFL.

It's pronounced like it sounds.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-26-2013, 03:10 AM
I just had a conversation with Freya where I half joked about the idea of trying out recipes from the drunken moogle. The idea being that, on camera, I would mix the drinks and everyone could see my "first taste" reaction.

Even though I wasn't serious...it actually sounds like a good idea. I'd be willing to do this, given some time to get a proper webcam and what not. Does anyone else want to see this or like this idea?

So there's that :monster:

Ayen
11-26-2013, 03:24 AM
Could Psychotic put his wrestling game stuff on there, you think? Seeing some of those matches play out in full instead of just screenshots could be cool to watch.

Shiny
11-26-2013, 05:41 AM
I like humor.

This.

I think it would be helpful to maybe open up a thread where members can submit videos they've seen? If the Youtube Channel Runner (I'm pretty sure that's you, Shiny) wants to put that on the channel, then you can.
What I really want is original content that the EoFF member base creates. There is a lot of copyright issues with posting things from different places. Even if you credit them they may a problem, but it's also because I know we're capable of providing better than a lot of Final Fantasy videos I've seen.

I am all for members providing videos and doing some of my own. My only issue is how this stuff will be sent to me to upload. I think having members submit things to Dropbox where Staff can then screen them and then upload is probably the best option.

The skit idea is a good one, I agree. These are all actually pretty good ideas (except the pinup calendar one). But yeah, skits could be interesting. I was thinking it would be cool to do a video called Final Fantasy in Real Life like they did with Dead Rising in Real Life, but not just battle videos like other people did, but people like Barret or Cid doing real life, everyday things.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-26-2013, 05:54 AM
I like Laddy's/Shorty's skit idea. I feel like it would be hard to do, but I could attempt to help with writing if we did something like that.

I feel like EoFF meet ups should somehow be utilized with the Youtube channel.

Shorty
11-26-2013, 05:56 AM
I don't know how simple it would be, but animated skits would be fun if someone didn't want to put their face to a camera.

Maybe film reactions to Ciddies or something, idk.

Shiny
11-26-2013, 05:57 AM
I feel like EoFF meet ups should somehow be utilized with the Youtube channel.
Actually, now that you bring that up. I know one EoFF UK meetup was filmed and put up online by I believe Baloki or Zorander. If he still has that video I'd love to put it up there.

And I can also film the NYC December meetup if no one has any objections.

I don't know how simple it would be, but animated skits would be fun if someone didn't want to put their face to a camera.
I know some really talented animators who love Final Fantasy, but I can also tell you they will definitely not do it for free and it will take them a long time to storyboard, draw, etc just a short 3-5 minute thing. I'll mention it to them anyway in passing.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-26-2013, 07:11 AM
Our best bet with skits I think would be doing something akin to Cloud's Dream or even Red vs Blue in which people are dubbing over stuff recorded/edited from FF games/movies. It would still be extremely hard to do, though.

Shiny
11-27-2013, 02:28 AM
It's actually not hard incredibly hard to dub over game footage with our own voices. It's not even hard to do what was done for Clouds Dream by taking audio bits from movies and synching them to other movie footage, it's just really time consuming. It will be hard to take a video game and dub or synch that to films mostly because I'd have to figure out how to get the footage of the games. If we do something like definitely only one game at a time. :o

Jinx
11-27-2013, 02:31 AM
It'd be fun if members collaborated to make another video like Cloud's Dream!

EDIT: Oh wait, I thought Cloud's Dream was that video that was created from the finish the story thread! It wasn't a very good story, but the video was funny.

Also, what's the link to EoFF's YouTube channel, again?

Scotty_ffgamer
11-27-2013, 02:41 AM
Eyes on Final Fantasy - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/eyesonfinalfantasy)

I guess when I said extremely hard, I more meant time consuming anyways. It would be kind of hard to collaborate for dubbing our own voices into it just due to distance, but it's still doable. We'd also need someone who has the capabilities to acquire the game footage as you said. Maybe you could do something using a recording program on your computer and emulation (at least with pre-PS3/360 games). Otherwise, I feel like people would need to spend money on equipment to record footage from the system.

I don't know anything about that sort of thing though.

Madonna
11-27-2013, 02:49 AM
One of the things I always thought was cool was this video right here: KSakCD-tTww...Am I wrong in that I heard the f-bomb dropped in that video, like, a thousand times?

The correct answer is always Psychotic. Make it about him, his day, and how everyone loves him. I would watch that all the time.

Slothy
11-27-2013, 03:29 AM
It'd be fun if members collaborated to make another video like Cloud's Dream!

EDIT: Oh wait, I thought Cloud's Dream was that video that was created from the finish the story thread! It wasn't a very good story, but the video was funny.

This. We should make more of these all the time. Whether original stories or dubbing dialogue over games. I don't care, I just want to break out the silly voices.

Calliope
11-29-2013, 07:13 AM
I'd like to see people cover their experiences at gaming conventions, or standing around in line for Black Friday sales (or working at them!) or game releases. I'd like to see short videos of meetups; skits or songs, reading transcripts of threads and acting them out like a bad soap opera, staff puppet shows, various parodies, skits, music videos - there's a lot of opportunities for creative content of various genres if anyone feels inclined to do it.

Jinx
11-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Meetup on the 21st

So excited

I will be a staaaaaaar

Shiny
11-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Okay, that will be the first video I put up. If no one has objections, I will film them. If they do, then I just won't show you on camera. My camera doesn't have a light attachment though so if we're meeting at night I need to know in advance so I can get one.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-29-2013, 09:49 PM
You should link to that FFVII video, Psy!

Randomly found this today :)

Jt4NDbyKv_o

Jinx
11-29-2013, 09:54 PM
I actually found that through happenstance the other day, but thanks, LWL! :)

Shorty
11-29-2013, 10:00 PM
You know what would be fun? If members would cosplay/dress up as their favorite character and then do video diaries as if they were actually that character.

Even without the cosplay, it could probably be done!

remyqcolson
12-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Game Reviews and I want to see tons of them!!! :)

escobert
12-13-2013, 02:44 PM
I would like to see myself crowned as King Cid's Knight! :p

Fuzakeru
12-13-2013, 06:28 PM
I would LOVE to see some Let's Play!

Member created content like AMVs or whatever we crazy people come up with.

Behind the Scenes kinda videos where Cid Knights, Staffers, etc. dramatize what they do on the forum. They don't even have to take video but just talk in to the mic and someone can lay it over a shadowy moogle in a chair or something.

Do some of the countdown videos based on forum goers votes for things like, "Hottest character," - "Best backstory," - "Most unrealistic hairdo," - "Best soundtrack." I am so guilty of wasting HOURS watching countdown videos.

FF facts with just interesting quips would be lovely. Made up FF quips would be just as hilarious with pretend statistics and stuff.

A video series based on "FF vs RL" expressing why things in the FF universe could never happen in real life like some kind of PSA series would be delightful.

A video diary from more emo characters expressing their hard lives. Voice over? - text only could work with really emotional music. Think of like, "Sad Cat Diary". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKffm2uI4dk

Doing a reality show series would be funny. What would happen if Zell and Lightning had to share a room in the Big Brother house? :O

Misheard song lyrics or even better - taking popular songs and rewriting the lyrics : singing them totally optional or not.

Tackle some of the crazier controversial topics like tropes in video games based in the FF series.

Shiny
12-14-2013, 04:44 AM
Yeah, reviews are good.

I've been noticing a lot of reviewing articles and I think it would be cool to incorporate a visual aspect to those articles. Of course I need to consort with the Editors to see how they feel about doing voice overs. I'd be happy to work with them to provide some in-game footage. I think it would be nice to a wide range of video games and not just Square-Enix titles.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-14-2013, 05:01 AM
I definitely thought about doing video reviews to add to my two written reviews, but I don't have a means to get video game footage (at least of PS3 and above). I'll be glad to contribute to them in some way if I can if you all start adding those to the Youtube account.

Sarisa
12-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Video walkthroughs are always good so people can see how to get past a place they're stuck in (because just reading something isn't always enough). Videos of boss battles or dissidia player matches could be good as well.

AMVs would be awesome even though FF doesn't necessarily have much to work with in that department (FF7 movies, FF Unlimited, and maybe the other FF movies.)

Cosplay skits could be awesome as well as you could do a wide range of genres from humor, to emotional, to a long TV episode -ish type thing.

Calliope
12-15-2013, 12:48 AM
A weekly Pauw x Steve evening show, where they provide a commentary on the week's best threads and activity, sports-tv style. MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Jinx
12-15-2013, 01:52 AM
...you do realize it was just Paul, right?

Calliope
12-15-2013, 02:14 AM
DON'T RUIN CHRISTMAS!

They can both be sock puppets.

Shorty
12-15-2013, 02:27 AM
For someone who says they've heard his Steve impression so much, I'm surpised you were fooled!

It was not just Paul, it was Paul and Dan.

Calliope
12-15-2013, 02:31 AM
Me? I've never said that or heard his Steve impression, or heard Paul before today! And I stopped being fooled when I realized that one of the people I was listening to was an Administrator of Eyes on Final Fantasy.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH, MORE PAUW X STEVE

Shorty
12-15-2013, 02:32 AM
Not you, silly, that was for Sam.

Calliope
12-15-2013, 02:33 AM
Oh. Anyway, I DON'T CARE WHO IT WAS, IT WAS HILARIOUS AND NOW I WANT MORE FUNNIES!

*breathes into paper bag*

Jinx
12-15-2013, 02:36 AM
I've never said I've heard it a bunch. Just that Paul's impressions of Steve is pretty dead on.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-15-2013, 05:21 AM
I came here just to say more Pauw and Steve. But I was too late.

Eyes on Pauw and Steve.

Shorty
12-15-2013, 06:16 AM
I've never said I've heard it a bunch. Just that Paul's impressions of Steve is pretty dead on.

I dunno. I've heard your voice, and I've heard his impression many, many times...it's pretty spot on.

(I'm just giving you shit, I totally thought it was him talking to himself at first as well, so you're not the only one he got :heart:)

Psychotic
12-15-2013, 02:10 PM
Me and Dan kind of invented Stevetalk together so it's understandable you couldn't tell who it is, but yeah, he is the funny one who deserves a whole smurfton of the credit. Go rep him if you want more! Outside of editing and so on, my sole voice job is just to string things together in a coherent way and play the straight man while he provides the comedy.

Spooniest
12-15-2013, 02:22 PM
I'd like to see the site get a new skin