PDA

View Full Version : What races would you like to play in future expansions?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-23-2013, 12:40 PM
I think Sylphs would be pretty neat. They have small stature like lalafells but it'd be interesting to play a pixie like creature that can hover slightly above ground instead of having to run.

Would you like to see a new race added in to the game? Or play as a race that already exists? I don't know how it would work in to the lore and pre existing history, this is mostly just our "what if" list.

Elpizo
11-23-2013, 01:21 PM
I second the playable Sylphs! :kaoclove:

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Padjal ftw!

Bierhumpen_Kukki
11-25-2013, 07:22 AM
I... wanna become a moogle, kuuuupoo! :D just picture a moogle in a bar with a beer in hand, thats me! XD

Mirage
11-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Qiqirn

Night Fury
11-25-2013, 12:14 PM
I'd love to be able to play as more human/animal like races like Mi'qote. I'd love Vieras to be added somehow, they're cool!

Minami
11-25-2013, 12:23 PM
I'd love to be able to play as more human/animal like races like Mi'qote. I'd love Vieras to be added somehow, they're cool!

Ohh yeah, Vieras would be good.

Loony BoB
11-25-2013, 12:30 PM
I think bunnypeople might be added at some point to balance the popularity of the Mi'qote a little better with other races, it's already been mentioned as a possible one. I would want them named different to the Vieira if only to keep this world seperate from Ivalice.

Sylph would be a bit strange as technically they should be immune to falling damage, earth damage etc. and I don't think they'll add them as a playable race for reasons like that. Not to mention that their hands aren't really suited to things like holding spears and axes... although it would be amusing.

My personal preference would be firstly a lizard-like race, because they don't have one yet (all characters currently have human-like skin or else fur, in the case of Mi'qote), secondly an older-looking race with massive beards and whatnot (basically like dwarves) and finally a Golem-like race.

I don't expect any of the Beastmen tribes to become playable, though, for lore-based reasons (including potential future storylines).

RocketMBA
11-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Black guy.

Loony BoB
11-25-2013, 01:15 PM
You already can have different coloured skin. :)

Dr Unne
11-25-2013, 10:33 PM
I would play as a Moogle in a heartbeat.

Bunny people were one of the worst additions to the FFT universe. :( Please no more half-human half-real-life-animal races. It feels like lazy storytelling, and humans with deformed half-rodent features and fur isn't cute (to me), it's creepy. Miqo'te are pretty much humans with cat ears, that's fine (barely). If they add another animal race I hope it's like the Charr from Guild Wars 2, more beast than human. But it makes it hard on those who have to design all the armor models for the game, so it seems unlikely.

Loony BoB
11-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Sadly, bunny people seem the most likely addition, Unne. It was in a poll some time ago and Vieira-esque race won out big time. :( I want my reptilian people!

Jinx
11-26-2013, 01:09 PM
I'm echoing someone else who said it: I'd like to see a race that wasn't just a human with a little bit of a quirk. Like, and actual other race, not just really tall human, really bulky human, really short human, human with kitty ears, and human human .

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-26-2013, 01:53 PM
The lack of Padjal love makes me sad! :(

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-26-2013, 06:08 PM
I'll agree with the Padjal.

But wouldn't players need a specific name? Padjals have that thing where one letter stands alone. Like Kan-E-Senna.

Or Summ-O-Levia.

I would have originally put them in the OP, but I haven't looked up how rare their race is. Aren't they like holy figures? Can't have a bunch of those walking around.

Loony BoB
11-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Holy figures, all are high power conjurers... wouldn't fit in with the lore if they were commonplace. I can see why people would want to be them, but let's face it, we already have eternally youthful characters and shy of a couple of horns, they look exactly like Hyur.

KentaRawr!
12-01-2013, 04:13 AM
Merpeople with robotic legs so they can walk on land.

:cool:

Citizen Bleys
12-02-2013, 02:56 AM
I would want them named different to the Vieira if only to keep this world seperate from Ivalice.

It's too late to avert causak domain shear, Eorzea is already heavily populated by life indigenous to Vana'diel, such as Qiquirn, Vana'diel-style goblins, Mammool Ja, Apkallu, and coeurls.

Rostum
12-02-2013, 05:55 AM
I think Bangaa from Ivalice would be an interesting race to have, they could easily introduce them via another continent, or perhaps they could be part of the Garlean empire in the north.

Loony BoB
12-02-2013, 01:55 PM
I would want them named different to the Vieira if only to keep this world seperate from Ivalice.

It's too late to avert causak domain shear, Eorzea is already heavily populated by life indigenous to Vana'diel, such as Qiquirn, Vana'diel-style goblins, Mammool Ja, Apkallu, and coeurls.
While true, each playable race was given a different name. I think the playable races are more important than the beastmen tribes of which many if not all were staples in the FF series anyway.

Citizen Bleys
12-02-2013, 03:10 PM
I think Bangaa from Ivalice would be an interesting race to have, they could easily introduce them via another continent, or perhaps they could be part of the Garlean empire in the north.

Actually, come to think of it, it'd be ace to be able to play Garleans.

Real, three-eyed Garleans, just for the story they'd have to come up with about how/why Eorzea's suddenly filled with them.

Elpizo
12-02-2013, 06:37 PM

Actually, come to think of it, it'd be ace to be able to play Garleans.

Real, three-eyed Garleans, just for the story they'd have to come up with about how/why Eorzea's suddenly filled with them.

Hmm, maybe the Empire falls into civil war with the death of the Emperor, and a lot of Garleans flee to Eorzea to get away from the fighting?

Hollycat
12-02-2013, 08:06 PM
I believe my opinions on the viera are well established.

Loony BoB
12-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Hmm, maybe the Empire falls into civil war with the death of the Emperor, and a lot of Garleans flee to Eorzea to get away from the fighting?
Would that work with the people who are just starting the game, and doing the original storyline?

I'm down with a Bangaa-esque race.