PDA

View Full Version : Stage Fright

Spooniest
11-25-2013, 06:31 PM
A real problem for many performers. When you know you've got something to say it's worse.

Drinking doesn't help at all...

Ever get mariposas when getting up in front of people?

Jinx
11-25-2013, 06:59 PM
I've gotten stage fright in the past, but now I love performing so much it's not an issue. I haven't performed in awhile, but I'm confident enough in my talent to not have to be scared.

Elskidor
11-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Oh yeah. I just won't do it at all though. May be different after some alcohol or something.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-25-2013, 10:56 PM
I can clam up a bit whenever I have to sing in front of people (except for in musicals). Even for the EoFF karaoke thing (which I'm not physically singing in front of people), I end up doing worse than I normally can because I get pretty nervous. I've also experienced that whenever I've had to give speeches

However, when I'm in a play or musical I really don't experience stage fright. It's easy for me to ignore that the audience is there and get caught up in my character/the story. Also, stage fright doesn't come into play whenever I'm teaching lessons generally.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-26-2013, 12:02 AM
Well, I don't perform. But I do teach. And I had to go through a course that included overcoming stage fright and nervousness.

I'm pretty good about it now.

escobert
11-26-2013, 02:07 AM
I don't get up in front of people.

Shorty
11-26-2013, 02:14 AM
I get stage fright when I have to speak in a large group, but I usually overcome it. I acted a little as a child and I definitely got it then because I was being judged on a performance of me trying my hardest instead of just talking to a group.

Spooniest
11-26-2013, 02:20 AM
I have a different kind.

Pathological fear of being attacked...ever felt like that?

Shorty
11-26-2013, 02:22 AM
That doesn't sound like stage fright to me.

Spooniest
11-26-2013, 02:42 AM
Q: What do you call a guitarist without a girlfriend?
A: Homeless

I guess humor helps, as does getting enough sleep. I'm kind of a paranoid person due to not being good at socializing and networking like most everyone else in town. I'm a crack writer, but no-one will work with me because I'm so nervous all the time.

I'm not entirely certain where all this nervous energy is coming from, but I have kind of been beaten within an inch of my life before by people, so it's not entirely unfounded.

Shiny
11-26-2013, 05:50 AM
Uh, yes. I got over it a little when I started acting. I wish I could find the video of me horrified in a tutu my first time having to go up on the stage pretending I knew how to tape dance and do ballet.