PDA

View Full Version : What is the best game system for Final Fantasy Fanatics?

Livermush
11-27-2013, 08:15 PM
I have a Nintendo 3DS xl and FF:the Four Heroes of Light and FF:III&IV for it but there is not very many FF games on 3DS platform.
I was looking at Getting a Sony PS3 to play the PSone download versions of the Final Fantasy games and some of the PS3 new games.
I want the most Final Fantasy bang for my buck! Am I looking in the right direction?
Also I have a PSP that I was gifted. It need memory and the umd drive does not work. but the cost of a memory is a down payment on a PS3 or ? what other System?

Livermush

Sephiroth
11-27-2013, 08:37 PM
With a PS3 you will get everything you need, so it is the best choice, yes.

Bolivar
11-27-2013, 09:05 PM
With PSP you can get I-IX, which for the most part, is all you need to play. On PS3 I think you'll only miss out on FFIII but personally I like the PSP-only versions of I, II, and IV a lot better than the emulated PSOne ports you can run on PS3. On either one, you'll be out of luck on FFX until the HD version drops (soon I think), and depending on how it does we might be able to expect FFXII after that.

So PS3 in the long run will get you all of them except III but the PSP can have you on the best versions of I-IX right now.

Dr Unne
11-28-2013, 03:49 AM
PC + emulator is a good way to enjoy the first 9 games. Buy them if you can though, they're worth buying.

Pete for President
11-28-2013, 01:26 PM
PSP has Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions. Definitely worth checking if you can make that work!

Livermush
11-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Thanks guys for the advice.
I'm going to fix the PSP. I found the parts are not expensive like a new UMD drive and might try some memory SD adaptors too. With the PSP and DS I have enough to keep me busy till the PS3 has another price drop.
Thanks
Livermush

I did think about the emulators but I don't have a gaming PC yet.

Hollycat
11-28-2013, 03:43 PM
You can play all of the games except for 11, 12 and most of the spinoffs on a PS3. Otherwise, the best choice is probably a DS or a PSP. The ds has 3d versions of 3 and 4, and you can play the gameboy versions of 1,2,4,5, and 6, as well as Ta and Ta2. The PSP has the best versions of 1,2,3, and 4, and you can also play 5,6,7,8,9, crisis core, and Tactics.

Tis up to you.
The worst system would be an Xbox.