PDA

View Full Version : Mmmm satisfying!

Night Fury
11-29-2013, 02:44 AM
What are some of the processes you go through when cooking that you enjoy? I don't mean like a "this is fun" way, but more in a "omg this feels so satisfying!" way.

I loooooove peeling the shells off boiled eggs, I don't know why but it feels so good when you can peel them in almost one go. I also adore cutting through fresh crusty bread, buttering warm bread/scones, and melting chocolate over a pan! Amazing :D

I do have another one that is slightly gruesome though... vegetarians look away! removing the neck from chicken/turkey!

Elskidor
11-29-2013, 03:02 AM
All of it. I'm a cook..I enjoy cooking.

noxious.sunshine
11-29-2013, 04:18 AM
Same as Elskidor.

I love every aspect of cooking.. From chopping veggies to sweating/sauteeing onoins and garlic and stuff to blanching and baking and all that.

I succeeded in making whipped cream all on my own by hand - with just a whisk instead of an electric hand mixer.\

I think my favorite moment though is the final product. Seeing all of my hard work put together and finished is the absolute best.

And of course, trying a new process and having it work out the way it should. So amazing.

Freya
11-29-2013, 06:13 AM
I love seasoning. The act of it. Add this add that. That's my favorite part. I never measure I just add this and that and it turns amazing every time. I just like cooking in general. Its my unwinding. Stressful day? Focus on cooking and it'll calm me down. Its just you and the food.

I Took the Red Pill
11-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Love the sound of the ingredients violently sizzling as I drop them into a super-heated oily wok.

Loony BoB
11-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Love the part where I open the door and there's a guy/girl with this hot food in a bag/box waiting for me. Because I paid online, I don't even have to mess around with change-checking!

Chris
11-29-2013, 12:30 PM
I love the smells. Seriously. It is lamost more satisfying to me, than actually eating the food. I love all of the wonderful fragrances when you cook.

RocketMBA
11-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Cooking's for people who want to spent time not eating. McDonald's FTW.

Shorty
11-29-2013, 05:19 PM
I enjoy destroying things with a mallot. Come to me, graham crackers, you will be made into a pie crust and you will like it.

noxious.sunshine
11-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Lolocaust
a mallet.

Just get a sledge hammer and go Gallagher on them.

Hollycat
11-30-2013, 07:00 PM
I like cracking eggs. Also sprinkling cheese.