PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps best FF of them all?

Ergroilnin
11-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Hello guys,

I've never been very active on this forum, but after years of FF break, I finally got to replay these series and just now I am playing my PERSONAL favourite, final fantasy 9.

First time I played this was ten year ago, when I was ten years old and I didn't understood a single word (not a native speaker) of it yet, I still loved it. Through the years I replayed many FFs, 9 included. I think I replayed most of them at least 3 times each. And as I mature, I see and appreciate various things each time.

As of now, I am twenty and finally I understood and appreciate every bit of the games (I think). Still through the years, I think that FF9 is the best FF.

Now, now, I definitely think that everyone has and should, have their own opinion and also that no FF is really the "best", as there are many things to consider.

But at least for me, FF9 is the best as whole. Also when I say best FF, I am not neccesarily saying best game, but for me the game has the best Final Fantasy spirit if you understand?

There are few things (like battle and trance, for example) that I don't exactly like and even find very flawed . Then there are things I like very much, like story and music. But when combined, I think the last psone addition to the series came out best of all.

Well the point of the thread is basically that I want to hear other people's opinions and why you have those opinions.

RocketMBA
11-29-2013, 01:57 PM
I think it probably is the best one, yes. The very peak of the series.

Elskidor
11-29-2013, 05:52 PM
I think it's a great game. It's not perfect, but nothing is. I love the story, mini games, MOST of the characters, music and it is visually pretty awesome. I absolutely loathe the load times though, and will bitch about that because it's what bothers me the most, and I've often wanted to play the game and change my mind when remembering that. Lately I have been wanting to give it another play through. Out of all the FF games I think I have replayed IX the second most amount of times. VI being the most and I thought IV was probably in second, but I replay my way through IX every 3 to 4 years it seems.

Mirage
11-30-2013, 02:18 PM
It's ok. Combat is a bit dull and that's kind of a big deal for me in games.

Ayen
12-01-2013, 02:12 AM
This used to be my least favorite Final Fantasy growing up. I was introduced to the franchise through VII and grew up on that and VIII with no knowledge of the classic games so IX was very foreign compare to what I already played of the franchise. As time went on I came to appreciate it more, especially after playing some of the classics like I, II, V and VI. It's not my personal #1 favorite, but it's up there in the top five for me.

Black Magic Shopkeeper
12-01-2013, 03:32 AM
9 has always been my #1 favorite in the series. I can't say whether it's the best or not-- but it's right up there alongside some of my favorite rpgs to date.

maybee
12-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Even though I love and adore Final Fantasy 9 got to say no here, because the strange almost DBZ art style might and does put players off and away from playing the game.

The best Final Fantasy has to be almost perfect + still adored by fans

I think that the best, if any because they are so different in different ways, might be Final Fantasy 6

Vivisteiner
01-02-2014, 04:36 PM
There's no such thing as 'the best'. But if there was, it would be Final Fantasy IX.