PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Castlevania Gameplay Type

KentaRawr!
11-29-2013, 06:54 PM
I've been obsessing over the Castlevania games lately. I just want to play all of them, you know? But I've noticed that some of them have really distinct gameplay types. Before I only separated them using the terms "Classic" and "Metroidvania," but with the new Lords of Shadow series, as well as some oddballs from the series early on, there really are more than just those two. Feel free to correct me if I forgot some, or made weird distinctions in the poll. For as much as I've enjoyed the ones I've played, I haven't played very many of them. :P

Ayen
11-30-2013, 04:32 AM
I like your 2D side-scroller and the 3D introduced in Castlevania 64. I haven't played many Castlevania games, but out of the ones I have I really like Symphony of the Night and Castlevania 64. I hear Super Castlevania IV for the SNES is one of the better ones.

Del Murder
11-30-2013, 06:16 AM
Metroidvania. Easy choice. I love those games. I wish there were more. It may be my second favorite genre after JRPG.

Tasura
11-30-2013, 08:09 AM
Metroidvania. Easy choice. I love those games. I wish there were more. It may be my second favorite genre after JRPG.

Seconded. Look into Unepic, it's nerdy humor + fun gameplay in the Metroidvania style

black orb
12-01-2013, 05:52 PM
>>> Metroidvania and PS2..:luca:

Spooniest
12-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Gotta go with classic. Metvan comes second, but I've always felt that stretching a game out with exploration and leveling dilutes the challenge.

Botchmun
12-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Gotta go with classic. Metvan comes second, but I've always felt that stretching a game out with exploration and leveling dilutes the challenge.

well pretty much this. I like the metvan games for a number of reasons but sometimes I like feeling like I'm getting keelhauled balls first and the first castlevania is REALLY good at that.