PDA

View Full Version : How Important is Roleplaying to You?

Scotty_ffgamer
12-04-2013, 01:34 AM
Question is in the title. Do you come up with any nifty backstories for your characters as you are creating them? Do you continually expand upon that as you play the game? Do you not care about the story whatsoever?

Slothy
12-04-2013, 01:41 AM
Honestly don't bother roleplaying. I guess my imagination must have died years ago or something. Just doesn't really interest me in games with lots of story, or in games with very little.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-04-2013, 03:55 AM
I'm probably the same as you. In story-based games in general, I play for the story but I don't really focus on roleplaying when I'm actually controlling the character. I don't care enough.

However, I was bored while I was creating my character for XIV and tried to come up with a nifty little backstory for him just because. I've mostly forgotten what it was, but it was a nice way to make the character creation more fun.

Loony BoB
12-04-2013, 09:53 AM
I do 'limited role playing' in that I joke around about certain things, such as the Fat Chocobos having a family tree. No genuine role playing going on, though. Oh, my alt character, Your Face, is a brat. I know that much.