PDA

View Full Version : Persona 2 Eternal Punishment

Edge7
12-05-2013, 06:36 AM
Hey, I've been thinking about getting this game. I know Innocent Sin takes place before, but would you recommend AGAINST playing them out of order? Eternal Punishment's premise seems more appealing to me, and while IS looks like it has a better cast, I figured I'd buy the game with the story that appealed to me more, then buy the other game if I liked EP.

Thoughts?

Bright Shield
12-06-2013, 04:44 AM
Eternal Punishment will be confusing without playing Innocent Sin first. I also prefer Innocent Sin. Both should definitely be played as they are two halves of the same story.

Think of it like watching The Two Towers, before The Fellowship of the Ring. You could definitely do it, but it's not recommended by any means.

Botchmun
12-11-2013, 11:40 PM
You know I always tell my friends that playing the Persona games IS Eternal Punishment!

What's the deal with Persona? You run around helping your friends but they still have problems, you run around the dungeon but the dungeon doesn't end, and don't get me started on those crazy pokemon they got!

You know who else likes the Persona games?
Just saying...

In all seriousness I'd say play the games in order. Don't be me, the guy who somehow manages to read a single novel out of order. The series is huge and deep and full of cheese like the perfect pizza, and you better eat that pizza right.

Slothy
12-12-2013, 04:39 AM
I like you Botchmun.

And yes, playing the second half of anything before the first is probably bad.

Bright Shield
12-12-2013, 05:24 AM
lol, good stuff.