PDA

View Full Version : Black Coffee

Spooniest
12-05-2013, 02:59 PM
I frankly don't understand why people have to ruin a perfectly good cup of coffee with cream and sugar. If God wanted it to be cappuccino, he would have made it with cream and sugar.

I know little about coffee, in an academic sense, so this thread will be to discuss anything and everything you know about that nice legal mild speed lift in the morning.

I know PantLegEater thinks it's evil, but it's been too long that coffee has been in my life for me to abandon it now.

I Took the Red Pill
12-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Coffee is one of my favorite things in the world. I drink it black as well. And like you I don't find the idea of adding milk or sugar appealing at all. I don't look down my nose at people who do add milk and sugar, but well yes I do actually. just kidding. but not really.

Shorty
12-05-2013, 05:09 PM
I love coffee. I worked as a barista a few years back, and it is the one profession I have absolutely loved engaging in. I wish I could do it again, but pulling shots doesn't pay the bills. :( I miss it very much, though!

I take cream and sugar with my coffee. I have tried to drink it black, and I just can't do it. I dislike people in the coffee world who are snobby to others about not taking their coffee black because it is elitist and stupid. Iced vanilla lattes are my favorite coffee-related drink, although I do love iced chai tea lattes and hot peppermint mochas. Every once in a while I'll go for a double espresso with some whipped cream on top. The sweetness balances out the bitterness of the espresso so nicely.

I have a dinky little espresso machine at home, but I would love to own a full-fledged awesome Italian espresso machine that hooks up to water lines and everything, but I will probably never have a thousand dollars to blow on such an expensive and nonsense piece of machinery in my life.

Elskidor
12-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I drink coffee for caffeine, and not for taste. I use to drink it with nice cream and sugar, and made taste like heaven. Then I realized I drank far too much of it, and moved to nasty black coffee. Been drinking this nasty plain junk (only in the morning) for years now. It does the trick, and it's stronger and better for you then soda, so it works out perfectly. I'd drink green tea in the morning if it was a wee bit stronger, but also green tea will make you vomit unless you eat something first thing in the morning too.

Spuuky
12-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Coffee is a wretched drink, and I can't possibly understand why people would spend several dollars per cup on it. I mean, I wouldn't drink it even if it was free, but I also wouldn't buy drinks I DO like at the prices at which coffee is sold.

Pike
12-05-2013, 05:52 PM
I hate coffee. It is the worst.

Hollycat
12-05-2013, 05:52 PM
I drink it with hazelnut creamer. If that isn't available, just some bland powdered creamer to make it soft, and some sugar to sweeten it.
I can't afford the coffee that's good enough to drink black. I got spoiled on that cruise I went on and now inferior coffee tastes awful.

Rantz
12-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Caffeine is my drug of choice. I drink black, white, latte, cappuccino, any kind really. I don't normally take sugar but I'll drink a sweetened coffee if it's a special coffee drink or something. I definitely find myself getting pickier with the type of coffee as time goes on, though.

Slothy
12-05-2013, 07:24 PM

Hollycat
12-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Confimed, Robots are weak against coffee. Suggest stockpiling immediately.

Denmark
12-05-2013, 07:28 PM
I'll either put both milk and sugar in my coffee or neither. I go light on both if I put them in, but I've never liked coffee with JUST milk OR sugar. And I don't care for cream/creamers.

And elitism regarding food/drink preferences is silly (except in the case of well-done steaks, where anyone who orders one should be cooked just as long as their steak was)

Elskidor
12-05-2013, 07:44 PM
A well done steak just defeats the purpose of eating a steak at all.

Slothy
12-05-2013, 07:45 PM

Might as well just order some carbon really since that's all that will be left.

Spuuky
12-05-2013, 07:52 PM

Might as well just order some carbon really since that's all that will be left.Are there restaurants that you can order just carbon? I would consider it.

Slothy
12-05-2013, 07:56 PM
If there aren't you could just buy a Lamborghini or something. They're mostly carbon and should last a while.

The Sesto Elemento probably has the highest levels of carbon. If you're into eating Italian super cars anyway.

Miriel
12-07-2013, 02:45 AM
I like coffee and I like it with cream and sugar.

You people hate too many things.

fire_of_avalon
12-07-2013, 04:23 AM
Some things are justified, though. Like this one! I can tolerate super chocolatey/creamy coffee but I dislike both the taste and the smell.

Jessweeee♪
12-07-2013, 04:24 AM
I put a lot of cream in. No sugar, the cream is usually some super sweet chocolate type thing anyway. If it's like, really really nice quality coffee I'll sometimes drink it black but the instant store brand coffee you drink just to get you through the day is not a "perfectly good cup of coffee" and it tastes like super ass without the fancy flavored cream. It's like getting a burger from McDonald's and saying the burger is so good you don't need to put ketchup on it. It's not. You eat it because it sustains you, not because it's good.

Pumpkin
12-07-2013, 04:36 AM
I don't like coffee. I don't care if people like coffee or not, but I dislike when people ask me if I drink coffee and I say no and then they spend the next ten minutes giving me this look :confused: and asking me "really?" and saying "who doesn't drink coffee?" over and over again. I'm not some kind of mutant alien freak guys, I just don't like coffee.

I had one cup of coffee in my whole life that I liked. And it had about 16 tablespoons of sugar in it.

Del Murder
12-07-2013, 08:51 AM
I like my coffee sugary and blended with ice and milk. So basically a caffeine milkshake.

NorthernChaosGod
12-07-2013, 10:34 AM
People that don't like coffee: You guys know they make caffeine pills, right?

noxious.sunshine
12-07-2013, 12:27 PM
I feel like I've answered this before...

I hate hot coffee. I dig the smell all day long, but back when I -did- drink it, it had to be black. Cream & sugar is just blech. And even then, I'd add ice to it.

But I can't drink anything with coffee anymore. It makes me sleepy and I get jittery and shaky and I break out in cold sweats and I feel sick. It's not fun. At all.

Mirage
12-07-2013, 12:47 PM
I drink a reasonable amount of coffee, although usually in the form of iced coffee. Norway is actually one of the biggest consumers of coffee per capita, only beaten by Finland. Or so I hear.

I'm not too snobby about my coffee. I can drink it black, even if it isn't my preferred way. I usually press the "mocha double espresso" button on the coffee machine at work. I press it at least 4 times a day, and that's if I'm not feeling particulary tired.

escobert
12-07-2013, 05:03 PM
I use Hazelnut coffeemate with mine every morning. I usually have 2-3 cups throughout the day. But now that I've been taking Iodine supplements I've noticed I've needed less coffee later in the day.

I drink Green Mountain Coffee generally their Green Mountain blend, Breakfast Blend or Nantucket Blend.