PDA

View Full Version : Netflix is a liar

Pumpkin
12-05-2013, 08:51 PM
It is insisting that I've watched shows that I have not. And no, it isn't because sharky is watching them when I'm not around. I'm sadly always around. It will input movies that I haven't watched in between two shows I just watched one after the other. And it adds new lies everyday.

It says I have watched Immortals, Red Dawn, Safe Haven, Captain America, The Avengers, and Thor. I've never even heard of a few of those.

Is this some kind of glitch or something with the update? Anyone else have any weird Netflix issues?

Elskidor
12-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Does anyone else have access to your account? We knew my wife's sister had a Netflix, and used it before telling her because her passwords are always the same and incredibly predictable.

Pumpkin
12-05-2013, 09:00 PM
My boyfriends dad uses it, but he doesn't have internet so he only orders DVD's that get mailed to him. I'm pretty sure the DVD's ordered don't get added to the queue though?

Elskidor
12-05-2013, 09:04 PM
I am not sure because I've never ordered them in DVD form, but it makes sense to me that it would be added to the list of things watched to better form choices for you. Are those the type of movies he likes?

Pumpkin
12-05-2013, 09:06 PM
The DVD's I ordered aren't in the queue, so I don't think that's the case. Who knows. I'm not sure what type of movies he watches, to be honest. I'm wondering if maybe they're getting some of the suggested list mixed up with the recently watched list. It happened right after the update pretty much.

Not a big deal, just wondering if anyone else has experienced weird Netflix stuff.

Elskidor
12-05-2013, 10:20 PM
I can't find any similar complaints or a way to verify if DVD rental effects recently watched. Sorry. :(

escobert
12-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Could someone have snatched your account info and is using it without you knowing?

Pumpkin
12-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Possibly... seems a bit odd that they would be doing it to watch a bunch of action movies though.

Then again, I suppose that's what Netflix is for :P

escobert
12-05-2013, 10:48 PM
If only there was a way on netflix to tell you where the shows were watched from.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-05-2013, 10:55 PM
I have had that happen to me before but I thought it was just my ex, so I changed my password: haven't had the problem since.

RocketMBA
12-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Another tick for change password; additionally, scan for malware etc.

Shlup
12-06-2013, 04:27 AM
Change your password.

Jinx
12-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Red Dawn is an excellent movie, and you should watch it if you've never seen it.

fire_of_avalon
12-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Jinx knows. You should watch all of those movies ASAP.

escobert
12-07-2013, 04:24 PM
The Avengers was pretty good for a Comic book movie and Red Dawn is awesome :)

noxious.sunshine
12-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Lol My ex and I gave my parents the password to our Netflix account so that they could watch stuff if they wanted to....

..... But then my dad started messing with the queue for the delivery bit 'cuz he thought it was insanely funny. We would just check new releases and search movies and set up our queue to last for awhile and then leave it alone without checking it again until we went through everything. haha

Queen Award, First of Her Name
12-08-2013, 02:51 AM
I can not change
I am smaller than your car
My ribbons are smaller
But they are many more

PM/VM the answer for a chance to win a Ciddies Prize