PDA

View Full Version : Buyer's Remorse

Calliope
12-06-2013, 01:46 AM
Do you suffer from Buyer's Remorse, or pine over the decision to make purchases? I don't, but apparently I suffer from Seller's Remorse (which apparently I made a thread about five years ago, thanks search engine!) and have several items which I wish I hadn't sold in order to make ends meet. Ah well.

Discuss!

Ayen
12-06-2013, 02:36 AM
No. Can't say that I have.

Pumpkin
12-06-2013, 03:25 AM
Not usually. I'm actually pretty good about that. I probably should save more than I do when I have had jobs, though. I enjoy the things I buy and they give me lots of happy fun times.

Shorty
12-06-2013, 04:04 AM
I do pine over decisions in making purchases. I will spend ages and ages comparing potential purchases, deciding which is better, then buying one of the things I've been comparing, only to worry if I didn't make the correct selection.

So I guess that's a form of buyer's remorse, yeah.

Shlup
12-06-2013, 04:29 AM
I only needed half a yard of white fleece but I bought a full yard.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-06-2013, 04:57 AM
I pine over decisions to buy something for days, weeks, even months sometimes. I spend a lot of time making comparisons and reading reviews and such. This is generally only for bigger purchases, but I probably do it with small purchases too. I do always end up having to buy one of the things I'm comparing and such. I also almost always end up buying what I was originally thinking of buying on gut instinct.

I don't regret buying much in the end, though. I do kind of regret buying some of my vinyl records since my record player stopped working pretty quickly after I bought most of them. I also regret buying a 360 considering I only played maybe 2 games on it before I sold it to my brother.

Shiny
12-06-2013, 05:58 AM
One time I bought a pair of ugly teal boots just because the color was unique and I like teal. I have only one thing I can match them with :(

Pike
12-06-2013, 10:27 AM
If I regret buying something it's only for a very short while (~five minutes) and then I get over it.

Everything I buy is strictly budgeted so clearly if I bought it, I could afford it - I think that helps a little too.

Loony BoB
12-06-2013, 12:01 PM
I spend ages considering purchases and then have no regrets once I make it, more often than not. The more expensive something is, like a TV or something, the more time and the more products I'll consider to ensure I get good value.

blackmage_nuke
12-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Sometimes I see something and think "I might need that one day and it's on sale now" and I pick it up and regret it almost immediately until a month later when I find a use for it that outweighs it's initial monetary value.

Pumpkin
12-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Just thought about this in another thread. I have spent a good chunk of money on video games I enjoy. Never regretted it. They provide me with many hours of entertainment and sometimes I need a distraction like that.

Sharky and I decided to get a kitty, but we decided to be smart about it and check our budget first to include food, litter, toys, and a monthly savings to go towards vet bills. We've also been spreading out the initial cost over several weeks by buying a few things every week after payday, so that it isn't a huge initial cost with the bed, cat carrier, litter box, scratching post, toys, collar, tag, food dishes, cleanup supplies, the actual cat, etc etc. So I think since we were smart about it and budgeting for it instead of just being like "omigoshkitty" and getting it all at once, there's less of a chance of us going "maybe we should have waited..."

But still, ohmigosh kitty~~

Jinx
12-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Maybe a little? It's not so much buyer's remorse, as just "Oh crap, I really shouldn't be spending money right now". I want everything I buy. When I go shopping (especially for clothes) I usually end up putting half of the stuff back because I realize that I am not super in love with it, so I won't spend money on it.

Forsaken Lover
12-07-2013, 05:18 AM
Spending $150 on a special collection of Neon Genesis Evangelion DVDs.

Show was okay but for that price I could have gotten an anime I really like. Or gotten a PS3 on ebay.

Del Murder
12-07-2013, 08:16 AM
I spend ages considering purchases and then have no regrets once I make it, more often than not. The more expensive something is, like a TV or something, the more time and the more products I'll consider to ensure I get good value.
So how many other websites did you shop around for before you settled on this one?

Calliope
12-07-2013, 08:58 AM
This reminds me: I like Amazon, but being able to read user reviews and compare products in-depth can sometimes make the act of choosing things much more of an ordeal than they should be. There's a point where having more than two or three choices is more taxing than anything else!

Del Murder
12-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Just buy them all. And make sure to use the Official EoFF Amazon Link. Then, after you figured out which one you want (and once Daniel gets the commission check), return all the other items. It's a foolproof plan.

Calliope
12-07-2013, 09:07 AM
If that's actually how it works, I might just do that...

Loony BoB
12-07-2013, 10:00 AM
So how many other websites did you shop around for before you settled on this one?
I checked to see if there were any other Eyes on Final Fantasy sites, but there weren't. :)

EDIT: I get de-credited if people get refunds. It doesn't cost me, but they take it out of "future potential earnings".

Jess
12-10-2013, 10:33 PM
I sometimes take so long deciding whether I'm actually going to buy something that by the time I actually go to buy it, it's out of stock or no longer in my size. :(

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-10-2013, 10:42 PM
I do not suffer from buyers remorse. If I want something, I buy it and deal with the consequences. I never have the, maybe I should have bought this, moments.

I regret nothing. Ever.

escobert
12-11-2013, 05:00 AM
I too have sellers remorse. I don't really buy things on a whim.

Jiro
12-11-2013, 05:56 AM
I checked to see if there were any other Eyes on Final Fantasy sites, but there weren't. :)

EDIT: I get de-credited if people get refunds. It doesn't cost me, but they take it out of "future potential earnings".

EoFF should buy unwanted goods for cheap and then raffle them off.

Fuzakeru
12-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Not really. I tend to bargain shop on everything besides electronics or art supplies and if I feel unsure I just stand in the aisle comparing reviews on Amazon of that product before feeling confident in my choice.

If I feel compulsively shop-ish that day then I hit up the local thrift stores for knick knacks and books or stores like Ross where even if shopper's remorse tries to show up I can tell it, "HEY! That thing was normally $40 and I got it for $10! Shuddap!" Works like a charm.

starlet
12-16-2013, 02:33 AM
My buyers remorse usually end up happening after I go to the grocery store hungry, buy a bunch of shit I don't need then saying "Shit! I could've used that money for gas D:"