PDA

View Full Version : Hey, sis, this one's weird.

Ayen
12-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Remember when Reno said this to Aerith regarding Cloud during the church scene? Yeah, did anyone else think that Reno and Aerith were originally brother and sister because of this line? I'm guessing it was a translation error as the game was full of them. I think so much so that Reno's character actually came across vastly different than in the original, Advent Children seems evident of that but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm?

But anyway, how messed would it have been if they actually were brother and sister? Reno, brother of Aerith, working for the evil Shinra that wants to kidnap Aerith, poke her with sticks and force her into bestiality with Red XIII to create the world's first furry woman.

Man, the stuff your mind comes up with because somebody smurfed up somewhere. Discuss! Talk about Reno, Aerith, what you thought during said scene if anything at all while desperately trying to purge the image I just placed in your mind. You should have killed me when you had the chance, HC!

maybee
12-06-2013, 10:59 AM
I thought that it was just slang, like " hey bro/ hey man/ hey sis "

But yeah, it's always confused me alot as well, I know that Seph and Aeris were meant to be siblings, but nothing about Cloud and Aeris.

What does it say in the Japanese original ?

Ayen
12-06-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't know. I just assumed it was a translation error because my kiddie brain took the word sis literally and my imagination did the rest. Then all the things I heard about them screwing up Reno's characterization certified it.

maybee
12-06-2013, 11:27 AM
I think that this is the line in the Japanese original お姉ちゃん、こいつ、何か変だぞ、と」 クラウドが叫ぶ。

Does anybody know Japanese to translate it ? My computer translated it as " My Sister, this guy, " I'll something strange " Cloud Cry

and I don't think that's right at all hahaha xDD

Loony BoB
12-06-2013, 11:33 AM
I assume slang, although I did think "oh, they must be siblings" when I first played the game and read that line.

Sephex
12-06-2013, 11:36 AM
I figured he was just trying to sound all cool and sly, so I didn't think they were siblings. I was also used to odd translations, especially from FF games.

VeloZer0
12-06-2013, 05:54 PM
I don't remember even noticing it. Might be one of those PS1/PC translation differences.

MJN SEIFER
12-07-2013, 02:37 AM
Is it actually Reno who says it? I'd always tend to remember one of the soldiers/MPs or whatever they were (I'll just say "soldiers" for now, so don't get it confused with "Soldier"), saying it to another one. I remember at the time thinking that the second soldier could be the first soldier's sister, because as a kid I always liked to imagine that the masked soldiers could be male or female.

I'll have to check who it was that said it, but for some reason I always remember one of the soliders saying it.

Ayen
12-07-2013, 02:44 AM
Is it actually Reno who says it? I'd always tend to remember one of the soldiers/MPs or whatever they were (I'll just say "soldiers" for now, so don't get it confused with "Soldier"), saying it to another one. I remember at the time thinking that the second soldier could be the first soldier's sister, because as a kid I always liked to imagine that the masked soldiers could be male or female.

I'll have to check who it was that said it, but for some reason I always remember one of the soliders saying it.

I'm pretty sure Reno was moving during the speech to indicate it was him.

I find this revelation that it was just slang to be anti-climatic, therefore Reno and Aerith are brother and sister, Tifa's married to Barret and Marlene is their daughter and CloudxJessie for life.

Translation: I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Carl the Llama
12-07-2013, 10:10 AM

I'm pretty sure Reno was moving during the speech to indicate it was him.

I find this revelation that it was just slang to be anti-climatic, therefore Reno and Aerith are brother and sister, Tifa's married to Barret and Marlene is their daughter and CloudxJessie for life.

Translation: I reject your reality and substitute my own.

http://i.imgur.com/Lexj4FW.jpg