PDA

View Full Version : Lvl up & the monsters lvl up with you

Ayen
12-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Die and you level up alone :skull:
That made no sense. Anyway...

During one of my playthroughs of Final Fantasy VIII I decided to do the same thing I did when playing VII. Level up two or three times in-between bosses to get to the end. Then I find out that the monsters and bosses level up alongside you making the level up progress moot as you'll basically better off not leveling up at all. WTF?

And don't even get me started on the one hit kill moves that will either be done three times in a row killing all the members in your party or when you only have one character in a party. FFVIII, I love you but there are times where you just make me :zombert:

Discuss.

maybee
12-06-2013, 11:04 AM
I think they did it try and calm down the attack of random monsters and loose the step-step-monster-step-step-monster repetitiveness.

You don't want to fight this monster ? That's cool, just draw his Flare spells and leave.

But it backfired so much, and it was so confusing and had that " I'm playing a movie feeling " Before FF X and FF XIII

I love FF 8 too, but yeah.

Jiro
12-06-2013, 12:44 PM
It's supposed to keep the game challenging, isn't it?

Ayen
12-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Except you had no way of knowing unless you looked it up online or had a guidebook, and I never had the guidebook so no idea if it tells you about that.

And the instant killing is just cheap. How are you supposed to defend against that?

Pumpkin
12-06-2013, 01:13 PM
I figured it out based on the fact that a lot of them would gain a spell or two to draw. And I was obsessd with drawing magic so I leveled up just to get access to some of those spells quickly and more easily.