PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Ayen
12-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Has anyone played this game? I used to play it with my cousins over at their house before getting my own copy and playing it at home. I think the best experience with it is multiplayer through the GBA connection, though. It was still fun to play solo but nothing beats playing with friends. I loved it and the character creation options, albeit limited but what can you do? I thought it had a good story to it too and Moogles! I can forgive it being different from the others since it's not part of the main series anyway. It had a kickass opening theme too.

Discuss.

Heath
12-15-2013, 12:11 AM
I played it on the single player mode for a while, and found that although it was a remarkably pretty game to look at, I couldn't really get into it. I found having to carry around that weird vase thing a little frustrating.

There was one occasion when I got together with three friends and we played the four-player multiplayer, and it was good fun. We only played it once (SSB:M or Timesplitters 2 tended to be our multiplayer games of choice on the GameCube), but we whiled away a good afternoon or so playing it. I was reminded of it a number of years later when some friends I spent an entire night playing through the entirety of Castle Crashers in one sitting. That was great fun, and I remember thinking to myself that that's what FF:CC should have been more like.

Ayen
12-15-2013, 12:26 AM
At least the Moogle carries it for you in single-player.

escobert
12-15-2013, 03:21 AM
I played a fair bit of it on single player. I'd love to get it again since I got a GC a few months ago.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-15-2013, 05:53 AM
I own it, and I played it a bit when I first got it. Honestly, I think it would only be very fun (for me) if I could actually have four people over to sit down and play it. It just got dull after a while for me when I'd play it by myself. I want to try to play it again to see if I feel the same way, though. My tastes in games have changed somewhat since I've had the game.

Also, that opening is just so good. One of my favorites with all of Final Fantasy, I think.