PDA

View Full Version : A Realm Awoken - FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 2.1

Aulayna
12-06-2013, 05:52 PM

Square Enix have just released an exciting trailer showcasing all the upcoming features for the first major content patch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Patch 2.1, titled A Realm Awoken, continues from where the main scenario ended. Scheduled for release on 17th December 2013, the patch adds a succulent array of new things for players to do.

The key features of the patch are:

The Crystal Tower: A 24-man Duty Finder Raid
The Wolves' Den: A 4 vs 4 PvP Arena
Pharos Siris: A new 4 man max level dungeon
Hard mode difficulty versions of Haukke Manor and Copperbell Mines
Extreme mode difficulty versions of the three Primal Battles
A hard mode difficulty version of the Ultima Weapon battle
The Good King Moggle Mog battle
Free Company Housing
Beast Tribe Quests
Treasure Hunts
The Duty Roulette
The Aesthetician: Allowing players to recustomise parts of their characters appearances
The continuation of the main storyline

Also making a reappearance is the ever popular Hildibrand, Agent of Enquiry whom 1.x players will like remember fondly due to the fun adventures he got up too.

Check out the trailer below:

R_aliYN8hNk

How awesome do the new Primal encounters look? Who wouldn't say no to the chance to fight Ultima Weapon again? Just what are the Ascians up too this time? Are you looking forward to adventuring in A Realm Awoken?

We'll be giving you our impressions of the patch a couple of weeks after it goes live, so if you've yet to venture into Eorzea, or if you've taken a time out, be sure to check back soon!

Freya
12-06-2013, 07:22 PM
I... i... i need this game. oh man why do I have to be so poor D: That trailer looks awesome. I NEED IT.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-06-2013, 07:52 PM
I told you you wouldn't be able to stay away, Freya. But no. You want to keep reading and now you got the feels.

Necronopticous
12-06-2013, 09:22 PM
The extreme mode primals look absolutely bonkers. I can not wait.

Elpizo
12-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Sorry, members of Fat Chocobo Free Company, but your fate is sealed. I'm dragging you all with me to do the Crystal Tower even if it's the last thing I do! :kaolove2:

o_O
12-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Extreme mode titan...

Rostum
12-07-2013, 03:22 AM
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty pumped for more content! :D

Del Murder
12-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Looks pretty cool. Is that a new barber class that uses...scissors?

I Don't Need A Name
12-07-2013, 11:14 AM
No, it's the ability to change your hair do and whatnot by going to visit him.

That trailer looked incredible! Extreme Howling Eye looks hella fun and Hildibrand ftw! :bigsmile:

Jessweeee♪
12-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhh!

Aulayna
12-08-2013, 01:00 AM
Can't wait to do The Minstrel's Ballad: Ultima's Bane, that fight was awesome in story, even though it was easy - can't wait to do it as a hard mode.

Loony BoB
12-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Can't wait to do this dungeon that dungeon some other dungeon come on, at least something to do with all this battle content HOUSING!!!

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-09-2013, 02:50 PM
EX Titan *poops self*