PDA

View Full Version : Shadow

Elskidor
12-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Much like Vincent, I have never quite understood the popularity with him. What makes him so loved? My biggest issue is that I think they should have fleshed him out more with Relm and Strago, and gave him, along with a couple others, a stronger direct motivation pull to want Kefka gone. Having a villain in your main party is an awesome concept, and perhaps if Shadow's character development had been worked on a bit more I'd like him more, but as it is I could take him or leave him. Mog and Umaro work fine for me, but FFVI does have a few characters that seem unfinished and lack the strong motivation that the other characters have.

Anyone else feel this way? If so then what would you have done to tie them in or flesh them out?

Gamblet
12-07-2013, 04:40 PM
It is the backstory of Shadow and the fact that he is the Ninja class, which is epic. He has a cool outfit too.

Sephiroth
12-07-2013, 04:45 PM
And he would cut everyone's throat for a nickel.

Gamblet
12-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Even his momma's.

Elskidor
12-07-2013, 05:34 PM
That son of submariner!

Ayen
12-08-2013, 08:45 AM
I didn't get far enough into the game to learn much about him beyond his first appearance. I just remember thinking, "NINJA!" and it's probably as simple as that and what Gamblet said.

I think he could work that nickel up to a quarter if he really wanted to.

Spooniest
12-08-2013, 09:38 AM
That's the point of Shadow's character, is that he keeps you wondering. You don't know what he did, you don't know the kind of crap he's been through. His nightmares give you a glimpse, that's it.

Mystery is much more interesting than history, sometimes.