PDA

View Full Version : Hello, everyone.

Rentwokay
12-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Greetings, Eorzeans.

I am the carbon-based lifeform behind the character Rentwokay Champignon, who was recruited to your fine Free Company courtesy of recruitment by Lumos Light...something. I want to say "Wand," but I think she's already corrected me once, and you don't get a second chance with Lumos, if you know what I mean. /wink /wink /nudge /nudge /panic

On the "Generic MMO Fan" vs. "Final Fantasy Fan" spectrum of FFXIV players, I'm definitely deep onto the Final Fantasy side of things. I'm one of those whippersnappers that entered the series with FFVII and worked my way sideways. I've been playing FFXI on and off since its Beta days in 2003, which is how I met Lumos, Vin Weasel, and Ceridwen ReallylonglastnamethatIcan'tremember back when they were known as Kreacher, Scottyboy, and... well... Ceridwen.

I was going to post a picture of us from the before time, but because I am a newbie and a potential spam robot, we'll just have to wait until a later date.

I tend to progress in these games very slowly, both for "stop and smell the roses" reasons and just a general lack of playtime. I wasn't around before the Calamity, but I decided to give the game a chance after playing around with the Beta and general prodding from Lumos. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Also, I really, really like mushrooms. Or, at least, my digital persona does. The tasty edible fungi; not the bad things.

Looking forward to seeing and speaking with you all in-game. Thanks a lot for the invite.

- Rentwokay

:kakapo:

P.S. It's not really a big deal, but it's Ren Two Kay, or just Ren. Not Rent. Not Rent Wokey. Not Rent-a-Wookiee.

noxious.sunshine
12-07-2013, 08:20 PM
PLEASE LET ME CALL YOU Rent-a-Wookie!

Anyway! Welcome!!

Alive-Cat
12-07-2013, 09:02 PM
I've been waiting for you

Ayen
12-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Welcome to the forum, Ren. I hope the guys remember to take you back on time while renting.

Rantz
12-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Rent-a-Wookiee it is! Welcome :jess:

Freya
12-11-2013, 05:54 AM
We're renting wookies? I read it as Ren tookie.

We have a FFVII section that is relatively active if you ever feel like branching down there after your MMOing for the day. We still can't get over that game and it's been out forever and a day now! Welcome to EoFF!

Shlup
12-12-2013, 02:17 AM
I tend to progress in these games very slowly
Oh god, me too. I'm like 1/3 a way into Ocarina of Time.