Elskidor
12-08-2013, 02:43 AM
Which did you like more?

Sephiroth
12-08-2013, 02:46 AM
Lightning Returns.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-08-2013, 02:51 AM
This is hard to pick somewhat. XIII has the better story of the two, but XIII-2 has a lot more variety and is generally more fun. XIII-2 comes out ahead for me just because I think it does more right in the end, I think.

Freya
12-08-2013, 05:12 AM
This is hard. I agree with Scotty! I prefer xiii-2 for gameplay but xiii for story. I'm torn!

Ayen
12-08-2013, 05:15 AM
Sounds like the two games completely swapped where story and gameplay were concerned. I only played the beginning part of the first game so I can't say much about either. Will Lightning Returns finally be that perfect splice of gameplay and story? Only the moon knows.

Freya
12-08-2013, 05:21 AM
Or the Japanese since it's out there. :D

Forsaken Lover
12-08-2013, 05:47 AM
From what I've seen, XIII-2 took everything XIII did right and shot it, chopped it into tiny bits, and disposed of it in a shallow grave.

XIII was an ensemble story with no real protagonist for most of it. It was about everyone in the party. That ws smart because, if you hated one or two characters, you could rest assured other characters would be prominently exposed and developed.

Lightning and Fang sucked so I had Sazh, Snow, Hope and Vanille to look to for something interesting; for characters I could empathize with.

XIII-2 is about two character's and one of the dumbest time travel stories in history. If you don't like Serah or Noel, it seems hard to actually like the game.

Del Murder
12-10-2013, 02:10 AM
This is hard. I agree with Scotty! I prefer xiii-2 for gameplay but xiii for story. I'm torn!
Bingo.

Mirage
12-10-2013, 02:15 AM
From what I've seen, XIII-2 took everything XIII did right and shot it, chopped it into tiny bits, and disposed of it in a shallow grave.

XIII was an ensemble story with no real protagonist for most of it. It was about everyone in the party. That ws smart because, if you hated one or two characters, you could rest assured other characters would be prominently exposed and developed.

Lightning and Fang sucked so I had Sazh, Snow, Hope and Vanille to look to for something interesting; for characters I could empathize with.

XIII-2 is about two character's and one of the dumbest time travel stories in history. If you don't like Serah or Noel, it seems hard to actually like the game.

Outside of gameplay, FF13 didn't have anything that made me interested. FF13-2 improved the gameplay, and still didn't have much outside of gameplay that interested me. I pick 13-2.

Silent Warrior
12-14-2013, 06:38 AM
XIII: The FF most attuned to my play style and sensibilities. I kind of miss towns, and visiting actual shops, but I can live with that design choice. Especially if Chocolina is the remedy we get...
XIII-2: FF-mod of a potential Kingdom Hearts release. (And I don't like KH!) More interesting gameplay, I guess, more weather, some really nice imagery (Academia ****-just-hit-the-fan edition was GORGEOUS - now, if only the PS3 had the muscle to render it without suffering cardiac arrest half the time), but in the end Squeenix took everything I enjoyed about XIII, butchered or removed it (the MUSIC! :raa: ), then said 'Look, now you can jump!' Yay. Thank [insert deity/other source of inspiration here] for Caius - absolutely made the game for me. I mean, I appreciate how they tuned the battle system, and the faster travel times and all, but...

Can we have a FF-release that isn't full-on weird next time?

Jessweeee♪
12-14-2013, 07:34 AM
It's like trying to pick between FFX/X-2. They're just too different. I love them both!