PDA

View Full Version : Look at all the old people!

Freya
12-08-2013, 04:48 AM
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130613032658/finalfantasy/images/5/55/Final_Fantasy_XV_-_Cast.PNG

I think what's most appealing about this newest entry is the characters. There looks to be some older characters. While noctis is young it seems. Few of the main characters actually have some age on them! The older I get the less I like the youngins so I'm excited.

What do you think? Like the older cast members?

Del Murder
12-08-2013, 04:50 AM
I'd like to see an older woman character. Who is a badass warrior.

Ayen
12-08-2013, 05:39 AM
I'm amazed there's an age gap at all.

Shauna
12-08-2013, 11:47 AM
It's pretty cool to have older characters.

I do have to wonder though, what is Ezio doing here...?

Aulayna
12-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

edit: I'm a bit sad they went away from the adult looking Stella from the original trailers though. :/

Jinx
12-08-2013, 02:42 PM
The guy fourth from the left needs some allergy meds!

I think this is great. In recent times an "older" character has meant someone maybe in their 30s, or a character who is really old, but looks 25. And I second Del: it'd be awesome to see a bad ass older lady.

Elskidor
12-08-2013, 04:29 PM
The fewer kids the better. We've had them running the show for far too long.

Fynn
12-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Agreed. This is refreshing.

Psychotic
12-15-2013, 10:28 AM
I do like the old people thing, although I have to note that there aren't many women there, are there? I don't think they've even met the standard 3 girls quota! As Del says, an older woman would be nice as I don't think there's been many of those in the FF games. I can only think of Edea and she doesn't really count as a temporary character. Someone like Wynne from Dragon Age Origins would be cool.

As an aside, beards. I approve.

Rantz
12-15-2013, 11:21 AM
Definitely nice to see some age variance. Now they just need to get past the "all women are young and nubile" trope. Some racial diversity would be nice too.

Mirage
12-15-2013, 12:06 PM
yeah it's good but it could still be better!

Noctis Caelum
12-15-2013, 04:27 PM
What's interesting about the game, so far, is that there are few to no female characters announced yet. Obviously that's going to change, because that would be treason, but for now I have to wonder why all we're seeing so far are male party members. Sausage fests are alright, but come on, give us some variety! :jess:

Mirage
12-15-2013, 04:31 PM
No, sausage fests aren't all right. Not in my RPGs at least.

Freya
12-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Well so far it seems like Noctis and his friends and family. And his love interest. From what I understand is he's the prince so he'd have been sheltered plus they act as a mafia like family so girls are probably not around much cause they typically aren't in mafia based orders. So the lack of females doesn't through me off too much because of the setting. Apparently he has to fight his LI so that's interesting. Means she's powerful somehow. Maybe form another family? Like a romeo/Juliet kinda thing?

Fynn
12-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Well so far it seems like Noctis and his friends and family. And his love interest. From what I understand is he's the prince so he'd have been sheltered plus they act as a mafia like family so girls are probably not around much cause they typically aren't in mafia based orders. So the lack of females doesn't through me off too much because of the setting. Apparently he has to fight his LI so that's interesting. Means she's powerful somehow. Maybe form another family? Like a romeo/Juliet kinda thing?
That's clearly what they're going for. The setting is a weird mesh of Italy and Japan, and you have your feuding families.

Formalhaut
12-16-2013, 04:32 PM
That's clearly what they're going for. The setting is a weird mesh of Italy and Japan, and you have your feuding families.

I think that sounds quite nice actually. I can't remember another FF game that has a similar story pattern. Will be quite interesting to see. :)

Skyblade
12-18-2013, 05:22 AM
I do like the old people thing, although I have to note that there aren't many women there, are there? I don't think they've even met the standard 3 girls quota! As Del says, an older woman would be nice as I don't think there's been many of those in the FF games. I can only think of Edea and she doesn't really count as a temporary character. Someone like Wynne from Dragon Age Origins would be cool.

As an aside, beards. I approve.

Well, given Cliché Number 97 (http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html), I have to say that two on a team would be a refreshing change, even if four would be better.

97.Three Females Rule
There will always be either one or three female characters in the hero's party, no matter how many male characters there are.

maybee
12-19-2013, 11:47 AM
No, sausage fests aren't all right. Not in my RPGs at least.

Yes it would of been so much nicer to have some female characters, that are not just going to be NPC's or potential love interests.

Yeah, some of the characters do look older, but it still has that Backstreet boys feels to it. :/

I'd like to see an older woman character. Who is a badass warrior.

Pick up The Last Remnants. From memory there's a older badass knight woman.

starlet
01-08-2014, 10:37 PM
I just love the title of this thread. It sounds like something a class of 1st graders would say on a tour through an old folks home.

KristaWebster
01-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Indeed the title is pretty great. I just love it.

NeoExdeath
01-14-2014, 06:33 PM
I thought every JRPG character ever was 16!? My world is a lie.