PDA

View Full Version : Favorite "summon"

Freya
12-08-2013, 05:10 AM
I haven't got to fight any yet but I know there are some traditional FF summons in ARR. Ifirit looks the coolest of what I've seen.

Of course I always love me some carbuncle. What's your favorite in this game?

Loony BoB
12-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Sapphire Carbuncle is cutest.

Eos is my favourite gameplay-wise as she keeps me alive (since I'm a tank).

Ifrit probably does look coolest.

I Don't Need A Name
12-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Garuda is one badass mother though! Her battle music is by far the best

Elpizo
12-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Ifrit or Garuda, impossible for me to choose between the two. Ifrit is a hellish monster with bombastic epic music and one heck of an epic battle. Garuda is a crazy ass hot bitch with an insane laugh, bloodthirsty as hell, has the best boss theme in the entire series and the entire fight with her is unbelievably epic, but in a different way from Ifrit. Square Enix really outdid themselves with these two.

Loony BoB
12-08-2013, 01:25 PM
You guys seem to be referring to primals rather than summons. :smash:

Elpizo
12-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Primals are summons. What do you think the egi's spawn from? And don't the beasttribes "summon" them into this world? Really BoB, pay attention. :roll2

Freya
12-09-2013, 06:40 AM
Well yeah, Primals aren't summons but they are traditional FF summons.

Like ifirt just looks awesome

http://eorzeareborn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Ifrit.jpg

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-09-2013, 07:07 AM
I don't know what role he'll play in the game or if he's even going to be a summon this time around but the concept art for Fenrir looks really cool

Loony BoB
12-09-2013, 12:22 PM
And don't the beasttribes "summon" them into this world?
Touché, didn't think of that!

Valerna
12-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Primals are summons. What do you think the egi's spawn from? And don't the beasttribes "summon" them into this world? Really BoB, pay attention. :roll2

Actually the egi's are the essence from the primals ^^' Primals are gods that appear when the beasttribes summon them true but you can't rly compare the egi's with the primals imo.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-09-2013, 02:49 PM
I have yet to see Leviathan in game, so evidently they are missing someone important. As for current summons: Emerald Carbuncle is adorable! As for primals: Garuda, she has kickass music.

o_O
12-09-2013, 11:42 PM
Ifrit is definitely the coolest-looking primal.

As far as egis go, Garuda is awesome and its enkindle is badass. Also contagion makes it better than any other, imo. FFXIVModels has ripped the model for a Ramuh egi from the game code, so I think us summoners are gonna get more egis before long!

Citizen Bleys
12-12-2013, 03:18 AM
I have yet to see Leviathan in game, so evidently they are missing someone important. As for current summons: Emerald Carbuncle is adorable! As for primals: Garuda, she has kickass music.

Levi's in FFXI, I've been meaning to take screengrabs of me kicking his ass to taunt you with but I've been too busy with XIV.