PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy: Theatrhythm

LadyYunaFFX2
12-08-2013, 04:18 PM
It's a game for the Nintendo 3DS.

If you've heard of or own this, post your input on the game here.

At the moment, my party consists of Terra, Aeris, Yuna, and Cloud.

I have leveled others up .. but this has been my strongest party so far, honestly.

Freya
12-08-2013, 11:21 PM
It's also on iOS. Its better on 3DS though. Rotating arrows are a paiiinnn though.

Shorty
12-09-2013, 03:29 AM
I would like to play this, so they need to make it available for Droid because I'm not buying a 3DS.

LadyYunaFFX2
12-09-2013, 05:07 AM
It's also on iOS. Its better on 3DS though. Rotating arrows are a paiiinnn though.
Interesting, I only heard of it on the 3DS. I can imagine they are though. Makes my head hurt slightly just thinking of it.

Sometime next year, they're supposed to be releasing a sequel I've heard.

Dr Unne
12-09-2013, 10:12 AM
The iOS version is "free". It comes with 2 songs. To buy all the songs would cost over $100. Seriously. The 3DS version comes with not all the songs, but a lot more than 2 of them. It's a pretty fun game on 3DS if you like rhythm games and can look past the scummy cash grab.

Ayen
12-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Never heard of it and the fact I don't have access to a 3DS or iOS is probably the reason why. Being able to have those four in a party together is pretty sleek, though.

Shauna
12-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Theatrhythm is pretty great and anyone who likes rhythm games and Final Fantasy music should defo look into it. I haven't played it in ages. Should probably break it out again soon!

LadyYunaFFX2
12-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Never heard of it and the fact I don't have access to a 3DS or iOS is probably the reason why. Being able to have those four in a party together is pretty sleek, though.
Between the party members I have - for your information if you look into getting this - Yuna and Aeris both had to be unlocked.

That's maybe one of the fun things, to me at least; you have the ability to unlock a lot of extra characters by gaining certain colored crystals.

Shauna
12-09-2013, 08:36 PM
For the most part, the party members are a purely aesthetic choice. They have some differing skills, but they don't really matter that much in the grand scheme of things. But yes, a lot of the characters do have to be unlocked, which is fairly time consuming.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-10-2013, 08:38 AM
I need this game. After Christmas I think I'm going to finally try to pick it up if I have the extra money.

Psychotic
12-31-2013, 05:50 PM
The iOS version doesn't deserve the negative rep it gets. I don't think it would cost $100 to get all of the songs as Unne has said, as I believe that oft-quoted figure also includes all of the optional characters you can buy. Regardless, I've not downloaded any characters as I'm happy with the ones it has - I think there is the main character from FF1-13. What I have done is download a lot of songs and I think I've spent less on that than I would a 3DS game. I don't see a problem with the business model here as I have all of my favourites and haven't paid extra for songs I am not interested in.

For me it's like crack in video game form. Once you start to get SSS rankings you feel like a hero. Stay far, far away from this game! I also think there's something on iOS that you can't do on the 3DS, and that is compose your own scores for songs. I could be wrong and have someone correct me on this though :shobon: