PDA

View Full Version : Majora's Mask Let's Play!

Pumpkin
12-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Welcome one and all to the Majora's Mask Let's Play! I will be doing this in two parts. The first is typical Let's Play which will be a typical Let's Play of my progress in game. I am not playing on an emulator, so I will be adding pics thanks to the magic of the Internet. This will also be featuring sharkythesharkdogg, because we are nerds and this is our couple bonding and we are playing the game together. Shut up.

The second part, which will be in between our Let's Play updates will be my Clock Town Times Newspaper of Newspaperiness. This will have three parts to it. The first is an article on my obervations about the game, the second will be a feature on a mask, and the third will be a character feature. None will be particularly long.
**A note about character features: Due to the sidequesting nature of the game, the character feature will be me stalking them without interfereing n any major way with their three day timeline. The parts where I DO interfere and complete their sidequests will be in the regular Let's Play.

Feel free to requests a mask and/or character you would like to see featured.

So before we begin, for those who have never played the game, here are some basic things you should know.

* Majora's Mask takes game in a "mirror world" called Termina, which has a lot of the same character models as Ocarina of Time, but they aren't the same people.
* The game itself is rather short, including only four dungeons plus a final dungeon.
* Because of what I said on the last point, the game has a very large number of sidequests.
* The game takes place during a 3 day game time period. You can rewind and slow down time to help you on your quest.
* The game has a large number of masks, including transformation masks that turn you into a deku, goron, or zora.

Enjoy!

Slothy
12-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Whoooo!

Pumpkin
12-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Part uno: Introduction!

So here we are, chillin in a forest with Epona, lookin for someone, when suddenly these two pesky fairies appear and spook the poor horse. Link then falls to his death.

Fin.

No, but really Link falls off of his horse pretty hard and is knocked unconcious. It's a good thing there's no weird deku child wearing a mask here to rob him. Oh no wait, there is. He goes through Link's junk and pulls out his Ocarina.

Pictured here, theft.

The skull kid looks amused by this device and proceeds to start playing a note at a time, giggling like a manic in between each note. Surprisingly, Link wakes up. He stares at the Skull Kid, who does the mature thing and puts it behind his back like he didn't steal it and wasn't just playing it very poorly. Link, however, is not an idiot (Which is suprising, when you account for all the blunt force trauma to the head he has suffered over the years, as we the player sent him rolling into countless solid objects). So he goes to grab the Skull Kid. He misses, though, and the Skull Kid jumps up on Epona who starts running. Link lunges after them and grabs on to Epona's leg, but eventually he falls off and Epona and the Skull Kid run off.

What follows is a series of running and jumping and flipping and "Hyaa! Hwa!" as Link chases the Skull Kid through the Woods. Eventually Link runs himself right to an open cliff. Well, a cliff with a huge square hole in it, which happens to be just where Link emerges from. So he falls and what follows is some weird light show with a bunch of mask symbols and other symbols as Link falls a great distance.

Link falls right on to a little pink flower. In front of him, shining in a spotlight, is the Skull Kid and the two fairies.

You can't see it from this pic, but on the ground under Skull Kid, in the spotlight, there is a reverse tri-force symbol.

Skull Kid says how Epona wouldn't listen to a word he says and... doesn't tell us what happened to the poor horsey. He isn't done being a jerk face, however, and decides to play a cruel joke on our hero. Suddenly Link finds himself approached and surrounded by a bunch of large Deku creatures.

When Link emerges from his hallucination, he finds that he himself has been turned in to a small Deku Child.

He looks unbelievably depressed but adorable at the same time.

So now Link has been knocked unconcious, robbed, had his horse kidnapped, and now has been turned in to a small Deku child. Overall, I would say a 2/10 on the good day scale. Would not recommend. Skull Kid retreats, laughing, and one of his fairies comes at you to stop you from following. She bumps in to you a few times, knocking you to the ground. Then she makes that noise that kids make when they stick their tongues out at you. She then goes to follow the Skull Kid and her fairy friend (who is actually her brother) but the door shuts before she has a chance to following. She bumps in to it a few times before going to see Link again.

Well now that she has decided she needs your help to get out of this place and find the other two, she gives a half-assed apology and says she will help until we find them. So off we go through the weird forested-ish aread. There is more jumping involved. We also learn about the flower jump:

Which is performed by pressing A over a flower (like the pink one shown where Link is standing in front of the Skull Kid in an earlier image), Link will spin down in to the flower. When you see the flower move a little and hear a noise, you press A to have Deku Link pop up from the flower, where he will glide for a few seconds. You can press A to drop early. This is one of Deku Link's skills.

So we continue onward when we run accross a sad looking tree.

Almost through the area now. There's one last twisty turny corridor that we go through that flips upside down in a spiral kind of, and then we emerge in the Clock Tower. You don't know this yet, but you kind of do, because I just told you. The door shuts behind you and you can naver go back. At least, not in this game.

We meet with the very odd and kind of creepy Happy Mask Salesman, who happens to be the same one from Hyrule in the Ocarina of Time. He says, "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" Which is also what is said if you let the 3 day period run out when playing the game, but more on that later.

Well the Happy Mask Salesman is a collector of masks and it turns out a strange imp stole an evil mask from him not too long ago. He agrees that if Link was to get his Ocarina back, the Mask Salesman will turn him to his human form. But he also has to get Majora's Mask, the evil mask, back as well. But there's a catch. He will be leaving in 3 days, so we have to get it back before then. When you find out why he's leaving in 3 days, its hard to blame him

And so begins the 3 day clock. Time doesn't pass in the Clock Tower, however. (Which is the one place you would expcet to be the most time centric.)

Later on today, or maybe tomorrow, I will post up my first Clock Town Times, and next Let's Play will feature the first three day cycle of trying to retreive the Ocarina of Time!

sharkythesharkdogg
12-08-2013, 06:44 PM
I may add the occasional comment as editor. >__>

Heath
12-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Easily one of the most underrated games in the Zelda series.

maybee
12-09-2013, 10:02 AM

This and Wind Waker c:

Loving it Shion :jess:

RocketMBA
12-09-2013, 11:14 AM
My favourite! I'm enjoying this already!

Pumpkin
12-10-2013, 02:35 AM
Oki doki, I was going to do an issue of the Clock Town Times, but since you haven't even been exposed to Clock Town yet, I've decided it is best done after the first 3 days.

Part 2: The First Three Days

We emerge in Clock Town to an interesting
which isn't at all intimidating and doesn't make me feel pressured in the least bit.

So now we can explore Clock Town, but we won't because it is very crucial to get things done in the first three day period. Later on, we will have a song to slow the flow of time, but for now we have to make do.

But for those of you who haven't played, here is the map of Clock Town and some pics, as well as the song playing to help set the mood:

We start out basically at the center of this map. The center area is South Clock Town, the large area to its right is East Clock Town, the green area above is North Clock Town, and the area to the left is West Clock Town. Below that is the Laundry Pool.

Pictured in order: South Clock Town, East Clock Town, North Clock Town, West Clock Town, and the Laundry Pool.

Here is some musacs:

dtz-qGWKNOw
Play this in the background as you follow me through Clock Town!

So once we emerge from the Clock Tower in South Clock Town, Tatl the fairy fusses about the mask salesman's request and how ridiculous it is. She then tells us we should go and visit the Great Fairy in North Clock Town.

So off we head to speak to the Great Fairy, but we arrive to find several smaller fairies instead. When we approach, we are told that the Great Fairy has been shattered in to several pieces, and that one is still missing.

So we head back out and decide to buy a map from Tingle since we're all here anyway.

Tingle is a 35 year old man who sells maps and claims to be a fairy. Really no more explanation is needed. We buy the map of Clock Town. Now we head over to the Laundry Pool to collect the stray fairy. Once that is complete, we return to the Great Fairy's fountain.

The stray floats pack in to the pack of stay fairies, and with an annoying laugh and a bright sparkle, the Great Fairy of magic appears!

Yep. That's actually the wrong fairy, just picture her with orange/brown hair.

As a reward for restoring her to her former self, she gives you the ability of magic. With that, the Deku Link can use another skill, Bubble Blast.

Press and hold B to grow the bubble, and then release B to shoot the bubble. Press Z to taget automatically, or otherwise just aim your camera as you blow the bubble. It will pop in your face if you wait too long though! It doesn't do any damage, but it can be annoying.

While we are on the subject of Deku Link, some other characteristics: Deku Link hops over water. He gets 5 hops before he falls in to the water and drowns, and you start back from where you began hopping on the water. He can stand on lillypads that human Link is too heavy to stand on. He also dies instantly from fire, since he is made of wood. His attack (pressing A) is him doing a little spin and attacking the enemies.

Now to continue on with our adventure! Still in North Clock Town, the fairy gives us a hint as to how to find the Skull Kid. She tells us to go to the observatory. So we head quickly over to East Clock Town, where we spot a young boy guarding an alleyway. He says he needs us to give him the secret code to be allowed entrance. Well, we don't have it, so we head back to North Clock Town. There, we find a similar looking young man shooting at a balloon that for some reason has a picture of Majora's Mask on it. We speak to him and he fusses and says it isn't worth talking to us. Which is rude. So I shoot a bubble at him, but it doesn't work the way I want it to. He tells us we might be worth his time if we can pop the balloon that he spends basically 3 days and nights trying to pop.

So pop it we do! He looks amazed and we return to speak to him again. He tells us how uber cool we are and proposes a challenge:

A game of hide and seak (more like hide and tag) and if we find them all by morning, he will teach us the code we need to know! So let the game begin!

there are two in North Clock Town, two in East Clock Town (one of them flies down from a building with a chicken and hides under a box) and one in West Clock Town who is just out in the open and really not even trying. Overall, doesn't take very long. So they are all captured and the boys (the leader is named Jim) have decided to give us the code. I would tell you what it is, but it varies from game to game. This game it was 21345.

They do, however, decide to be racist little jerks and not let me join because I am a Deku Scrub and racism. They also allude to the fact that the Skull Kid joined and was a total jerk, so no non-humans allowed. But we have the code, so we can head back to the alleyway and over to the observatory.

The alleyway leads down to some unimpressive area with some running and a bit of water hopping. Eventually there is a ladder blocked by a balloon that they make you pop. I'm guessing for practice.

And then the area gets interesting.

They basically took every colour in existance and just threw it all together. We speak with the old man by the telescope and he fusses about the Skull Kid, because everyone hates the Skull Kid and he is always causing trouble. He finally offers me to look through the telescope.

I look around and spot a few odd gentleman doing some jumping jacks, before looking on top of the Clock Tower. There, the Skull Kid wiggles his butt at me before looking towards the sky.

And looming in the sky, is this:

A giant moon very close to the Clock Tower, with an evil, creepy looking face. A tear suddenly falls from the sky and lands conveniently outside of the observatory. I go out to get it.

Now we have the Moon's Tear!

We backtrack over to the South Clock Town and approach a yellow flower near the Clock Tower. Before we can do anything with it, a Deku Scrub comes flying in, claiming it is his residence. He does agree to exchange it, however, if we happen to have a Moon's Tear for his wife, he will exchange his property for it. Conveniently, we happen to have one!

See how happy he is.

So he gives over the title deed, and now we can use his flower to fly up to the Clock Tower. The catch is, unfortunetly, that the Clock Tower doesn't open until midnight of the third day. So we have about two days to wander around and do what we like. Now we can get some infor from the townsfolks.

I'll go in to more detail about the characters as their sidequests come up, but here is basically what we learn.
-There is a Carnival of Time held every year. The carnival is scheduled for the fourth day (or midnight on the third day, when the Clock Tower opens)
-There is a giant, menacing moon threatening to crash in to the planet. If you look up and watch, you can see it slowly approaching the Clock Tower.
-Some people are questioning staying, and some plan to go over to Romani Ranch to the South.
-The guards won't let you leave town because you are a child and have no weapon.

Basically people are pretty bad off. It is sad times. The third day approaches and the music becomes sadder, and the earth starts shaking.

IjXutKsizE8

We wait patiently while the world slowly approaches its doom. If you go to West Clock Town, you can deposit your rupees, which is a good idea, because after what happens, you will lose it all if you don't put it in the bank. You can see the town become more and more abandoned as each day goes by. By the third night, it is practically abandoned.

As midnight on the third day approaches, we get in our flower and fly over to the Clock Tower. There we find a Heart Piece! Now we just have to wait. Once it strikes midnights, there are a few fireworks, and the Clock Tower opens in to steps that allow you to climb up the top.

More musacs:
ONmo8HzuSGg

You run up the stairs and find the Skull Kid and Tael, Tatl's brother. They exchange a few words and the Skull Kid decides he wants to destroy the world and speeds up the Moon crashing in to Termina. Tael tells us to seak out the four at the four corners, but we don't know what that means quite yet. The Skull Kid smack Tael and Tatl becomes quite upset, renouncing their friendship.

BEGIN BATTLE

This is actually really easy. Just Z target and shoot the Skull Kid with a bubble. He will drop Link's Ocarina.

Go to pick it up and Link will flash back to Zelda, speaking to him about the Ocarina. This is the only time she appears in Majora's Mask. She reminds you about the song of time. Once you finish your flashback, Tatl makes a comment about needing more time.

You pull out your Ocarina to see that Deku Link, has his own instrument.

So you play the song of time and suddenly you find yourself in a white screen, falling, and then you see

Dawn of The First Day
72 Hours Remain.

And that's all for this time! Hope you enjoyed it :D

Agent Proto
12-10-2013, 03:17 AM

This and Wind Waker c:

Loving it Shion :jess:

Wind Waker isn't underrated, it's been re-released in HD for the Wii U lately! But I will have to agree that MM is underrated.

Jowy
12-10-2013, 03:41 AM
best Zelda boss music ever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEoD6M-kdAs).

Are you playing on console or Project 64?

Pumpkin
12-10-2013, 03:46 AM
Majora's Mask has a lot of great music. I decided to add some of it to my Let's Play to help add atmosphere for those who have never played.

I am playing it on console. That's why the pics are from the Internet, and not screen grabs.

Agent Proto
12-10-2013, 03:48 AM
Oh, these are not screen grabs? I feel cheated. :(

Pumpkin
12-10-2013, 03:51 AM
I'm sorry ;___;. I'm doing my best with what I have :(

Freya
12-10-2013, 04:30 AM
I sucked at this game as a kid. I'm so waiting for it to be remade for the 3ds like oot was. I doubt it'll come though :( YAY LET"S PLAY!

Scotty_ffgamer
12-11-2013, 09:46 PM
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Anyways, I don't know why people talk about the moon and the Happy Mask Salesman being creepy. I mean, they are, but really the scariest thing in this game (from what I've played) is the Great Fairy. She's terrifying.

Pumpkin
12-12-2013, 06:37 AM
Welcome one and all to the first edition to

The Clock Town Times

Today's feature is:

Rampant Racism! One Deku Scrub's struggle to be accepted.
This reporter went undercover as a young Deku Scrub, and the results were astounding. There was racism everywhere I went! From children to dogs. Even the town guards. They said it was for my own good, because I was only a child and had no weapon, but what if I needed to get home to the swamp to see my parents? They wouldn't let me leave town without them! There seems to be something wrong with the system. They let Deku Children in, but they won't let them out.

Using a certain mask that allows me to speak with animals, I found even the town dog had a negative opinion on the Deku kind. "Ruff-ruff!" he began. "Where did that Deku Scrub go? When I see his face, I get all riled up!" This attitude is shameful and disgraceful to those poor Deku. They already suffer a weakness to water and fire, they don't have much going for them. They certainly don't need to face daily prejudice.

I approached a group of youngsters, hoping to join their ranks and make friends. I assisted the leader by popping a balloon. He told me if I played hide and seek with him, he would let me join him and his follow children. Would this be our Deku Scrubs chance at friends?

It wasn't. In a sad display of racism, this is the response I received: 49099

Jim: You're pretty good for a Deku Scrub! If only you were human... Then I could give you an original Bomber's Notebook and make you a member... What do you guys think?"
Entourage of youngsters: No way! No Scrubs!
Jim: I guess not... Once, we let some kid who wasn't human join our gang, and boy did we ever regret it!

So there you have it. Rejected by children because of the actions of one non-human. That would be like if we refused to talk to asians because that one Asian guy mugged someone while eating a bucket of fried chicken and some watermelon. That is what the Asians are known for, right? In any case, it is wrong, and sad to see that the people of Clock Town are raising their pets and their children to be full of hate.

Mask Feature!

Today we are going to learn about the Keaton Mask!

The purpose of the Keaton Mask is to summon a Keaton. This can be found in areas where you slice the bushes and the bushes start to run away. After they all disappear, a Keaton will appear before you!

Keaton asks Link five multiple choice questions about the game. Keaton can only be summoned once in a 3 day period and there are 30 questions total. If you answer them all correctly, you receive a piece of heart!
Kafei (who we will see more on in a minute) wears this mask to keep his identity a secret.

In order to obtain the mask, you have to deliver a letter from Anju, the Innkeeper, to Kafei. There will be more on this in the Let's Play. After that, you have to visit Kafei's hideout at around 1:00 PM on the Final Day, and receive it from the Man from the Curiosity Shop.

The Stalker Report!

Speaking of Kafei, today we go undercover and stalk the illusive Kafei himself! Remember, this is without doing the pertinant sidequests, which will be featured in the Let's Play.

Day 1:
6 am: Kafei is spotted at the Mailbox by the Laundry Pool. Equip Bunny Hood as disguise.
6:30 am: Kafei deposits letter, runs back to the Laundry Pool. I try to chase him down, but he refuses to talk with me.
7:15 am: He goes in to the doorway in the Laundry Pool. Try to open door, but it is locked.
8 am: Ring the nearby bell. Kafei exits. Run over to talk, he retreats inside.
1:50 pm: Accidentally roll in to bell. Kafei exits once again. Run over to the door, attempting to beat him in, fail.
4 pm: Read sign over bell. It says "No Solicitors -- Curiosity Shop"
6 pm: Find myself with musical company.

Day 2:
6 am: Try door, still locked.
9 am: Get bored and push frog in the water. Watch it jump up and down.
1:43 pm: Anju enters the Laundry Pool and sits on the bench, looking sad.
2:30 pm: Speak to Anju. She asks is I've seen a man. She puts on a mask that is made to resemble him. She tells me he disappeared with his wedding ceremony mask. She tells me she is afraid to face him in case he left because of her.
2:30 pm: Anju cries.
2:40 pm: Ring bell. Kafei exits, but there is no scene. He and Anju don't appear to notice each other.
3:15 pm: Anju leaves, sadly.
6:00 pm: Once again find myself with musical company. I try the door again, still locked.

Day 3:
6 am: Try the door again, still locked. Ring the bell, no one exits.
6 pm: Still locked.

Please feel free to suggest what should be featured in the next Clock Town Times!

Tasura
12-12-2013, 06:47 AM
This makes me want to play the game again, because I think when I played it I missed a lot of the side content. I think I still have it and my N64 somewhere =O.

Ayen
12-12-2013, 11:09 AM
I hated the deku mask so much it spoiled my experience with the game.

Well played, Skull Kid.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-12-2013, 08:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pnVsPrhXWQ I'm just going to leave this here to haunt your dreams while playing this game.

I really want you to do a feature on those kids you told me about with the really depressing story. I can't remember the details... they were at a ranch, maybe?

Pumpkin
12-12-2013, 08:46 PM
I can unfortunetly not do the Ranch sister stalking events until after the second dungeon, but I will certainly do it then. That will be a good time, because it will show what happens when I do the events, since I need to do some of them to proceed with the game, and then my stalkers corner will show what happens if you DON'T help them.

Let's Play being updated in a few minutes.

Pumpkin
12-12-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm sorry the Deku Mask spoiled it for you :(. It's one of my favorite games, so I sadface when people have had bad experiences with it. Like this ----> :(. Sadface.

Time for a Let's Play update!

Part 3: Sidequestamundo

Today we will be sidequesting. We're going to collect some mask and some pieces of heart. Ready? Let's go!

Well, first of all, we are still little Deku Link. If you remember, we confronted the Skull Kid, used our Ocarina and suddenly, we are back 3 days in the past! Tatl apologizes for her behavior, and wonders what is going on. The Happy Mask Salesman was expecting us to return to him once we got our Ocarina back. So in the Clock Tower we go.

We enter the Clock Tower. The Mask Salesman likes to act erratically and shake us, so we have that going on. His movements are quite odd. He will go from one position to the next with no movement in between. Then he makes things better by making a giant organ appear out of nowhere.

The Mask Salesman teaches us the Song of Healing. It is a beautiful song, and my favorite in the game.

XDX4ZwUeOok

When he plays the song, the giant Deku's can be seen retreating, and Link is returned to his former self. The Mask Salesman explains that the song heals evil magic etc etc.

And turns them in to masks. We also get the Deku Mask, which we can use at any time, now.

Since the Happy Mask Salesman has restored us to our former self, he asks for his Mask back. This is a scene I would recommend you see for yourself because I can't do it justice. Basically, Link non verbally conveyes that he doesn't have the mask. Then the salesman makes this face:

And starts acting rather angrily and aggressively. He tells us once again the imprortance of finding the mask. He says it is a mask made by an ancient tribe for their hexing rituals. Long story short, it is an evil mask. An evil evil mask. The Skull Kid stole it from this collector of evil creepy masks. And we have to get it back.

He gives us some words of enouragement and sends us on our way.

Now, what I could do here is go speak with one of the two scarecrows in town and learn about the inverse song of time and the double song of time, but I already know them so I'm going to skip the middle man. The Inverse Song of Time is one of the most useful in game. It slows time, which is a great help for getting a lot of this stuff done, such as dungeons and what have you, since you only have 3 days, and some sidequests require you to have the dungeon complete during the 3 days and then have at least a day left for them. The Double Song of Time takes you to the next 12 hour period.

So off we go to sidequest!

Tatl informs us to head out of the Southern Gate to head to the Southern Swamp, but that's for next time. The first thing we are going to do is remember the Great Fairy who told us to return when we become human again. I don't know if I mentioned that, but that is what she said. So we head on over to the Laundry Pool to collect the stray fairy and head back to North Clock Town. Once at North Clock Town, we return the Stray Fairy and the Great Fairy appears loudly before us once again. She gives us the Great Fairy Mask, which will allow us to locate stray fairies in our journey, and get presents from the other Great Fairies for doing so.

If you put on the mask, it glows if fairies are nearby, and they will float towards you.

Next we can grab the Piece of Heart in the tree in North Clock Town by climbing and jumping and such.

Now we head to East Clock Town. We enter the Mayor's Office. He is in the middle of an argument between the guards and the festival commitee. The guards are requesting that the town be evacuated because, you know, there's a giant moon going to crash in to it. The others say that would be stupid and the moon isn't going to crash.

Then we head to his wife's office. If you go at the right time, her and a fish man, a Zora, are in the room. A man named Gorman will enter and ask how things are going for the concert. He will be told that the Zora man is their manager, and that the band will have to cancel because the lead singer of the band, the Indigo-Go's, is feeling under the weather (she's lost her voice). Gorman will be crushed as he just lost his important job, and the Mayor's wife will brush him off, telling him there is always next year.

I don't have that many hearts yet. That would be cool.

We speak with the Mayor's wife after Gorman leaves and she asks us to help ind her son, who has been missing. She gives us the Kafei mask, a mask made to look like her son, so that we can inquire about him.

With another mask under our belt, and one necessary for a very important, very touching sidequest we will do later on, it is time to get ourselves the Bomber's Notebook.

This can be one of two ways. One, we can play hide and go tag again, or two, we can use the password we already know, head over to the observatory, and exit. We will do it the second way, because we need the Moon's Tear again for a second piece of heart.

So we head over, say the password, go through the tunnel, watch the Skull Kid make the Moon cry, go out and get the Tear, return, and exit the hideout, as a human. There, Jim will stand before us asking how we know the code. He will be impressed with how we managed to get the code without being a member, and make us an honorary member. There, he will give us the Bomber's Notebook.

The notebook is actually very useful for keeping track of sidequests. How it works: Characters that give you prizes for sidequests will appear in your notebook after you speak with them. Next to their name, there will be blue panels throughout the 3 day schedule, letting you know there is an event with that character at that time. Note: Some of the sidequests have to be done in order, whereas others do not. Once you have helped them, it is written in your notebook!

Now we head back to South Clock Town and trade our Moon's Tear for the Title deed once again.

We don't have any more events until the nighttime now, so it is a good time to exit town and go collect some rupees. If we deposit 200 in the bank, we get the Adult Wallet, which allows us to carry 200 rupees, instead of just 99.

Here is a map of Termina. I will put more area specific images as we progress to those areas, and aren't just collecting monies.

And here is the music in the field.

EPXwDQumJc4

So now we have our adult wallet, it is time to wait until around midnight to save an old lady!

Around midnight, we head over to North Clock Town. We see a creepy, weirdly happy bald man hiding out behind the slide area. Pretty soon, an old woman with a bag will appear. The bald man, named Sakon, will run over and nab her bag.

After witnissing the event, we go over and slash Sakon, who will drop the bag and prance away, right past the guard. The guard literally does nothing but stand there and watch the whole thing. That is good law enforcement right there.

In exchange for saving her, the old woman gives you the Blast Mask!

It acts as a bomb on your face. You can avoid the damage by holding the shield (R) button as you press B to use it. It takes a few seconds to recharge, however. The old lady also works at the Bomb Shop in West Clock Town, so we will pay her a visit tomorrow.

Now it is time for one of my favorite short sidequests! Since we are already in North Clock Town, we exit through the North Gate. There will be giant snow mushrooms off in the distance. If we head over to the left, you will hear this music:

RvzfZaZxqmk

If you apprach it and jump on to the mushroom near the ledge, there will be a mostly naked very pale man dancing. If you speak with him, he will tell you how his soul is filled with regret because now that he is dead, he isn't able to pass along his dance. So we play the Song of Healing for him.

That is Kamaro.

Then he will give you the Kamaro's Mask and you can put it on to use his dance. Then he tells you to teach his dance to the world!

We can now use this mask if we head over to West Clock Town. There, we see the Rosa Sisters, twins, trying to come up with a dance for the carnival of time. Fear not ladies, Link/Kamaro is here! If you teach them the dance, there is a mildly uncomfortable scene where they get on all fours and call Link master. Then they give you a piece of heart!

Alrighty, we should still have some nightime left, so let's head over to East Clock Town. We can't get in to the Inn at the moment, so transform in to a Deku and fly yourself up to the roof entrance. Then head downstairs in to a small room. There, we see a hand pop out from the, erm, toilet, apparently.

Turns out, the hand needs paper. Wy it doesn't just use the book next to it is a mystery. But we decide to be nice, and hand over our title deed that we got from the Deku. In exchange, the hand gives us another heart piece!

One last thing to do tonight. Head over to the Laundry Pool. There you will meet Guru-Guru playing his instrument. if you go speak with him, he will confess something to you. He used to be in an Animal Troupe, the leader of which was a dog. Well, he was jealous of this dog and so he stole the dogs mask. For listening to his confession, we get the Bremen Mask.

If you press and hold B, animals will follow you around. It also does something else, which we will see very soon.

Now we wait for/skip to the next morning. The first thing we do on the second day, is buy the bigger bomb bag in West Clock Town from the old lady we saved. First we need to withdraw 100 rupees, 90 for the big bomb bag. This way, we don't have to buy a smaller bomb bag and upgrade it later. In the store we see a bald tattooed man and the old woman. The young man scolds his 'Mommy' telling her not to pick up deliveries at midnight. then we buy ourselves a bomb bag!

Next we head over to the Training Center (still in West Clock Town) and do the sword training course. The man giving the course looks like this:

That is a hairy, hairy man. For finishing, he gives us another heart piece!

There are two more heart pieces to collect. One is out of North Gate. There is a hole in the snow, fall down it and fight the giant lizards. Bombs are the best way. Receive heart piece! Then go to the South and fall in a hole hidden in grass. Fight some weird flying blade tent looking thing and receive other heart piece!

Just one more thing left for us to do.

As we are already South, let's head to Romani Ranch. You can tell which way it is because there is a sign that says Romani Ranch. Here, we can shoot down Tingle with our Deku Bubbles and buy a Romani Ranch map. At the end of the road you will seea massive boulder blocking the way to the entrance, courtesy of the Skull Kid. There is a way to remove the boulder, but not yet. For now, we have to fast forward to day 3, when the poor man who has been working on destroying the boulder finally succeeds.

I will post up the music and maps of Romani Ranch when we come here through the main story. For now, we are just here to get one of the most usefull masks in the game. One that I wear even when not necessary. Because awesome.

If you head to the far end, you will see a building that has chickens painted on it. Enter. There, you will find this guy:

Who sharky says looks disturbingly sickly. Anyways, he's got him some baby chicks. He regrets not ebing able to see them grow up because, you know, the world ending and junk. So we are here to help him out! We put on the Bremen mask and hold it with B and march around that place!

0v73xXvqQsE

That is the song we are marching to. Once we have all 10 of them following us, by walking around and collecting them, they will begin to grow in to adults. And by grow, I mean suddenly be adults in a poof of smoke. Having turned them all in to adults, Grog, the sickly man, thanks us, tells us he has no more regrets, and gives us the Bunny Hood!

The Bunny Hood allows us to jump further and run faster!

Now all that's left to do is deposit our rupees at the bank, and rewind time!

Next Let's Play will be the Southern Swamp!

Hope you enjoyed it :D

Pumpkin
12-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Forgot to add Guru-Guru's song!

Lta0seshF2o

Heath
12-14-2013, 03:45 PM
There's been a lot of love for Majora's Mask music, but sadly not the divine Deku Palace theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f72iBfWWqlE

Pumpkin
12-15-2013, 07:56 AM
Time for another Let's Play!

Southern Swamp Edition.

Alrighty, so now we are heading to the swamp. This isn't so hard, we just exit from the south gate in South Clock Town and head.... south.

Here are some pics of Termina Field, heading to the Southern Swamp.

Alrighty, to the Swamp we go. But before we can get there, we are met by a scene when we come across a drawing on a tree. 49203

Tatl remembers her and her brother playing with the lonely pre-mask Skull Kid. They played together, comforted each other in the rain, and helped the Skull Kid find some friends. Honestly a very sad moment, and it makes me almost cry. You can almost pity the Skull Kid.

Look how sad.

Anyways, off we go. On the path to the Southern Swamp there is a tree with vines guarded by bats. It has a heart piece in it. We collect said heart piece. Then we get the fun times of shooting Tingle down, watching him fall from great heights, and buying a map from him. After this, we finally arrive at the swamp.

Here is the map, the music, and the pics.

CyNQAwfRQTc

It's not the most exciting music. The Deku Palace music, as Health pointed out, is great. I'll include that stuff here in a little bit.

The Southern Swamp has poisoned waters at certain places. A lot of places are also closed off by water monster thingys, so we can't get to them quite yet. There are lily pads all throughout the water to all ow Deku Link to hop about.

The firts thing we do is hop on some of those lily pads to the left until we reach a dock like area. That area leads to the place shown in the second non-map picture, with the weird red building. That is Kotake's Potion Shop. Past there, we enter the woods area, where we are greeted by a monkey. The Monkey instructs us to follow him. Because we are never one to turn down monkeys in distress, we follow him.

Then we have this annoying thing of follow the monkey's path exactly while being attacked by turtles that I'm convinced are saying "Get bent." On top of that, the monkey decides to fake us out on numerous occasions, pretending to go one way, only to turn around and go another. What the heck, Monkey?! I thought you wanted our help?

Once we reach the end of the maze, we find the old witch Koume (previously a boss from Ocarina of Time) who is laying helplessly on the ground.

She asks for our help, but sadly, we have nothing for her right now. So we exit the forest and head back to the potion shop. In there, we apparently let Kotake know that her sister is dying because the Skull Kid played some trick on her. She freaks out and gives us a red potion to heal her, as well as our very first Bottle! Yay!

So we do the stupid maze again (No, YOU get bent) and head back to the old hag and give her the potion. She thanks us and flies off, telling us to pay a visit to the travel agency near the entrance.

So we do just that and head over to the building in the pic after the map pic. The inside looks like this:

Super exciting. We talk to that big hairy gentleman at the counter and he tells us about the photography contest. (Fun fact, he is actually Tingle the map guys dad). Sadly, we don't have a camera. But never fear, for we are about to get one!

We go speak to Koume (a nose poking out of that black square in the above pic) and she gives us a free camera and a free boat ride for saving her. So let's head on out!

The good thing is that the boat impales and kills the monsters blocking our way. Eventually we reach a dock point and are asked if we want to disembark. Yes, yes we do.

Now it is time to put on our Deku Mask and head in to the Deku Palace!

Here is the map and pics. I won't link the song because Heath was nice enough to do that for us, but check it out, its one of the best in game.

The water around here is poisoned, so make sure you don't take Link swimming!

When we walk up to the Deku Palace, we are greeted by these two Deku fellows, who let me know that normally I wouldn't be allowed in, but today is a special occasion because they are about to burn a monkey alive.

They tell me I can enter but I MUST go straight ahead, and nowhere else.

So naturally I go to the left and evade the guards in order to steal the heart piece. THEN I go to the King's Chamber.

The King's Chamber has a giant fire in the middle, a few Deku's around, the King, and a cage with a monkey tied to a pole. The first thing to do is snap a picture of the King for the photography contest.

Like so.

Then we go around speaking to everyone, and it turns out, they think the monkey kidnapped the Princess. So naturally they have decided to burn him.

The monkey, however, claims he didn't steal the Princess and that she needs help.

So we exit the King's chamber and we are greeted by Monkeys again. Monkeys tell us we need to rescue other monkey by finding bean salesman and... well the rest doesn't really matter.

So I head to the left and go through another maze of guards while avoiding being caught in order to fall in to a hole in the ground where the bean salesman sells his beans. Sharky helpfully points out that this is a really bad place to do business.

He is also eating his product.

So we get a free bean thingy and use our bottle to catch some of the conveniently placed spring water over by the exit and head on out. At this point, we can go ahead and get caught and get thrown out. Also, no matter how many times you get caught, they'll always let you back in.

So we get kicked out, and now we need to head to the right and hop over some lily pads to get to this weird corner that allows you to plant the bean. It sprouts very quickly. Then we pour water on to it (unless it is the second day and raining) and then the bean grows very quickly in to a disc like thing that we can ride to the top of the palace. Yep.

So then we have more flower hoping and bullet dodging and guard avoiding to do. When we do so, we get to an opening, which leads to the monkey in his cage. He refuses to speak to us as a Deku, so we switch to human Link and he asks us to chop him down. We fail miserably, so he wonders what else we can do. It somehow leads to me having to make noise (despite the King and everyone else being RIGHT THERE) and then he tells me my Ocarina isn't loud enough. So its BACK TO DEKU and time to pull out the Deku Pipes.

And then he teaches us the Sonata of Awakening, which will let us get to the dungeon, Woodfall, and rescue the Princess. Link falls down under the weight of his Deku Pipes at some point.

wOIOhTbSYoE

We play the song and, sure enough, everyone is staring at us, because we are RIGHT THERE. So the guards rush in and Link falls again, and we get kicked out. So it is time to head for Woodfall.

This involves once again going to the right and jumping up on the platform. Then you do some climbing and some flying on giant mushroom flower... things, and some gigantic scary dragonfly slaying.

Eventually we reach a stone pillar and our friend the Owl, who teaches us the Song of Soaring, which is very useful, because it slows us to teleport anywhere we have activated an owl statue! It is a real time saver.

Just a little ways left to go. The next exit leads us to Woodfall. I'll show the map and everything next time, but from flying using the flowers and hoping on the Lily pads, I am able to obtain another heart piece! There's also an owl statue to activate. We will return to Woodfall next time!

But for now, we use our new Song of Soaring to head back to the Southern Swamp Tourist Center and hand in our picture of the Deku King. The man is very impressed and we get another piece of heart!

Now we can head back and deposit our rupees, and return to the first day!

Jinx
12-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Okay, I'm gonna say it now: I don't like monkeys. I'm pretty scared of them.

BUT I LOVE THE MONKEYS FROM THIS GAME LORD IN HEAVEN THEY ARE THE CUTEST THING

Pumpkin
12-19-2013, 07:51 AM
Well, I'm not sure if anyone is reading this anyways, but I shall continue. After this update will be a new issue of the Clock Town Times!

Woodfall

Now it is time to tackle Woodfall temple. We do this by warping (thanks Owl!) to the last place we went. We stand on a little wooden platform with a Deku face on it and play the Sonata of Awakening.

Up appears Woodfall Temple from underneath the poisoned swamp.

677SLhx4NrA

Okay so we take the flower and fly over to Woodfall Temple. Before I did that, though, I went ahead and smashed some jars and got myself a fairy which I didn't need to use. Yay!

There are 15 stray fairies to collect. The first one is right at the entrance. I just put on my Great Fairy Mask and it flies right to me. Or you can use a flower to fly over it. The next one is a flower and a treasure chest away.

The next thing to do is just fly to the other end of the room and head straight through the door. The next room is filled with poison water and we will be using Deku Link. Not only because the water is poisoned but because the "lilly pads" are actually monsters who eat human link, but leave Deku Link alone. There are two deku baba enemies that need to be defeated. The first because it gives you a stick, which we will soon need, and the second because it gives you the third stray fairy!

The next fairy is at the other end of the room on a platform full of jars.

Smash the jars and find the fairy! To the left of that platform is a platform with a door. What do we do with doors? Enter them! Here we just have to float across to the other end of the room and enter... ANOTHER DOOR!!! Here we have a mini-boss fight. It is called a snapper den. The snappers are those enemies that tell you to get bent. The way they are defeated is by entering a flower as Deku Link and waiting for the turtle to roll over the flower. When it is above you, pop out. That simple.

Once that is complete, we obtain the Dungeon Map!
Once we exit back in to the other room, we just need to hop on to the Deku Flower and fly over to the platform with the golden treasure chest. it has a small key. On the wall next to the chest (which I had a hard time finding) is a beehive. The beehive appears to be in the mouth of the weird wall picture guy. Bubble blast it to find another fairy!

next we go back to the area with the Bubba that we attacked and found a fairy inside. Behind him is a locked door. We can now open it with the key we got.

This room has a lot of water with a few small walkways going around the room. There is a big block with a picture of Majora's Mask on it that is blocking the way. Just push it forward, its nothing too complex.

In the right hand corner there is a Skullwhatever that needs to be defeated. I personally find it easier to defeat him using Deku Link, but sharky seems to prefer slashing at him as regular Link. Either way, attack when his back is facing you and when he is defeated, we collect another stray fairy!

See the torch next to him? We need this. But there are angry killer moths guarding it. So just use the Blast Mask to dispose of them. Really a Blast Mask is really quite handy and it doesn't run out, unlike bombs. So do that and then use the stick I mentioned earlier and set it on fire with the torch. Run to the other end of the room and light the torch, which will open up the door next to it.

In this room is another mini-boss fight! It is two dragonflies which can be a pain in the butt. What I do is just Z target as Deku Link and shoot them with bubbles.

Or, you can obviously attack with Link for the Deku Link haters out there. I find that method a little more dangerous though, because you have to get closer. Whichever way you choose to do it, it will give you the compass! Which I don't really care about anyways!

Now we have to light another stick and go up the stairs next to the room we exited (where we lit the torch). There, Bunny Hooded Link does flips across several platforms and burns up a spider web which was blocking our path.

After that, we enter a pitch balck room where we are attacked by adorable foes.

What I do here is just spin around the room as Deku Link like a madman, because you can't see them very well, but they all need to be defeated. Once they are all defeated, a chest will apear with another fairy! Now we have to go around in circles lighting up more torches. Pnce we do, a door will open.

The next room involves lots of skilled Deku flying, which I did, quite impressively. After I got attacked and knocked to the ground by a Dragonfly. Those need to be defeated before the fun flying. Once you get to the other side, just go downstairs.

Now we are back in the posion, man eating lily pad room, but we are on the upper level. There is a fairy to the left (?), just pop the bubble, put on the fairy mask and snatch it!

If you go back to the door and go straight forward from it, there is a switch that you should step on to make a shortcut from the upper and lower levels. Enter the door to the East for another mini-boss fight.

Basically you will fight off against a lizard man. There are a few ways to defeat him, but the battle is really simple. Just slash him with your sword and avoid his fire breath. He goes down after a few hits.

Once he is defeated, we get our Hero's Bow!!! Yay! I love this item. So let us exit back to the previous room. If you look around, you will eventually see an eyeball. Shoot it with your new bow.

This will cause a flower platform to repeatedly lower and rise. Hope on to it and fly across the way once it is up high.

Now it's time for..... ANOTHER MINI-BOSS! This is the most difficult one so far, but it isn't so hard once you get in the swing of things.

You will face off against a mean looking frog on one of the get bent turtles. First thing though, he tries to attack you solo. Just hit him with your sword a little bit. Then he will call his friend to start charcging in to you. So hop in the Deku Flower and pop up when they are directly over you. The frog will fall off and start climbing the walls. Z target and shoot it with your arrows.

Once it is defeated, it turns in to a smaller frog, and we now have access to the chest in the room. It contains the Boss Room Key.

We exit and head back to the poison water room where there is a big wooden flower in the middle. Here, we have to shoot our bow through the flame torch in front of it, on to the torch in the middle of the flower thing. It's actually a pain in the butt because I'm awful at aiming.

This causes the flower to raise up and start spinning. It also cleanses the water in the temple, meaning we can now swim where we couldn't swim before.

Now for another incredibly difficult part of the dungeon, we get to stand in the middle of the moving platform and shoot through the flame in to the torch in a corner of the room. I got lucky and did it in two shots this time. I normally waste all of my arrows and have to go get more.

Now we fly over to the platform next to taht torch and step on to the button, revealing another fairy! After that, we head back to the room with the narrow walkways and the water and the torch lighting with the skeleton dude thing. Bcause now that the water is no longer poisoned, we can get some more fairies!

Under one of the platforms (looking up) is a beehive. Shoot it down to get another fairy! Then there is the one under the bridge. I've used a walkthrough to make sure I got everything for my playthrough (while adjusting the order of certain things for my own preference) and it makes this fairy overly complicated. Something about facing the right direction and shooting it with the bow and...
just swim in to it. Just swim in to the fairy. And there we go!

Now we can head back to the area that brings us through the final door. Last room before the boss. And its a pain. Maybe not for everyone, but for me it is.

I'm going to shorten it by saying, there are Deku Steps that you have to fly up and you can collect another three fairies that way.

Next we have to get rid of the Dragonflies. They like to hang out in areas where we have to fly around a lot. Now the complicated part is lining yourself up just right to land in the perfect areas for certain things. You have to shoot a crystal so that the flames covering one of the fairies (and also the platforms you need to use) disapear for a few minutes. Then you have to work fats and make your way over there.

With that, we have collected all of our stray fairies! Once we reach the far door, it is time for the boss fight!

That is our Boss. He makes weird noises, dances around, and has more attacks than a boss should. There's many different strategies to defeating him, so I'll just give you mine: Attack him in some way shape or form. I'm actually not clear on his attack patterns and what works when and why. So I shoot him witha rrows, slash him with my sword, throw bombs at him, the whole bit.

Anyways he dances around and incredicle speeds, slashes you with a giant sword, summons killer moths, summons other bugs, and traps you in rings of fire. So yeah just... keep attacking. Something will work eventually.

A few strategies use the Deku Mask, but I've never used it. Especially not with the flame ring that pops up on you which is instant death for Deku Link.

Once you defeat him, he will leave behind a mask to collect. Go over and grab it and you will be brought to some mysterious area.

You will see one of the Four Giants who has been set free. He makes noises at you until Tatl catches on and tells us it must be a song.

We have now learned the Oath to Order.

LB_sZA2pJdc

Next time we will rescue the Princess and the Monkey and do some post dungeon activities!

Pumpkin
12-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Now that we have finished the Swamp Dungeon, we just have a few sidequesties to do, and then it is off to Snowhead area to get the Goron Mask!

Now that the Boss has been defeated, we see the poison of the swamp disapear and the swamp goes back to normal.

We find the missing Princess hidden behind some vines. She asks us to take her back to her father quickly. How do we bring her there? Sweep her up in to a bottle of course!

Really not sure how she manages to fit, but she does. Before we head back to the Deku Palace though, we head over to the Great Fairy Fountain, and she upgrades our spin attack, which I never use anyways. Yay! Now we head back to the Deku Palace.

Once we arrive, we drop the Princess out in front of the King. She tackles him and jumps up and down on him, calling him foolish. She also yells at the other scrubs and demands they release the poor innocent monkey.

Once that is all said and done, Link is thanked for his time and the Deku Butler offers us something if we go to the area to the left of the Deku Palace. What follows is one of the most rage inducing sidequests of the game.

We go see the Deku Butler and he offers us a prize. We just have to follow him to go get it. It's really just that simple. We have to follow him and not fall behind and do jumps and avoid walls of fire and a few other things. At the end of it, he apoligizes for going so fast, saying he felt something like his son in Link and his competetive nature came out.

Here are some pics of the ordeal for you:

In exchange for all of this, he gives us the Mask of Scents which helps you with a potion sidequest that I never do. If you want to know, it sniffs out mushrooms (and stinky underwear), you swipe them in a bottle, bring them to the potion shop and BAM blue potion.

It isn't clear at the point in the game, but the sad tree we saw way at the beginning? That was the Deku butlers son. And he doesn't come back at the end. He is just dead. I'm making it slightly lighthearted, but no it's actually one of the saddest parts of the game at the end when everyone is celebrating and the Deku Butler finds his dead son. Sadness.

Anyways, now we head back and rescue the old witch again (because we reset time) which allows us to do her post Woodfall archery game. You have to shoot a certain number of targets as the boat goes around and avoid hiting her too many times. After a few tries, I suceed and get a piece of heart!

After that event it is time to go to the Spider House and free the poor random man from his curse.

This is the Spider House:

And this is the curse:

It's kind of like the sidequest in OoT where you have to find all of the spiders, but they are all in this one place. I'm not going to give a guide to where all 30 are, but if you need any help, let me know and I'll post it up!

In exchange for freeing the man from is curse, we get the Mask of Truth, which allows us to speak to the Stones of Truth and animals.

And with that, we can proceed to do another sidequest. There are four stones of truth in holes around Termina field. Well four in each four holes... ish. Anyways, they say they al want to be the same colour. So we have to go around singing our Sonata of Awakening to the biggest stone to turn them all green. For this we get a heart piece!

If it is the first or second night, we can go see the Postman in Clock Town and he will challenge us to guess 10 seconds on the dot. If you wear the Bunny Hood you can see the timer, which makes it significantly easier. If you suceed, you get a piece of heart!

Now that we are in Clock Town, we can do a few more things. To get this out of the way, there is an archery game in Clock Town. If you beat the high score of 39(?) you get a larger quiver for your arrows. That was easy enough. But you need to hit EVERY SINGLE TARGET to get the piece of heart and after wasting countless rupees, I gave up. I'll get it another time!

Another fun game, if you have the time, is the Lover's game place. You need to win 3 different games in 3 days to get the piece of heart. The first day I think is the one where you set Bombachus to explode on the targets, the 2nd day you throw bombs in to baskets, and the 3rd day you shoot arrows at moving targets. New piece of heart!

After that, we wait until the third day to get access to Romani Ranch. At the far end of the ranch is the dog races. Put on your mask of truth and pick up the dogs to hear their thoughts. The more confident they sound, the more likely they are to win. If you win 150 rupees on a bet, you also get another piece of heart!

There's a few more sidequests you can do in town now, but i'm saving those for later.

Next up is Goron Village!

Ghosteses
12-30-2013, 12:50 AM
omg shion i <3 this game =D good job so far! ^..^