PDA

View Full Version : If you could swap Vaan and Penelo

Elskidor
12-08-2013, 08:17 PM
for two other characters to be in your party full time, who would they be? Would you even wanna swap them? I would prefer to keep them as people already in Ivalice and FFXII, but whatever works.

I'd probably go with Vossler and that liar Ondore or Larsa.

Freya
12-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Mont blanc!

Fynn
12-08-2013, 09:49 PM
I actually like Vaan and Penelo. But if I had to choose, I'd probably go for Montblanc and Larsa :D

maybee
12-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Yeah Larsa and Montblac :jess:

Forsaken Lover
12-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Ditch Vaan, keep Penelo. Trade in Larsa for Vaan and make him the main character.

Heath
02-09-2014, 05:29 PM
I didn't mind Vaan and Penelo too much. I would prefer them in party to Larsa, if only because I liked the political dimension to the game, and the sense that there were things going on outside of the main party made it more interesting and the plot a bit deeper. That's not to suggest that I didn't like Larsa, just that I think his role and his character was good in part because he wasn't permanently playable.

Vossler was pretty awesome though, so would happily have him permanently!

TrollHunter
02-09-2014, 08:00 PM
I'd want montblanc and a bangaa of some sort. So probably Monid since there arent too many good notable ones (except Ba'Gamnan but I mean come on).
It disappointed me that the only non-hume in FFXII we get in our party is Fran. I loved encountering the Bangaa in the ester/westersands and would have loved one in the party.

Montblanc is just a badass so that'd be fun, hes such a bro in FFTA2.

I quite enjoy using Penelo and Vaan in combat though with self-imposed jobs (Penelo as a "monk" and Vaan as a "magic samurai").

But yeah, I'd trade them for any non-hume characters~

magemasher
03-11-2014, 01:29 AM
I didn't dislike either of them but I'd swap either one of them for Al-Cid.

Dalkaen
03-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Vaan really didn't seem like main character material to me. He seemed like more of an observer than anything else. I think it would have been awesome to have some more non-hume charactes for sure. Bangaa were probably my favorite race in FFTA so I'd love to have one of those in the party--although I guess it would be pretty weird if he were a main character.

Pete for President
03-12-2014, 11:39 PM
I'd want montblanc and a bangaa of some sort. So probably Monid since there arent too many good notable ones (except Ba'Gamnan but I mean come on).
It disappointed me that the only non-hume in FFXII we get in our party is Fran. I loved encountering the Bangaa in the ester/westersands and would have loved one in the party.

Montblanc is just a badass so that'd be fun, hes such a bro in FFTA2.

I quite enjoy using Penelo and Vaan in combat though with self-imposed jobs (Penelo as a "monk" and Vaan as a "magic samurai").

But yeah, I'd trade them for any non-hume characters~

A Bangaa and a Moogle would be cool indeed.

Pumpkin
03-12-2014, 11:44 PM
I really liked Penelo, so I wouldn't swap her for anyone.

Psychotic
03-23-2014, 05:34 PM
An extra Basch and an extra Balthier. I could rotate them into my party depending on whether I wanted to double up on stoic badasses or suave badasses.