PDA

View Full Version : Quoting TV shows IRL

Jinx
12-09-2013, 01:57 AM
Share your stories!

Last night I was at my family's Christmas celebration, and my aunt asked me if I wanted to build a chocolate house. I was seriously confused, so I said, "I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it."

Jessweeee♪
12-09-2013, 02:23 AM
Me and my friends sometimes have entire conversations made up only of Community quotes.

Community - Butt Stuff - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBkJYnLjsaw)

Shorty
12-09-2013, 03:23 AM
Rantz and I quote The Office fairly regularly in conversation. ie, he will say "yeppers" and I will say "what did I tell you about 'yeppers'" and it will go from there xD

"Hey everyone, I'm taking off my pants!" is a commonly used quote from That 70's Show in my household. When my mom asks me why I'm making the face I'm making, I pull a Nick Miller from New Girl and say, "This is my only face! I don't have a lot of faces!" And like Jinx, I will use some from Arrested Development, "If that's a veiled criticism about me, I won't hear it, and I won't respond to it," and "I've made a huge mistake."

And a lot more of The Office and Archer. A lot of Archer.

Can we do movies? We need a movie quotes thread.

edit: I forgot Aqua Teen. "Now you listen to me, you coozed up gypsy!"

RocketMBA
12-09-2013, 11:32 AM
The kids can call him Hoju.

noxious.sunshine
12-10-2013, 09:18 PM
GOD. There was this one Grill Master (he moved up to Kitchen Manager while I was there).. He was awesome and hilarious and I kinda had a crush on him..

He was -always- saying "That's what she said" to everything. He'd be like "I can't get this in there. It don't fit" (talking about the fabric "wet floor" sign with plastic bars to hold it up that folds up & goes into a holder on the wall) and immediately .. "OOOOOHhhhh.. That's what she said."

My boyfriend did the *knockknockknock* Penny *knockknockknock* Penny thing, but said "Sergeant" instead to his superior at work. lol

Scotty_ffgamer
12-10-2013, 09:20 PM
"Ow, my heart!" Tina from Bob's Burgers. This is probably the one I say the most. I used to consistently quote The Office, but it's been a long time since I've done that.

Jinx
12-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Another thing I quote: Tim and Eric. All the time. I find that there's always a relevant quote from that show. The one it seems I use the most is when Denmark says "Fair enough." and I end up of singing the words back to him to the tune of 'Silver Bells'.

Denmark and I often quote Portlandia. The way that Carrie says "aw" during the dumpster diving skit. We say aw like that all the time, and if one of us says aw, we'll repeat it several times to sound like her.

Shorty
12-10-2013, 09:32 PM
I forgot 30 Rock! Liz Lemon is the reason I said "nerds" as often as I do.

CimminyCricket
12-10-2013, 09:34 PM
your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass - me to my wife

Shorty
12-10-2013, 09:39 PM
What is that from xD

CimminyCricket
12-10-2013, 09:51 PM
i'm disappointed in you

it's from archer
http://rasupergirl.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/your-authority-is-not-recognized-in-fort-kick-ass.png?w=624

also i meant kickass not bad ass

Shorty
12-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Some of the seasons I have not seen! :( I am not anrcher expert!

Calliope
12-10-2013, 10:13 PM
And that's the end of that chapter!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-10-2013, 10:25 PM
'Shiny'

and

'Some people juggle geese'

but most of all

'Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!'

Thats about it. I don't watch enough of other shows to really remember them. My memory is defective if I haven't seen it multiple times.

Lonely Paper Star
12-11-2013, 12:19 AM
I often say, both online and irl, "This is wrinkling my brain." And sometimes I find myself humming Michael Haggins' "Daybreak" ... it's not a quote, but it's just a Community thing I get stuck in my head.

I also like to say, "you poor summer child."

Hollycat
12-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Go into the chat room and quote anything monty python or doctor who related and a conversation will ensue.

I quote animes all the time, especially to people who I know wont understand it.

A few weeks ago a friend of mine was depressed about school and I told him:
"Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the me that believes in you."

Then I helped him with math.

I Took the Red Pill
12-11-2013, 12:44 AM
My friend and I frequently have the following exchange:

"Are ya...are ya gonna eat that stapler?"

"Mr Griffin, you can't eat a stapler."

"Wanna spliiiiiit it?"

I'd say a good 6% of our conversations are quotes from the first three seasons of family guy.

"Of course, now I know it wasn't a cheeseburger, but at that time, I was ready to believe anything."

Shorty
12-11-2013, 12:46 AM
oh my god haha you've opened up the realm of family guy and american dad

A friend of mine and I would always say, "thinking bout'cha sideburns?" whenever either of us looked contemplative.

edit: Metalocalypse is a common one between my sister and our group of friends. Hail Satan!

Raistlin
12-11-2013, 03:48 AM
My junior and senior year at college was pretty much one never-ending South Park reference. My roommates and I would quote it frequently, and conversations would not uncommonly spiral off into back-and-fourth South Park quotes.

Jowy
12-11-2013, 03:58 AM
<a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpihGKmYgY>That's the way she goes.</a>

Calliope
12-11-2013, 04:10 AM
Sometimes when I think about writing, I think "You racka disciprine!"

Scotty_ffgamer
12-11-2013, 05:36 AM
I constantly told my old roommate "Have you tried turning it off and on again" anytime he came to me with computer issues. He'd never do it, though. He always told me he thought it wouldn't help.

Lonely Paper Star
12-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Another thing: because of South Park's recent episodes, some of my friends and I keep saying "bandoru" instead of "bundle" and keep singing Kenny's princess theme song, as well as SP's version of the GoT theme song.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-12-2013, 04:56 AM
Whenever I quote a TV show the person I'm talking to is always in on the joke and they say it back.

"Tonight's the night" from Dexter.

Also "sshht" when the Dog Whisperer tries to calm dogs down and does that sort of hush noise.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-12-2013, 04:33 PM
When someone is arguing with me.

"I'll do what I want, when I want, and I how want. And no mummy is going to tell me what to do!"

Heath
12-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Someone was moaning about contractors the other day and I wondered if they agreed with Ron Swanson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2qMDhGFwbw) on this topic. They did.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-15-2013, 09:19 AM
I've never said this out loud but it's too hilarious not to share.

Community - just pretend like you're asleep

aRkPYPRZ79w

escobert
12-17-2013, 04:26 AM
A Charlie quote or Trailer Park Boys quote comes up only daily at work.

Rantz
12-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Give me all the eggs and bacon you have.

Miriel
12-17-2013, 08:50 PM
All the time: http://i41.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/mcg4t3.gif

Shorty
12-20-2013, 06:12 AM
I call my sister a coozed up gypsy more than I realize (Aqua Teen).