PDA

View Full Version : Demo disc!

Freya
12-09-2013, 05:48 AM
When I first played this game it was from the demo disc in Brave Fencer Musashi. I thought it was the coolest game ever and wanted it really badly. Then when I got the actual game that same point in the game that was in the demo was so much worse than the demo version and little young me was disappointed. It is partially why I wasn't the biggest fan of this game I held a grudge.

Did you get the demo disc for this game? Did it help make your gaming decision to buy and play it? Isn't brave fencer musashi awesome?

Scotty_ffgamer
12-09-2013, 06:06 AM
My experience with getting into VIII simply involved my brother randomly getting it for his birthday from my parents. He had never played any RPGs that I know of, and I don't think he ever had an interest in the series. Anyways, I had never seen a demo or anything beforehand (and had never actually seen any Squaresoft games before).

All this is to say I have not played the demo disc. Did the demo involve the Dollet mission? What made the demo better than the actual scene in the game?

Elskidor
12-09-2013, 06:20 AM
I think that may have been how I played it first, but don't remember. I had it on the day it was released, and nothing was going to sway my opinion on getting it though. I don't think I've missed buying a FF numeral title on release date, unless it was an mmo.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-09-2013, 06:36 AM
This was my first Final Fantasy. At the time I had a babysitter who bought a playstation that came with this and tetris for $25. She didn't really know anything about the game and I said it was really awesome so she just gave it to me.

I never played the demo disc. I ended up hearing about it long after playing the game but I've always had a desire to play the demo just to see how it is. For me there's always new excitement to a demo just because I think about things like "this was our first chance to get a crack at this game".

Aulayna
12-09-2013, 06:57 PM
I got the demo disc from an Official Playstation Magazine UK special edition mag that was all about Final Fantasy. FFVII was the first one most people in the UK (and most of EU) had seen of the franchise, so FFVIII coming out was a huge deal and it also made people realise that it wasn't a sequel to FFVII.

My favourite part of the demo was the story prelude at the beginning of it that had the SeeD theme playing with the text scrolling up, before fading into the Dollet assault FMV. I thought that was badass.

Also the demo was actually tougher than the segment in the game itself because your character levels were lower in the demo and the spider robot thing actually had higher stats too. I also think the entire demo had a time limit on it, rather than just the timer to get back to the beach in time.

Elskidor
12-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Oh lookie, a wiki on it even Final Fantasy VIII Demo - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VIII_Demo)

Ayen
12-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Played the demo, it was tougher than the part in the actual game. Didn't affect my overall opinion of the game itself when I finally got around to playing it. I had fun.