PDA

View Full Version : Tantalus appreciation. Who's your favorite? Plus cool Amano artwork!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-09-2013, 06:24 AM
I've got to go with Blank. The cutscene in the Evil Forest really made an impression on me the first time I saw it. It's also really cool watching him integrate himself back in to the group later on down the road and trying to catch up on what's been going on.

There's also something I've been wondering about him. Doesn't he look like he has skin like Sally from The Nightmare before Christmas? Stitched up? Or is that just his outfit?

I also love Ruby's lines. I remember one time I actually answered Baku with "We're going to kidnap Queen Brahne" too many times so I could see the scene where Ruby comes in and says we're gonna be late! Or something like that :)

I made a poll so we could have a tally of everyone's favorites. I intentionally left Zidane out. Given his role in the story, I didn't want that poll option to overshadow all the others.

I found this really cool Amano artwork of Tantalus and wanted to share it:

Freya
12-09-2013, 06:32 AM
I always liked Marcus. He was the leader really. I mean baku was the LEADER but marcus was the one trying to saves blank and everything. He just seemed to care a whole heck of a lot an people listened to him.

Jiro
12-09-2013, 07:29 AM
That artwork is damn cool. I was always a big fan of Blank, but I have to give massive credit to Baku for giving all these street kids a home.

Quindiana Jones
12-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Baku was an excellent leader, and Marcus really held the group together. He was the mother, of a sort. xD

But Blank is just too bloody cool to not vote for. What a beast.

Jinx
12-09-2013, 03:38 PM
BLANK!

Scotty_ffgamer
12-09-2013, 05:26 PM
I wish we all lived close together. I feel like reinacting Tantalus' performance of I Want to be Your Canary would be great for our Youtube channel.

Honestly, I like all of them pretty equally. Each of them have things to like for different reasons. I will say that I always liked Ruby, though. She has one of my favorite ATEs.

Freya
12-10-2013, 04:13 AM
Haha that would be great! Yeah too bad we're not closer. Maybe we can be nerdy and plan that for one of the many meetups. HEY NYC MEETUP you have a mission!

Pumpkin
12-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Marcus. Just cause.

I think he's a good guy.

Psychotic
12-31-2013, 05:18 PM
I was gonna go for Blank but then I remembered Cinna and his giant fuck off hammer that he goes around beating things with. How can I not go for that? Also, I really liked Ruby too and would've liked to have seen more of her.

Heath
01-01-2014, 05:29 PM
I've always rather liked Blank. I think his character design is pretty cool, and the FMV at the end of the Evil Forest is one of my favourite parts of the start of the game.

Not sure if they count, but I also really liked the Tantalus band.

Depression Moon
01-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Ha, I picked other so I was still technically able to vote for Zidane.

starlet
01-01-2014, 09:50 PM
must I choose??? Alright, fine....I'll go with Ruby. But I mean really, they're all great. Also....DAT ART.

Vivisteiner
01-02-2014, 04:45 PM
I like Baku. Gwahahahahaaa!