PDA

View Full Version : Adult Swim

Shorty
12-09-2013, 07:46 AM
I haven't had tv in almost two years and I am suffering badly from some Adult Swim withdrawls.

Aqua Teen is probably my favorite thing Adult Swim has ever done and Master Shake is the absolute best, but there's a damn lot of shows to be reckoned with like Metalocalypse, Harvey Birdman, Sealab 2021, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, not to mention they featured some awesome anime like Cowboy, Bebop Samurai Champloo and Fullmetal Alchemist, etc. Squidbillies was hard for me to get into at first, but once I did, I found it hilarious.

And all of the awesome old cartoons they would show at like 2am! Waking up in the middle of the night with Thundercats or He-Man and the Masters of the Universe on your tv was awesome.

Talk about everything great that is Adult Swim, and don't forget the commercials! I actually miss the commercials. :(

theundeadhero
12-09-2013, 07:59 AM
The past couple of days I watched through all the Metalocalypse DVDs. I love it.

Shorty
12-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Metalocalypse is great. Also, I forgot to mention Home Movies!

Jinx
12-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Tim and Eric.

noxious.sunshine
12-09-2013, 04:29 PM
that Home Movies or whatever it was called.

I looooved Space Ghost C2C ! Brakk was hilarious ... then he got The Brakk Show and it wasn't nearly as funny as the segments on C2C, but still pretty good.

I can't remember what else I got into with Adult Swim though, but I know there were several shows I liked.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Space Ghost Coast to Coast is the best. Aqua Teen is pretty good. I'm sure I'd enjoy it more now than when one of my friends would force me to watch it everytime we hung out... I had bad taste in tv shows back then, haha.

escobert
12-09-2013, 04:44 PM
I like pretty much anything that's actually animated. I hate all of their live action shows.

I Took the Red Pill
12-09-2013, 04:47 PM
I haven't really watched Adult Swim for a few years now, but yeah, being a teenager when Aqua Teen was in its heyday was perfect. Sealab was another favorite. It also introduced me to the early seasons of Family Guy (1-3), which are undeniable classics.

There were so many random shows that failed on Adult Swim, too. Anyone remember 12 Oz. Mouse? Assy Mcgee?

Tim and Eric is too much for me. But I did like Tom Goes to the Mayor.

theundeadhero
12-09-2013, 06:48 PM
I have a VHS tape that's full of Space Ghost C2C episodes I recorded :p

Jessweeee♪
12-10-2013, 01:00 AM
Venture Bros is the best animated show ever and let my favorite character tell you why in his own words:

Also, like, every spoiler ever is in this video.
The Venture Bros Season 1-4 Recap in 8 Minutes - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CHVLSY_Hrk)

and

The Venture Bros.: The Boys Never Died - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhZjQwHJFJY)

starlet
12-10-2013, 01:19 AM
I found these guys at Youmacon this past October...

Sometimes before playing a movie when I had people over, I'd play the beginning of the ATHF movie just because. I miss AS soooo much. I haven't had cable in years :(

Jessweeee♪
12-10-2013, 01:21 AM
My favorite thing about Monarch henchmen cosplay is that their uniforms would probably actually look like that.

Jowy
12-10-2013, 03:48 AM
My favorite thing about Monarch henchmen cosplay is that their uniforms would probably actually look like that.

COSTUMED BUSINESS.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-10-2013, 06:46 AM
I just realized I forgot to mention Home Movies. H Jon Benjamin is the best.

I've always wanted to get into Venture Bros. Way too many of my friends are obsessed with that show and I've never seen it.

Freya
12-10-2013, 07:00 AM
Yeah apparently it's a lot of live action crap now. I've heard less than positive things.

I used to watch it in its hayday too. Also when I didn't pay for my own cable. I'm poor :(

Jowy
12-11-2013, 01:18 AM
I just realized I forgot to mention Home Movies. H Jon Benjamin is the best.

I've always wanted to get into Venture Bros. Way too many of my friends are obsessed with that show and I've never seen it.

Start <a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0739352/>here.</a>

Shiny
12-13-2013, 07:33 AM
When I first saw Space Ghost Coast to Coast it was actually at the end of the film The Mask. Then years later I saw it on Adult Swim and I almost shat my pants at how funny it was. I also love their shows Home Movies, Cowboy Bebop, Family Guy, Sealab 2020, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Mission Hill <3