PDA

View Full Version : WINTER IS COMING: Game of Thrones by Telltale Games Confirmed

Pike
12-09-2013, 10:26 AM
From Rock Paper Shotgun:

Game of Thrones will be based on HBO’s version of George R.R. Martin’s lusty tale of lustful lustiness (and dragons), as opposed to reinterpreting material straight from the books. It will be done “in a Telltale way,” so probably expect plenty of choice, consequence, and, like, 30 red weddings. I’d post the VGX interview about it, but it’s entirely insubstantial and consistently awkward due to Joel McHale trying to be Joel McHale in an environment super non-conducive to it.

The big takeaways? Telltale still doesn’t really know what exactly it’s doing with the story, the main plot and side plots are still on the table, and there’ll be big battles, but they’ll be less about action and more centered on Telltale-style objectives and themes. Telltale’s Game of Thrones will kick off sometime in 2014.

ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR A WALKING DEAD-STYLE GAME OF THRONES??

:hyper: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/smiley/getin001_zpscd2687d5.gif

RocketMBA
12-09-2013, 11:14 AM
This better happen on Android!

Ayen
12-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Here I was planning to look into the other Game of Thrones game they released not all that long ago, although you don't get to play as any of the main characters on it. Telltale sounds like a style of gameplay I would be really into so I'm excited for this.

Jinx
12-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Ooh, this could be fun!

Bolivar
12-09-2013, 03:12 PM
I think this is perfect and can't wait to see how it turns out. I'd rather wish they'd be ambitious and go for the books, though, since the show is like an endless display of compromise. But I guess sticking to the show makes it more accessible for non-book readers which is definitely a good thing.

Madame Adequate
12-09-2013, 03:52 PM
GET IN

Psychotic
12-09-2013, 05:36 PM
I've heard a lot of this "Telltale Games" and everybody seems to like it. Tell me, I have never watched The Walking Dead, but may do so one day: Should I play this game? Is it spoilers? I mean I could just Google this but you guys are cooler than Google.

Pike
12-09-2013, 05:51 PM
I haven't seen The Walking Dead but I'm pretty sure the game is largely separate with different characters and stories and everything. Also the game is fantastic.

Madame Adequate
12-09-2013, 05:55 PM
I've heard a lot of this "Telltale Games" and everybody seems to like it. Tell me, I have never watched The Walking Dead, but may do so one day: Should I play this game? Is it spoilers? I mean I could just Google this but you guys are cooler than Google.

There are a couple of cameos from comic/TV characters in the game but nothing really in that regard, it's essentially a totally sepeaate group. There is a significant plot point which comes up in the game and is shared with the series and comics, but I hesitate to call it a spoiler because it's equally valid in presentation across the three media.

And yes you should play it, it did not win all those awards because of bribes and biases, it won them because it's a shockingly good game.

Ayen
12-09-2013, 05:56 PM

The Telltale game is more based on the book, and by book I think that's just the overall universe. A few of the main characters make cameo appearances but that's it (remembering what was said in the description for it in the Best Games thread). It's the Activision version of the game that's based more on the TV show.

Edit: Late by this much | |

Del Murder
12-09-2013, 06:35 PM
There are no spoilers in TWD other than some origins of things that have already happened by the time of the comic. It has no relation to the events of the show.

I loved TWD and so of course I'm excited for the GoT treatment. :)

Agent Proto
12-09-2013, 10:54 PM
This is awesome!

Shorty
12-09-2013, 11:29 PM
So excited! :hyper: